Blackburn friendly

Why was Preston blocked mate? Got a no bad stadium etc, Handy with bears traveling too because of train station, police could’ve surely handled it?

Because it was due on a weekend the police the blocked, that is the 3rd friendlies that hasn't happen in the North West of England in the past 13 years, Bolton in 2006 Manchester United in 2010 for Gary Neville's testimonial and now this

We still face some issues

Because it was due on a weekend the police the blocked, that is the 3rd friendlies that hasn't happen in the North West of England in the past 13 years, Bolton in 2006 Manchester United in 2010 for Gary Neville's testimonial and now this

I see, so the police don’t want us coming down on a Saturday? Sheffield Wednesday last year was a Sunday and everything was fine!

I see, so the police don’t want us coming down on a Saturday? Sheffield Wednesday last year was a Sunday and everything was fine!

Would have been a Sunday yes

Sheffield Wednesday was the Sunday because the police blocked a Saturday date from memory

Different police forces as well

It’s hard to solve them if we don’t get the chance. The rhat that headed/heads up GMP made it clear long before the final that we were not welcome. Scumbag.

Oxford just announced a friendly with Fulham and at the bottom of the article it says "We have a prestigious away friendly still to be announced"

Yeah I think it stems from 1974 hence why we rarely play under their remit. It is clear we face some issues for friendlies in England
It can get better in time but it takes us to be on our best behaviour when we get the chance. Manchester will always be tough. Very big Irish population (likely to be anti-Rangers within the police and council) and as you say 1974 and 2008 still op fresh in their minds.

Hopefully we can get some decent friendlies going down here in the years to come as our European journey gets a little easier in time.

It can get better in time but it takes us to be on our best behaviour when we get the chance. Manchester will always be tough. Very big Irish population (likely to be anti-Rangers within the police and council) and as you say 1974 and 2008 still op fresh in their minds.

Hopefully we can get some decent friendlies going down here in the years to come as our European journey gets a little easier in time.

We played elsewhere in England with very little issues and had been policed accordingly, granted you will always get a few issues on the day itself but that is part of learning from it

We played elsewhere in England with very little issues and had been policed accordingly, granted you will always get a few issues on the day itself but that is part of learning from it

Thanks for clearing that up mate, Major shame, quite a few grounds I would love us to visit down south that I doubt will ever happen due to this!

Why was Preston blocked mate? Got a no bad stadium etc, Handy with bears traveling too because of train station, police could’ve surely handled it?
Polis just don't fancy 10 thousand pished Scots, Manchester is still fresh in the memory.
We've proved many times since though that there little problems when we travel south.

Polis just don't fancy 10 thousand pished Scots, Manchester is still fresh in the memory.
We've proved many times since though that there little problems when we travel south.

I know mate it’s pretty disappointing, hope things change in the future!

I know mate it’s pretty disappointing, hope things change in the future!
Doubt it mate, its always been the same for years, the bears in the 70s and 80s were ruthless haha.
English fa refused to sanction friendlies against us for years until we finally got to play Sunderland in a testimonial in about 1992, it didn't end to well Haha.

Well behaved in last 4 trips down south. Been to Derby, Bristol City and Sheff Wed. Massive turnout and the opposition fans couldn't believe the noise and our Britishness. Lots of drink taken but no problems that I saw. You will always get a few idiots who can't behave whichever team they follow. Maybe the bad behaviour of the tims in Lincoln and Sunderland hasn't helped. I live in England and Sunday travel is woeful - always seem to be digging the train tracks up. Probably drive up for one and stay over and chance the train for another.

Well behaved in last 4 trips down south. Been to Derby, Bristol City and Sheff Wed. Massive turnout and the opposition fans couldn't believe the noise and our Britishness. Lots of drink taken but no problems that I saw. You will always get a few idiots who can't behave whichever team they follow. Maybe the bad behaviour of the tims in Lincoln and Sunderland hasn't helped. I live in England and Sunday travel is woeful - always seem to be digging the train tracks up. Probably drive up for one and stay over and chance the train for another.

Majority of teams from Scotland, especially us, went on the rampage when we went to England.

Can understand some councils, police etc being nervous about it.

Was there not loads of trouble when hearts played preston away maybe 2008 can’t quite remember

Possibly fresh in the memory

Was there not loads of trouble when hearts played preston away maybe 2008 can’t quite remember

Possibly fresh in the memory

Aye, also Hibs at Bolton years ago. Everybody loves an away day to England and a lot of Scottish teams fans cause bother especially the smaller teams

Aye, also Hibs at Bolton years ago. Everybody loves an away day to England and a lot of Scottish teams fans cause bother especially the smaller teams
This is why i would never want to play in England. Too many eejits would want a go with "the jocks". It would be a riot every other weekend.

Back