Blog on what to expect from Itten

Great read, very excited too see this boy in action. Interesting that he's so good in the air - hopefully Borna, Tav and Kent can put in plenty crosses for him to get on the end of.

He should score a barrel load with Barisic and to a lesser extent, Tav pinging crosses into the box.

Sounds promising. My only worry is it’s a very different game playing against 11 men behind the ball from what he’ll have experienced in the Swiss league. Hard to find the space he relies on.

I’ve been saying for a while we need someone good in the air that can make the most of the quality deliveries that Borna and Tav provide but it sounds like he also has a lot more to his game.

This season we are seeing the finishing touches put on a 3 year plan where we have a very clear system and have purposely brought in players that will thrive in that system
We also need shots from outside the box and both our new strikers can do that.

Interesting thing for me is that both Itten and Roofe seem to have been playing in a front 2...

Sounds promising. My only worry is it’s a very different game playing against 11 men behind the ball from what he’ll have experienced in the Swiss league. Hard to find the space he relies on.
Agreed, but we can also combat that if we have a big target man that can score with headers. Itten looks to be that type, so instead of trying to overplay on the fringes of the box and pass it into the net. We now have another option, which would be to cross it, hoping that Itten gets on the end of it.

Really excited to see him play. After reading that and watching the dreaded YouTube videos think he'll be an excellent signing

I will look to seeing him, play for the famous, I still think we will sign more players in this window, when does this window close, I thought Oct. sometime?

A good read that looking forward to seeing him pull on the blue of Rangers.

I'm liking from that that he seems to be a different type player from Roofe which gives us different options which can only be positive as at times we seem to lack ideas of how to break down teams if something isn't working. Hopefully, give us the chance to really changes things from the bench whoever starts which I don't feel we can do at the moment.

It's a different ball game for any player coming in in that basis tbf

If he's good in the air then we won't be wasting good crosses like we have been with smaller strikers.

W.A.T.P.

Barisic & Tav will have a couple of good targets to hit, I can only go by You Tube stuff which can make anybody look like CR7, but to be fair the lad seems to be progressing towards being a very good Centre Forward.

23 and scored a lot of goals in the Swiss top flight and 2 goals for Switzerland

Great in the air and 6ft 2

Can't wait to see him play

Just watched all of his goals from last season mate.

Yes, some really good headers, but a good few goals with his feet which were quality too, always low.

Back