Blackpool accomodation for friendly

Galstonian Oranje

Official Ticketer
Where are we all staying? Any recommendations?

I'll be there with the youngster so probably looking at a family friendly b&b close to town.

Can't remember the name of our digs but sure as fcuk not the Hilton. :D

Just know it's on the front and near Yates's , and reviews says it's clean . All you need for one night.

I've stayed in the hotel attached to the stadium in the past, breakfast with the players, it was a great experience for the kids.

The Norwood is where you want to be. Up the road from the apartments and Hotels social club.
Stayed in it for 3 nights. No telly. Door didn't lock and some can't shat himself on the stairs. 24hr bar though and the breakfast is good. Place was a riot...

Hotel33 up beside the tower. Booked it as soon as the blackpool rumours started a couple of weeks ago. Got Friday till Sunday for £100 for me and ma boy.

Staying in myroomz silver strand hotel, right across from the pioneer, Friday to Monday, £150 for me and my son

Any idea if the Friday night or the Saturday night will be better for drinking with fellow fans? I’m booked on the Friday night but need to head home after the game so can’t stay Saturday.

Anybody that ends up in a shit hole ends up there coz they're miserly fvckers and went for the cheapest. Impossible to get caught off guard with thousands of trip advisor reviews for every place available and booking.com even showing pictures of the actual room you're paying for. Although saying that we ended up in the Royal Windsor last year coz it was all that was left on the front. Paid extra for a sea view and couldn't see out the windows they were so dirty and steamed up. Avoid that one.

The Norwood is where you want to be. Up the road from the apartments and Hotels social club.
Stayed in it for 3 nights. No telly. Door didn't lock and some can't shat himself on the stairs. 24hr bar though and the breakfast is good. Place was a riot...
Yes about the norm, a total khazi is Blackpool..

Staying at the Big Blue Hotel for 2 nights. Hopefully the game on Saturday then pleasure beach on the Sunday

Central Drive? I don't think so..
The thread is about holiday accommodation in Blackpool and you will get what you pay for. Personally I wouldn’t stay in Central Drive but to write off the whole of Blackpool is ridiculous. The Big Blue, the BLVRD, the Ruskin, the Hampton by Hilton, the Imperial are as good as you’ll find anywhere and Blackpool also has some great restaurants.

So you pick one shitey Street to call the whole of Blackpool a tip? As I say the town is having a major revamp, and it could do without idiots spreading shite, I've lived here for 40 years and I can tell you the recent difference is fantastic, credit where credits due.
OK I accept your point and I shouldn't have slated a whole town on a few bad streets..

Anybody that ends up in a shit hole ends up there coz they're miserly fvckers and went for the cheapest. Impossible to get caught off guard with thousands of trip advisor reviews for every place available and booking.com even showing pictures of the actual room you're paying for. Although saying that we ended up in the Royal Windsor last year coz it was all that was left on the front. Paid extra for a sea view and couldn't see out the windows they were so dirty and steamed up. Avoid that one.
100% correct. Had a nightmare there a few years back.

I’m laughing at this thread as I remember my mate and his FIL had went to Blackpool for a stag doo a few years ago. They had went with the crowd who had booked a hotel. The name eludes me but it was somewhere close to the North Pier. There was a sign above the reception desk indicating that there would be a £20 cleaning surcharge ‘if a guest pisses, shits or spews in bed’ :)). That was enough for them to make a hasty exit and check in at the Hilton

A heads up….

One of the worst hotels I’ve ever stayed in was for a stag doo a few years ago. The Savoy Hotel, north shore, Blackpool. Complete shithole.

Can’t go to Blackpool and stay in a nice hotel it just wouldn’t be the same haha
Was looking up the hotels and could believe the number of absolute shit tips. Took me an age yesterday to find something that was reasonably priced and didn’t look like stepping back into the 1980’s

Me and my daughter were in that god awful Metropole last year up the north pier
Was dated but clean enough for a couple of nights even though it takes about half an hour to get to your room
Part of the challenge is wondering what your hotel will be like and the Pioneer staff were very welcoming

Back