Blair Meikle - Scottish Sun

Start calling these bastards out one by one,start legal action against anyone who slanders us,ban them and their paper,stop taking this pish time and time again and waiting on fans groups to fight our corner,our PR approach is a joke at times.

WATP

They basically sit on Twitter looking for clickbait stories and then repeat them in their rag. It's the laziest of lazy journalism.

"See Chris Sutton deal with an Ibrox troll!" "Look at Josh Windass hilarious pisstake of his own support!" "You'll never guess what Ally McCoist said about Dave King on Talksport!"

It doesn't even stop there. Look at David's interview with Ian Ferguson last week. The Sun website got about four articles out of it just regurgitating what was said.

They should be ashamed of what they've become as an industry.
I agree with this. Whilst the internet has made it much more difficult to sell newspapers, the business model seems to be: write as much scandal as you can about Rangers.... And it clearly isn't working. No standards, professional pride or focus on publishing insightful stories. When an ex Celtic player in Si Ferry can produce work way, way ahead of anything the mainstream media can (and be praised for it on here) you would think that you would reflect on your professional output, wouldn't you? I've said this before: i don't care what team a journalist supports. I don't want them writing like a fanzine either. I want articles on tactics, interviews with coaches on latest developments, some off field stuff (nutrition, sports psychology, injury prevention etc). What about a focus on youth football and the differences between how other nations produce and develop youngsters? Nope, sit on twitter, clearly use a fake account to attack Rangers and go home - that constitutes a day in the life of a Scottish Sun employee. You'd think they'd get bored.

He's made an offensive comment about the disabled. Get him reported and he gets exposed

As soon as I seen that tweet I knew it wasn't a Rangers supporter.

It took ten seconds to check his previous and lo and behold he is mocking the deaths of 66 Rangers supporters in the Ibrox disaster, also dishing out vile abuse to two female Rangers fans who called him out over it.

Now if I can do that why cant a journalist?

They will go to any lengths to damage our club and in this case the guy involved should be taken to task, what the hell are the Rangers media team doing??

Hating Rangers is a thriving industry in Scotland and the Scottish press/media take full advantage of it,That's one of the reasons I think the club let us down,Seriously why haven't one of these individuals or organisations not ended up in court.
Not sure that the law/courts in this country have any desire to punish those who wish to damage Rangers.

Blair Thick As Mince Meikle what a useless cuhnt he is

A brain dead reporter from a brain dead paper

Who the %^*& buys that rag? They mast be brain dead too

A quick scroll down the animals time line would have told Blair Meikle it was clearly a fake account. Calling female rangers fans cum buckets, mocking the Ibrox disaster etc.
The Scottish madia have an agenda Tho so he ran with the story anyway.
Don't buy the sun bears.

I wish the club would fight shite like this. A few words saying how ridiculous it is and how this represents modern journalism at it's finest would go a long way because some of our support still actually believe what the papers say.

We don't get anything from outlets like the sun/record these days, absolutely nothing and we don't need them in any way. We should in return be treating them with the contempt they deserve.

Well done Club 1872

This is not your job

It is Rangers job

Nobody wanted Dave King to put the money up just to rerun the Murray years.

Yes, winning is pretty much all that matters. But a small percentage of Rangers focus should be on the toxic mhedia atmosphere we try to exist within.

Rangers go out their way to support children with Autism and thats the thanks you get.

Wake up and deal with these scumbags

This is where a Rangers pressure group would have a field day.... Get these cunts shamed in public.

Get their lies highlighted in the rags that compete with their papers.

Club 1872 have contacted the Sun and made a statement on this, making it clear that it is not a Rangers supporter, that the article was published with no fact checking and that the Sun should both issue and apology and a donation to the charity concerned. Well done Club 1872 I say, exactly the type of response I want to see as a member.

I'd also add that the club should follow up directly on this too....it's gutter rag reporting of the worst type that has sullied the name of Rangers supporters and the club. All for a single disgraceful tweet from someone who is clearly not a Rangers fan.

This is why we need to organise new supporters clubs all over the uk . We need an organised effort all over the UK strength in numbers . yes boycott the scum and their republican Murdoch agenda.

Their little ploys to make us look bad might actually work if they weren’t so unbelievably thick. But that’s what inbreeding will do....

How about a declaration from the club on all ST renewals/RTV contributions to the effect that they are aware of the media bias and are taking active steps to counter it.Not much to ask when you are constantly shelling out, while daily having to deal with constant abuse in the media and from workmates colleagues and casual acquaintances once they find out that you are a Rangers supporter.

Cap doffed to the guys at club 1872 ,but this is another open goal missed if the club itself don't comment in this disgraceful slur on our supporters..meikle should be reprimanded and made apologise asap .

A quick scroll down the animals time line would have told Blair Meikle it was clearly a fake account. Calling female rangers fans cum buckets, mocking the Ibrox disaster etc.
The Scottish madia have an agenda Tho so he ran with the story anyway.
Don't buy the sun bears.

And the next time they will just get smarter and create a Facebook legend that appears pro Rangers.

Hopefully Zthe club speak out, I won't hold my breath though

i hope he gets one like. Dont bother coming back you fecking idiot.

Time to ban the media.
I was about to ask if the club had been informed of this disgraceful article, but I see that the muppet has brought it to the club's attention himself.
As well as telling him to do one they should also be contacting his boss and insisting he is dealt with or all co operation with this despicable rag ceases.

I was about to ask if the club had been informed of this disgraceful article, but I see that the muppet has brought it to the club's attention himself.
As well as telling him to do one they should also be contacting his boss and insisting he is dealt with or all co operation with this despicable rag ceases.
youll find he wont have a boss and thats the media get out clause. Freelance wankers think they can wriet what they want and get away withit, ban the paper that prints his lies. simple.

youll find he wont have a boss and thats the media get out clause. Freelance wankers think they can wriet what they want and get away withit, ban the paper that prints his lies. simple.
Your probably right, banning these rhags is probably the only way to do it. The only problem is it won't stop them printing the stories.
Roll on the demise of some of these so called newspapers.

Your probably right, banning these rhags is probably the only way to do it. The only problem is it won't stop them printing the stories.
Roll on the demise of some of these so called newspapers.
dont fund bigotry and the soon will go bust, alaos make sure you hide the snp wrag when your out though how many yessers can afford 80p a pop the scottish Dandy.

The club 1872 statement is spot on. It asks the correct questions and makes reasonable demands for reparation.

Thank you to anyone involved that's reading on.

They've now added in the line "Fellow fans called him out for the comment, with some even suggesting it may be a fake account with a rival fan behind it." but kept the rest of it the same as if that is correcting the mistake. One throw away line when the headline and rest of the article is obviously a load of shit.

Wow. That actually makes things worse.

Even when given solid proof that he's made an arse of things he's doubled down on the lie by insinuating it's a matter between fans of the club. The suggestion that it's a fake couldn't be more throwaway.

I'm sorry, but Rangers not commenting on this isn't the right way to handle this.

On this one occasion, Rangers comment should be that the story is incorrect, that they have reported the matter to the police and asked them to trace the person responsible for making the vile statement online.

I'm sorry, but Rangers not commenting on this isn't the right way to handle this.

On this one occasion, Rangers comment should be that the story is incorrect, that they have reported the matter to the police and asked them to trace the person responsible for making the vile statement online.

What's incorrect?

Spiers out from under his rock.....

"Some Rangers supporters remain angry at their public reputation. Their problem is, decades of bigoted chanting and behaviour are not easily washed away. And most certainly not when these sings continue to be heard"

The (unt sat in the Holyrood debate on OBAFA, advocated 'thought crime' to be illegal and is still in employment. .. The mind boggles .

So said so called journalist makes up twitter account, says shocking things then pins blame on Rangers LOL, you couldn’t make that up but, here in Acotland that is how they make their money. Inbred arseholes who are now trying to make up fabricated news to keep their jobs!

Spiers out from under his rock.....

"Some Rangers supporters remain angry at their public reputation. Their problem is, decades of bigoted chanting and behaviour are not easily washed away. And most certainly not when these sings continue to be heard"

The (unt sat in the Holyrood debate on OBAFA, advocated 'thought crime' to be illegal and is still in employment. .. The mind boggles .

I've seen Spiers take this approach before. Ignore the matter in hand (which again is invented sectarianism), the important thing is to keep linking sectarianism and Rangers. Sectarianism and Rangers. Sectarianism and Rangers. Sectarianism and Rangers.

We ridicule him but this approach causes damage and that trickles down. I was debating with someone about the lie that rightfully got Spiers the sack from the Herald where he claimed one of our directors was singing the billy boys, but the thing I kept hearing back was "yeah but rangers ARE sectarian". It didn't matter that the paper apologised for it's actions and admitted it was inaccurate, that somehow wasn't deemed relevant to the argument. It seems that facts are only important as long as they can be used to frame us, otherwise regardless of any facts, we're still to blame.

Back