Bizarre Sun article claims Kamberi snubbed two-year deal but contains official club statement saying no such offer was made

mdingwall

Administrator
Mental :oops:

Rangers transfer news: Kamberi rejects two-year deal from Gers to join St Gallen
  • Derek McGregor
FLORIAN KAMBERI has REJECTED a two-year deal from Rangers to sign for Swiss Super League runners-up St Gallen.

SunSport understands Light Blues boss Steven Gerrard had finally sanctioned a near six-figure move for the Hibs outcast he had on loan last season.

Kamberi has rejected Rangers deal to join St Gallen

Kamberi has rejected Rangers deal to join St GallenCredit: Getty Images - Getty
 Gerrard will turn his attention to other targets as he aims to strengthen Rangers attacking options

Gerrard will turn his attention to other targets as he aims to strengthen Rangers attacking optionsCredit: Getty Images - Getty
But although the 25-year-old was keen on a permanent Ibrox switch he wasn’t prepared to accept the terms on offer.

And now he’s bound for St Gallen who will be in the Europa League next season after finishing runners-up to Young Boys.

SunSport revealed in July 13 they had opened talks with Hibs.

Hibs will be relieved to get rid of the striker with boss Jack Ross making it clear he had no future at the club after returning to training in the summer with still nine months left of his contract.

Kamberi – who cost £120,000 from Grasshoppers in 2018 - infuriated Hibees fans in January after calling his loan switch to Rangers a ‘dream’ move and also praising their supporters.

He impressed with Gerrard’s side even though he managed just one goal in nine games and he was viewed as a decent squad option with Jermain Defoe currently sidelined and a reliance on Alfredo Morelos.

Now his snub leaves the Gers boss assessing other striker targets.

A Rangers spokesperson said: "The story regarding Rangers offering a permanent contract to Florian Kamberi is incorrect.

"We appreciated Flo’s efforts during his loan spell and wish him every success in the future”

It's an update to a story published yesterday. Pubbed yesterday at 23 33 and updated today at 1944.

It's hardly updated if it's still screaming a totally false story.

From experience, a club saying they didn't offer a deal doesn't necessarily make it true. I've had clubs deny they were signing a player as they were literally sat in the next room being photographed for unveiling on social media etc. (Not to say it's the case here but a club denying a transfer story doesn't make it untrue)

From experience, a club saying they didn't offer a deal doesn't necessarily make it true. I've had clubs deny they were signing a player as they were literally sat in the next room being photographed for unveiling on social media etc. (Not to say it's the case here but a club denying a transfer story doesn't make it untrue)

It's lazy and indicative of the general contempt for the reader. If they're updating, they should at least include the mention of today's two signings. Or maybe "Now his snub leaves the Gers boss assessing other striker targets"....

A journalist saying he was offered a contract doesn’t make it true either, but you seem to go against the club and back a newspaper that tells lies about Rangers regularly.

The story is clearly pish.
We would have needed to bid for him and agree a fee with Hibs.

Maybe you can ask around and see what our bid was?
Should be easy enough given your contacts.

It's lazy and indicative of the general contempt for the reader. If they're updating, they should at least include the mention of today's two signings. Or maybe "Now his snub leaves the Gers boss assessing other striker targets"....
The two signings will be separate stories. Personally, I'd have also used that quote from Rangers as a distinct one too tbh.

“SunSport understands Light Blues boss Steven Gerrard had finally sanctioned a near six-figure move for the Hibs outcast”

So Gerrard wasn’t too sure about Kamberi, then eventually decided he was worth about £99k...

Crap article by an amateur “journalist”

A journalist saying he was offered a contract doesn’t make it true either, but you seem to go against the club and back a newspaper that tells lies about Rangers regularly.
I've not offered any opinion on whether I think the story is true or not. Personally, I think the truth is somewhere in between. Informal talks held over what we'd be looking to offer and it went no further than that.

The story is clearly pish.
We would have needed to bid for him and agree a fee with Hibs.

Maybe you can ask around and see what our bid was?
Should be easy enough given your contacts.

No we wouldnt necessarily have. Clubs hold talks with players all the time before a fee is agreed with their club's consent. If a club feels a deal is likely to happen, they will often give players permission to hold formal talks over terms (clubs have even publicly announced transfers 'in principle' before a fee was agreed).

Players also have agents that can and do hold informal talks over terms with possible suitors.

No we wouldnt necessarily have. Clubs hold talks with players all the time before a fee is agreed with their club's consent. If a club feels a deal is likely to happen, they will often give players permission to hold formal talks over terms (clubs have even publicly announced transfers 'in principle' before a fee was agreed).

Players also have agents that can and do hold informal talks over terms with possible suitors.

So we didn't bid for him.
We know St Gallen did, they agreed a fee.
We make a statement saying no offer was made.
We actually signed two forwards today.

Would it kill you to just admit it's made up bollocks?

So we didn't bid for him.
We know St Gallen did, they agreed a fee.
We make a statement saying no offer was made.
We actually signed two forwards today.

Would it kill you to just admit it's made up bollocks?

Mind the club said that the story about Covid testing was bollocks and the one about the Castore kit leaks being fake? Those ones turned out spot on.

Funnily enough they only agreed a fee with St. Gallen yesterday. He's been in Switzerland having talks with them since last week.

We did sign two forwards today. Nothing about that means that we didn't have an interest in making Kamberi's deal permanent earlier in the summer.

I've no idea if it's bollocks or not (as I've said, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle) but I'd certainly not be hanging my hat on a club denying a transfer story. It wouldnt be the first time clubs have denied transfer stories only to sign the player they said they had no intention of signing.

Mind the club said that the story about Covid testing was bollocks and the one about the Castore kit leaks being fake? Those ones turned out spot on.

Funnily enough they only agreed a fee with St. Gallen yesterday. He's been in Switzerland having talks with them since last week.

We did sign two forwards today. Nothing about that means that we didn't have an interest in making Kamberi's deal permanent earlier in the summer.

I've no idea if it's bollocks or not (as I've said, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle) but I'd certainly not be hanging my hat on a club denying a transfer story. It wouldnt be the first time clubs have denied transfer stories only to sign the player they said they had no intention of signing.
I know Castore denied the leaked strips, I don't remember Rangers saying anything about them.

I can't find anything from the club on the Covid testing being bollocks, just that the SFA asked for an explanation and we have no case to answer on it.

It's interesting that you have no idea if it's true. Surely if you wanted to you could easily find out.
Why don't you just do that?

You dont just all of a sudden sign Itten and Roofe. The size of these deals suggests to me this was highly pre planned. If we wanted Kamberi, we would have signed him at the start of summer. The idea he rejected us is laughable. I also dont think we even went back in for him. We would know exactly how much he was available for.

I know Castore denied the leaked strips, I don't remember Rangers saying anything about them.

I can't find anything from the club on the Covid testing being bollocks, just that the SFA asked for an explanation and we have no case to answer on it.

It's interesting that you have no idea if it's true. Surely if you wanted to you could easily find out.
Why don't you just do that?
Denied the Covid one to H&H as a 'non story'

Denied the kits one to both H&H and 4Lads iirc as well as castore also denying them.

You dont just all of a sudden sign Itten and Roofe. The size of these deals suggests to me this was highly pre planned. If we wanted Kamberi, we would have signed him at the start of summer. The idea he rejected us is laughable. I also dont think we even went back in for him. We would know exactly how much he was available for.

I totally agree the Roofe and Itte deals don't just come out of thin air. Roofe was definitely a long-term target - not sure Itten was that long term though.

Tbh, I think any talks over Kamberi will have been done much, much earlier in the summer and it's not just the case that he's 'rejected' us now.

Denied the Covid one to H&H as a 'non story'

Denied the kits one to both H&H and 4Lads iirc as well as castore also denying them.
You base Rangers lying on a tweet not from Rangers?
You dismiss an actual statement from Rangers on Kamberi though.

Again, you must know someone who can supply you with the information on our offer to Kamberi.
Feel free to tag me when you're posting it.

Again, you must know someone who can supply you with the information on our offer to Kamberi.
A tweet which says the source of the info is the club.

Lets just call them bloggers from now on?

There's no difference, just powder puff opinionated shite

I'll send a message to Hibs in the morning and see what they say.

I totally agree the Roofe and Itte deals don't just come out of thin air. Roofe was definitely a long-term target - not sure Itten was that long term though.

Tbh, I think any talks over Kamberi will have been done much, much earlier in the summer and it's not just the case that he's 'rejected' us now.

You have Kamberi and Rangers had already signed a Swiss internationalist who has scored 3 goals in 2 international games. Quite a difference in quality.
In any other line of work you would be fired for dereliction of duty being such a buffoon.
The Sun are stealing money from readers pockets writing such nonsense

Thats because you have no clout and nobody likes or respects you.

No reason to disbelieve the club here. We probably spoke to him about his role in the squad and it wasn’t for him, so everyone moved on before a contract was offered.

Bit strange that the Sun has decided to keep a story up that shows how far out the loop they are. It’s almost like they want to push any bad news story about the club.

Back