Blackpool accomodation for friendly

The Norbreck , Savoy, Metropole and Grand are all owned by Britannia Hotels and should be avoided
Plenty of decent hotels to choose from though

It’s an absolute shitehole. :))
Agreed, back in the day (1970's) the Norbreck Castle used to be one of the best hotels in Blackpool. We made the mistake of staying a weekend there in the 90's, a dump then and heard it's only got much worse since.

I've organised a 57 seater coach group trip every year (since 2013) for whenever Luton play Blackpool, or any club in the region Preston/Blackburn/Wigan/Acc Stanley/Morecambe/Southport etc

We always stay at the ALL INCLUSIVE Claremont Hotel - Fri - Sun 2 nts (has to be both those nights) Bed, Full Breakfast, Fish & Chips lunch Saturday, sit down 3 Course Evening Meal AND DRINKS INCLUSIVE ! (until midnight both nights)

I would be going for the Blackpool v Rangers match, but am long booked in Kilsyth that weekend for a Bears mate (who I met on the Wembley terrace England 1 Scotland 2 in 1977 - been pals ever since) and his wife's 60th Wedding Anniversary party.

If there is any availability for the 15-17th, the standard rooms start at £162 All Inclusive (wristband residents ONLY in the hotel) per person, based on two sharing a twin or double - very, very few single rooms available! It's £10 per person per night extra for Sea View rooms.

Highly recommended seafront location near the North Pier. Entertainment both nights with Comedian, singer and Disco, Indoor Pool & Sauna. Food is top quality nosh btw

I should be on bloody commission lol

We stayed in the mojito apartments/hostel a few weeks ago for the end of season party. Triple bunk beds in the rooms but clean enough and a good laugh. You literally get fined for anything though, the list they read out at check in is hilarious.

The Norbreck , Savoy, Metropole and Grand are all owned by Britannia Hotels and should be avoided
Plenty of decent hotels to choose from though
That'll be why they're shittips then. The OYO chain hotels generally tend to be minging as well.

Staying in The Gurkha Hotel, 5 mins from the Gallant Pioneer and close to Blackpools stadium.

£310 for 4 of us for 2 nights.

Looks fine and now showing sold out on Booking.com

The Norwood is where you want to be. Up the road from the apartments and Hotels social club.
Stayed in it for 3 nights. No telly. Door didn't lock and some can't shat himself on the stairs. 24hr bar though and the breakfast is good. Place was a riot...

As someone who also stayed there for 3 days for a football tournament I can confirm this about the hotel. Some laugh though.

Stay away from the Norbrek Castle. Remember they offered rooms to the NHS and military at the start of the pandemic and one of the replies was ‘I’d rather eat a salt and pepper bat box from the Wuhan Wok and Go than stay there’.
Stayed there about 20 yrs ago was with our son who was one at the time half the ceiling in the dining room caved in on the 2nd night after some heavy rain

Back