Blast from the past - Haris Vučkić

The best of an otherwise dreadful lot. Had loads of skill and actually looked like he enjoyed being here, but ultimately too slow to make it at the highest level.

I saw that video yesterday and genuinely went 'Who... ?'.

I'm glad I don't remember many of these players.

From getting horsed by some American pub team in an amusement park to McCall chucking Mohsni under the bus at Fir Park, it was 10 months of utter embarrassment from all involved.
I could cry thinking of those times

There’s a youtube video of him talking at length about recovering from a nasty injury at Twente (broken leg?).
Hope he’s doing well.
Edit:

It sums up how shite that team was when you consider a half-fit Haris Vuckic, coming back from a serious injury no less, was our best player by miles. He was good up until just before the play-offs when his body inevitably packed it in.

He had the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea looking at him as a youngster before obliterating his knee. He was never the same after that and tbf to him still carved out a half-decent career in the end. Never a Rangers player though.

He always looked half decent. Not an ounce of pace about him if I remember right. Looks like he's holding his own in a better league than ours.

He had ability, but like the vast majority of our loan signings, ever, struggled to maintain consistency throughout his spell with us.

Back