Board Opinion - Have we allowed the status quo to continue?

Of course we have. There is an apathy within the Club that needs to change before fans get tired of it all.
The same apathy exists in fighting the SNP in this country.

This is now like the political elections / referendums over the past few years, we are all scunnered.
Politics, covid19 and SPFL , feed up with the lot.

After what the board have done recently - I have faith in them. They will bide their time and react accordingly. I can’t believe that they have given
Up...too much has been said.

The club had the opportunity to take action when our resolution was not given credence to ensure the call to end the season went ahead. The club has failed to challenge “honest mistakes” by officials, constant compliance officer punishments, players being assaulted on the pitch, racial abuse of our players, players being refereed to a stricter standard, and newspapers fabricating stories to portray the club negatively. The board finally looked as though they were not prepared to fight the corruption, but sadly it looks like a ploy to sell season tickets. We are still being punished following the unfair events of 2012, and it looks like the future will not change.

I said weeks ago on an offline discussion with a couple of well attuned Bears that there was a real danger of this backfiring on the club as certain perceptions were being developed as this unfolded.

I'm personally not sure what more exactly the club could have done but the perception was that we were going to follow this through and it has helped cement the notion we are fighting more than a football battle at the moment or to put it another way as many post "we won't be allowed" to win the title.
That's dangerous for the club because there is a chance people simply won't invest in the club. It's also seriously unhealthy in terms of pressure on the footballing side of things. In the 90's Celtic imploded and their support blamed everyone. It certainly put extra pressure on managers and players. We are there now... 100%.

In my opinion only better football is getting us out of this but the whole picture is completely skewed due to the virus situation I'm not even sure what the Sky means for us personally.

Pap our notice in and tank their sky deal %^*& them the country is fucked never mind the 19th Century Terrorist shitshow of a football league.

Are you suggesting that Rangers stop being part of a league in order to destroy that league.

How would that work out for Rangers.

I would be amazed if the board took this any further. Time and time again they have done nothing to protect the club, the players or the fans. Time and time again we have come under attack and every time, bar one time, they have failed to do anything. The one time we saw any kind of reaction was when one of their own was singled out - Jim Traynor. then we saw what they were capable of, and lo and behold they actually made some progress. This just makes it all the more sickening when you see them sitting on their hands yet again.

They have finally lost my goodwill for saving us from the spivs. What they did (and continue to do) financially is hugely welcome and deserving of praise, but this should not absolve them from blame when they get so many other things so badly wrong.

By caving on on the issue of SPFL governance and systematic corruption and bullying they have now ensured that we cannot/will not win the league next season. The SPFL cabal simply won't allow it and since they have won this battle they will feel even more empowered to act more corruptly and brazenly to ensure their dream of seeing the filth win their tainted "Ten in a Row which isn't" will come true. We will be the victims of even more corrupt officiating and, when that isn't enough, the Compliance Officer will be brought into play and if that isn't enough, watch for the invention of offensive banners and songs to ensure we are penalised just enough points to hand over the title to the scum.

Thanks to this dereliction of duty by the board, we are condemned to watching 38 league friendlies next season, knowing all the time that the title will have been won off the field before a ball is kicked. Saved from the spivs for this? What was the point? I want to watch competitive sport, not this gerrymandered confection.

Good post, although the Board still have a lot of goodwill from myself.
I just wonder if (probably Park aside) they've got the baws for what needs to be done.
They need to firstly realise that we're in a fecking war, sloshing about in the cesspit of the SPFL.

Your sentence "Thanks to this dereliction of duty by the board, we are condemned to watching 38 league friendlies next season, knowing all the time that the title will have been won off the field before a ball is kicked " is very very appropriate.
I must say, that's close to how I view next season too -- with a sinking feeling in my gut that because we won't fight back, we're doomed to never being allowed to win any domestic trophy for decades.

Are you suggesting that Rangers stop being part of a league in order to destroy that league.

The paradox seems to be on here many think the whole thing is bent therefore you need to ask why would you pay money to join a poker game you had no chance of winning because you were playing straight and the others weren't.

Have a feeling the update from Mr Robertson may be more than just a briefing on virtual seadon tickets. Would have been out by now I feel. I live in hope

Weve shat it once again and been put firmly in our place. Scottish football is done for that statement today about the TV deal was a slap In the face to us and their puppets are laughing at us. Theres no chance we stop 10 next year wont be allowed to happen.

Hope they’re keeping their powder dry until situation with Hearts is sorted. Budge still threatening court action if they are relegated.

Good post, although the Board still have a lot of goodwill from myself.
I just wonder if (probably Park aside) they've got the baws for what needs to be done.
They need to firstly realise that we're in a fecking war, sloshing about in the cesspit of the SPFL.

Your sentence "Thanks to this dereliction of duty by the board, we are condemned to watching 38 league friendlies next season, knowing all the time that the title will have been won off the field before a ball is kicked " is very very appropriate.
I must say, that's close to how I view next season too -- with a sinking feeling in my gut that because we won't fight back, we're doomed to never being allowed to win any domestic trophy for decades.

I'd put that down as total paranoid shite because I think it needs said.

We are more than capable of winning the title if we get the right team on the park-whether we can manage that is another question altogether.

The paradox seems to be on here many think the whole thing is bent therefore you need to ask why would you pay money to join a poker game you had no chance of winning because you were playing straight and the others weren't.

Is the answer to that just giving up playing poker though.

If Rangers leave the SPFL, what happens next to the club.

The silence from the board is deafening, that and the fact even the Bears ITK, are not getting briefed. Points to a retreat to dignified silence. Hope I'm wrong and will appolgise if the board go legal.

Well at least we wouldn't be lining 19th Century Terrorist bootlickers pockets whilst watching bent refs and officials and a governing body do everything in their power to give them another title.

Absolutely shocked that a board who aligned themselves with Ann Budge and Scott Gardiner have fucked this up.

I don't think we have any option but to take this shower to task and I don't know how we get rid,but this can't continue the way it is. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes,but I find it hard to believe we'll be sitting on this.

Worst case scenario - yep.

Best case scenario - no, we'll release a few more 'boom, headshot, doesn't miss, over to you Dungcaster/Liewell, good statement' statements, then be made to roll over, have our tummy tickled and told to get back in our box.

Or vice versa.

Not easy to remove three executives who are backed by 27 morally bankrupt member's clubs. A lot depends on reconstruction and if Hearts go down the legal route which looks unlikely now they are courting championship clubs to play with the philanthropist's financial help. It's not been all in vain there are 13 clubs, not all allies, who know the spfl corporate governance and the first resolution vote were an absolute farce. The greatest victory of all is to beat these bastards on the park.

I'd put that down as total paranoid shite because I think it needs said.

We are more than capable of winning the title if we get the right team on the park-whether we can manage that is another question altogether.
You are deluded.

Look what happened in Gerrard’s first match in charge - Morelos sent off for literally nothing, thus making sure we didn’t get off to a flying start. There have been many,many other similar incidents involving Morelos (who doesn’t help himself but is still clearly referred to a different standard than anyone else) and others, plus the Compliance Officer making sure every single incident involving our players results in a suspension yet similar incidents involving theirs is ignored, not to mention the refereeing which is so bad it can’t possibly just be incompetence. This has been going on for years and yet, here you are denying there is any kind of a problem and spouting the Uber-staunch “we just need to get it right on the park”, head- in-the-sand shite which is playing into the hands of our numerous enemies. Your refusal to accept this in the face of irrefutable evidence makes you part of the problem

Let me spell it out for you - we will not have a team good enough to run away with the league. At best, we could (with a level playing field) be neck and neck with them. In which case, a couple of suspensions or injuries caused by opponents who get to kick our players off the park would make all the difference between winning and losing. Based on the last 2 seasons, that’s exactly what will happen next year and more fool you for being unable to see it.

I am sitting here sick whilst watching from afar all the final jigsaw pieces being put into place.

Recently we have seen statements like Budge the saviour and it will follow with the same regards Doncaster.

We have stood back and allowed all this to blossom when we had legal advice that we had a good case against the removal of Doncaster. We ignored this legal opinion despite presenting a dossier for all to see.

IMO we have shown great weakness. And a week animal gets picked on. We have become a laughing stock, a massive club with massive influence in the game that has a yellow belly.

Our club board have allowed status quo to continue. Season books are now sold and it looks very likely the PR exercise was nothing more than to humour the fans. Money talks.

There is no integrity left in Scottish football. And if anything maybe our board has learned a valuable lesson. Stop releasing statements. It has made a fool out of us. And when things go wrong next year with an integrity aspect of the game, just take it right up the rear. As after all if the past few months were not worth some action then please dont embarrass us with more hollow words.

The status quo will continue, but hey we always knew that. Just some are easily fooled inc myself.

Look at the action the board took after that cup final riot where we had players and staff assaulted

fucking pathetic is how i would some it up

After the threat by the SFA to rescind Hearts' license if they took the SPFL to court, my worry is that Rangers have been silenced by the same threat. If this were the case, I would love the club to call their bluff, as I'm sure Sky would not be happy if they were getting no more Old Firm games, and it could be the opening for us to move to the English leagues.
I doubt moving to English leagues would happen even without pandemic but with it there would be no great push for it from down south. I would agree with you about the threat against us taking court action. this would be doubled up by threat of being booted out of European football by UEFA. IMHO the board knew this and just wanted to flush out if others were not happy and would publicly show it. Which they have done.

We knew the vote would fail and said numerous times that if it does fail we’ll look at a number of options available to us.

I’ll be very surprised if we've then decided to look at no options after the vote failed.

I am sitting here sick whilst watching from afar all the final jigsaw pieces being put into place.

Recently we have seen statements like Budge the saviour and it will follow with the same regards Doncaster.

We have stood back and allowed all this to blossom when we had legal advice that we had a good case against the removal of Doncaster. We ignored this legal opinion despite presenting a dossier for all to see.

IMO we have shown great weakness. And a week animal gets picked on. We have become a laughing stock, a massive club with massive influence in the game that has a yellow belly.

Our club board have allowed status quo to continue. Season books are now sold and it looks very likely the PR exercise was nothing more than to humour the fans. Money talks.

There is no integrity left in Scottish football. And if anything maybe our board has learned a valuable lesson. Stop releasing statements. It has made a fool out of us. And when things go wrong next year with an integrity aspect of the game, just take it right up the rear. As after all if the past few months were not worth some action then please dont embarrass us with more hollow words.

The status quo will continue, but hey we always knew that. Just some are easily fooled inc myself.
Hard to disagree with the way you have summed that up HB. The game is well & truly fucked in Scotland, it won't matter how good a team we can put on the park next season "dark forces" will ensure we are unable to win the title. If we are still close to the rancid mob look out for points deductions for "inappropriate" songs.

Aye, we are out.

The board must do much better at managing expections, no point in whipping people up into a frenzy to do nothing, hope for a ace up the sleeve but it certainly looks like we are done.

You are deluded.

Look what happened in Gerrard’s first match in charge - Morelos sent off for literally nothing, thus making sure we didn’t get off to a flying start. There have been many,many other similar incidents involving Morelos (who doesn’t help himself but is still clearly referred to a different standard than anyone else) and others, plus the Compliance Officer making sure every single incident involving our players results in a suspension yet similar incidents involving theirs is ignored, not to mention the refereeing which is so bad it can’t possibly just be incompetence. This has been going on for years and yet, here you are denying there is any kind of a problem and spouting the Uber-staunch “we just need to get it right on the park”, head- in-the-sand shite which is playing into the hands of our numerous enemies. Your refusal to accept this in the face of irrefutable evidence makes you part of the problem

Let me spell it out for you - we will not have a team good enough to run away with the league. At best, we could (with a level playing field) be neck and neck with them. In which case, a couple of suspensions or injuries caused by opponents who get to kick our players off the park would make all the difference between winning and losing. Based on the last 2 seasons, that’s exactly what will happen next year and more fool you for being unable to see it.

More fool you for paying to watch it.

To be frank we sound like the Tims in the 90's it needs said. Why would you pay for games we can't win and how did we manage to beat the Tims twice under SG?

I'd say that the Stewart Robertson interview has answered the OP.

We are now "looking forward".

And working on the SPFL sub committees -surely the Board aren't working with the organisation who are going to cheat us going forward?

Oh wait they are.

The dossier simply wasn't the smoking gun that some made it out to be - so it's overall impact was less that fatal. That meant no Executive resignations and a lack of overall support for the Rangers proposals.

Compound that with the sustained campaign of skullduggery to end the season prematurely and the whole thing became a dead duck. The moment they got Rangers FC to agree 'unanimously' to the termination of the season, it was all over.

It will now be allowed to quietly slip quietly into history with not even a whimper.

Well at least we wouldn't be lining 19th Century Terrorist bootlickers pockets whilst watching bent refs and officials and a governing body do everything in their power to give them another title.

You haven't answered the question though, what would happen to the club if it didn't have a league to play in.

After just reading the “Supporter Update” email that has just came out then it sounds like we have rolled over yet again as there is absolutely no mention of it within the update.

I can’t express how dissapointed I am with this as we have accepted being shafted now and in the future...we have 0 chance of changing things now and all we can do is sit back and watch they kunts clock up 10+ in a row as the SPFL and SFA will make sure of it. Now disgusted by our approach on this.

We tried our best to get the games played, it didn’t happen. Now we look forward.
Looks like we’re done

The timing of the Resolution 12 announcement had me wondering if a deal was made where we agreed not to pursue the SPFL Exec in exchange for them dropping the case.

Back