Bjorklund

Very quick and could read the game one mistake I can think of is going for ten in a row hearts at Ibrox he tried to let the ball go out for a goal kick but the guy nipped in squared it and they scored in saying that he was still a cracking player

I remember him as being fast with good positional awareness, don’t remember any of the faults others are mentioning, but I was just a young boy at the time.

Over the first two or three yards he was lightening quick. I really rated him and thought he made a lot of things look simple and effortless.

Felt during the 97/98 season he was doing to much to cover Gough. Struggled when the ball was in the air but in the ground he rarely got beat. I was surprised Advocaat didn’t want to keep him, would have been a good foil for Amo.

Was he here the time Richard Gough came back from America?
My memories of him where he wasn’t great in possession and not comfortable on the ball but could defend.

Good defender. Very fast. Dreadful with the ball. One of these players that hit the ball with the outside of their foot. Very underrated by the support at the time.

Probably unfair to compare any of our central defenders to those 2 mate.

Souness said Butcher was the best in the world when he signed for us and Gough wasn't far behind at his peak either.
Terry Butcher, at his peak, was up there with the best in the world. A Brilliant player who bled for the Jersey, had a wand of a left foot, fantastic tackler and reader of the game. Looked like he was born to play for Rangers but since he left seems not to really hold with us with any special regard.

I always seem to remember he was terrified when he had the ball, often lumping it into the stands.

We were spoiled in the late 80s and the 90s with a succession of superb centre halves, including Butcher and Gough. Bjorkland wasn't remotely close to their quality. He was decent but not much more than that. Even someone like Alan McLaren was a cracking defender back at that time - under rated and a better player than Bjorkland IMHO.

“Even someone like Alan Mclaren” ??
McLaren was an absolutely brilliant defender, if it hadn’t been for injury he would have captained us for years.

Bit of a mixed opinion of him suppose they question is would he get in our current team?

We were spoiled in the late 80s and the 90s with a succession of superb centre halves, including Butcher and Gough. Bjorkland wasn't remotely close to their quality. He was decent but not much more than that. Even someone like Alan McLaren was a cracking defender back at that time - under rated and a better player than Bjorkland IMHO.

McLaren was miles better in my opinion.

Didn’t he make a mistake against killie went to header it back but the keeper was already running out
Yes he did mate , i was there that night . Massive communication blunder with him and goram , he headed past goram and Paul Wright tapped it in. Thern equalised with a volley , finished 1-1 .

I could be wrong here but was Bjorkund’s uncle the Swedish national team manager?

Somebody on here met him a few years back and said he knew absolutely nothing about rangers, other than that ‘the club economy is bad’

Fast and good on the ball
Fast, great tackling, terrific man marker....absolutely fucking useless on the ball. Just thinking back to that image of his awkwardly crossing the halfway line at Parkhead... can only think of a handful of players who’ve looked less comfortable on the ball than he did in that moment.

Decent
I’ve been watching few old games on YouTube during this isolation and was wondering what people’s thoughts were on him?Bit before my time so can’t really remember but looks good in the old videos
Good defender and very quick, first touch and distribution not good.

I liked him. Good defender, always very tight to his man, good man marker and rapid

My 2 memories of him are both at the piggery. His tackle on cadete and his mazy run he went on

Hmmm was decent enough. His pace complemented the other central defenders. Tackle was good. Never really convinced or really suited our league.

The spfl is more Marvin Andrews I’d suggest, not a slight on the big man at all. Would struggle in the modern game in Scotland with teams high pressing us and long balling it.

Kilmarnock at rugby park midweek game absolutely balltic did him and Goram have the mix up that led to Kilmarnock goal
Game finished a draw

Back