Blackburn loyal

Kenny

Hi coming to Blackburn on Saturday does the Blackburn loyal meet somewhere to watch Rangers game

If it's Blackburn, Lancashire, then The Ivy Hotel, Infirmary St, Blackburn BB2 3RP is where you want to go. It's around 3/4 mins in a taxi from the Train Station - about £4. It's actually only around 10 mins walk too.

Times Bar, as mentioned, is Rangers friendly - that said, it's not a Rangers pub per se. The Ivy will have lots of bears there, tunes on etc, and is a decent crowd all in. It's the best option by far. Also - it's not a hotel, just a pub!

I live here, so my source is as good as it gets :D

EDIT: You may actually find that entertainment starts in Times Bar during the match, and that will be given priority as it's the same crowd of oldies that are there week in, week out. Cheap though!

If it's Blackburn, Lancashire, then The Ivy Hotel, Infirmary St, Blackburn BB2 3RP is where you want to go. It's around 3/4 mins in a taxi from the Train Station - about £4. It's actually only around 10 mins walk too.

Times Bar, as mentioned, is Rangers friendly - that said, it's not a Rangers pub per se. The Ivy will have lots of bears there, tunes on etc, and is a decent crowd all in. It's the best option by far. Also - it's not a hotel, just a pub!

EDIT: You may actually find that entertainment starts in Times Bar during the match, and that will be given priority as it's the same crowd of oldies that are there week in, week out. Cheap though!
Lad i asked said the Ivy also

Used to go in Ivy odd time when lived down there, Angel years before as well. Still see lads (icu) posting on fbook in in the Ivy.

Used to go in Ivy odd time when lived down there, Angel years before as well. Still see lads (icu) posting on fbook in in the Ivy.

It's a cracking wee boozer tbf. Good bunch of lads, who always make you feel welcome.

It's a cracking wee boozer tbf. Good bunch of lads, who always make you feel welcome.

Sad how many have closed, still down every few months but so many have gone now. Friendly town, most of my mates are from there and go Football.

Sad how many have closed, still down every few months but so many have gone now. Friendly town, most of my mates are from there and go Football.
That's Blackburn - was always going to happen with the change in demographic in the town. Darwen has a thriving pub and restaurant trade now, as a result of the same changes in Blackburn.

That's Blackburn - was always going to happen with the change in demographic in the town. Darwen has a thriving pub and restaurant trade now, as a result of the same changes in Blackburn.

Aye everyone says the same to me pal.

Cheers lads for info sounds like Ivy for us. But with train strike be bus from Manchester as we have tickets for Blackburn game

Cheers lads for info sounds like Ivy for us. But with train strike be bus from Manchester as we have tickets for Blackburn game
How may of you are there? And what time are you leaving Manchester/arriving in Blackburn?

Two of us leave anytime to see the Rangers game before Blackburn game mate
I was going to offer you guys a lift, but I completely forgot my car going in to bodyshop on Friday morning. If I get a courtesy car, I'm more than happy to pick you up wherever bus drops you though!

I was going to offer you guys a lift, but I completely forgot my car going in to bodyshop on Friday morning. If I get a courtesy car, I'm more than happy to pick you up wherever bus drops you though!
That would be great mate help with petrol. Staying in city centre Manchester. Can send my number mate

Yeah, happening in many places. You're not meant to notice it or mention it

I was meaning about Darwen being the lively place now, mind you seems been like that 10 year plus now. Know what you mean though.

Op is keen for this match getting the bus from Manc and back! Wouldn’t fancy that after a skinful.

I was meaning about Darwen being the lively place now, mind you seems been like that 10 year plus now. Know what you mean though.

Op is keen for this match getting the bus from Manc and back! Wouldn’t fancy that after a skinful.
Oh I getcha.
At least Op'll have the blackburn game to clear the head a bit before bus home lol

I wouldn't fancy that either as it must be a couple of hours each way. Accy to Blackburn is bad enough on the Hyndburn Circular.

I'll be down at Accy on Saturday but not by bus from where I stay as it would take all day to get there and back

Back