Board Opinion - Have we allowed the status quo to continue?

I think we've done a good job of making it clear we're up for the battle with the Spfl and will take action where necessary. Remember we have to work within the existing rules and we were out voted, albeit narrowly.

We're providing an alternative for league clubs to the current cabal, and I suspect that we've not finished this current argument yet. Hearts need to finish their process first.

If this has proved anything it's that we need consensus, and for that we need other clubs as allies. I know many on here are happy to go it alone, but it's not possible to do that and win against the current power brokers, as we've seen.

It will be very disappointing if nothing happens re the dossier. I have no doubt in the honesty of the board in the last few weeks, but firm action is needed. If not we will get trampled by foul means at every turn.
you need clubs with you , we can't fight a lone battle , and what last 8 years have proven, we are on our own, only way we can beat these bstds is on the park , like we did with Clancy on 29-12-2019, he tried his best to fuk us,,,,but we were so fired up, he could not.....

Look at the action the board took after that cup final riot where we had players and staff assaulted

fucking pathetic is how i would some it up
what do you want a club to do, when they are in transition, being fkd , knowing the whole country under Liewell and Dongaster , SFA--Scottia Media --have spent last 6 years hating this club, trying to kill our club--the top man in SFA applauding his club , as his fan's attacked the ones still in stadium, walking out disappointed , and next day their paid poodles--blame us , what I am missing....

Mate, it's the web of lies that deal has been built on that has pissed a lot of people off.

We were told the season had to be called early to allow prize money to be released, that there was no other way clubs could access money and that they would go to the wall otherwise as there was no other vehicle. An absolute fucking lie.

We were told that null and void couldn't happen as we would have to pay money back to the TV companies otherwise. Well, guess what, turns out that we owe them anyway. Another fucking lie.

Now we're in a position where Doncaster has further reduced the value of the TV packages by allowing Sky to offset what they're owed against the 5 year deal. Oh and by the way they called the season early and handed the championship to the scum. Oh and by the way, this is a great opportunity for everyone to tune in and watch the scum go for 10IAR according to the press release.

That's where my anger is coming from. This could have played out entirely differently. The season could still have been ended early if needed. But it could have been done in a more measured way to protect clubs and without the shameless handing out of gongs on the back of thousands of deaths.

We are being mugged off and this status quo we referred to is very much still in place.

Dougie Park had better be up for a fight. We are not glory hunters, but the backing we've given the club over the worst decade in our history will continue to reap no tangible rewards for the team whilst we allow the scum to pull the strings unchallenged off the pitch.

Personally, I think we're done in Scotland. I can't see how we turn it around up here without a significant change in our stance, backed up by both barrels in the courtroom where necessary. However, I would now rather see us work out how the %^*& to get out of this league set up, permanently.

This VST deal might well provide an option for us to watch home games. Everything around it fucking stinks though.
This. Exactly this.

I can't see us doing anything until the reconstruction issue is sorted. Once that is sorted we will see where Hearts ,Partick and Stranraer are with it. Ideally if we were all taking the SPFL to court it would help our case. I hope we go to court and will be very disappointed if we don't.

I'd put that down as total paranoid shite because I think it needs said.

We are more than capable of winning the title if we get the right team on the park-whether we can manage that is another question altogether.

You know what, you're right.
You can put that down as total paranoid bullshit.

But it was being said before the start of the 2019/20 season, and although we witnessed the ar*e falling out of the Rangers team after December, there have been plenty of times over the incomplete season on-pitch where we've seen us done out of points and goals that we would have gained under a more even officiating system.

In fact it was said before the start of the 2018/19 season too.

Of course, it could be the usual parochial, narrow viewpoint -- "everybody's against us".

But when you look at the evidence of what points we've lost, goals we've had struck off, players carded and even sent off for incidents that our opposition get away with ...
Then add it onto the clearly corrupt end to the season and the handing over of the title (with monies).

You tend to get a picture that maybe, just maybe, that paranoid bullshit might just have a ring of truth to it.

Im not ready to get the pitchforks and torches out yet against the board. Im hoping that in the background they are working away and when all this reconstruction talks are dead or they force it through somehow that’s when we strike to remove the 3 stooges ! If we don’t hear by the time all this is over and sorted and it looks like we are going in to next season with the status quo remain then I will get annoyed but not yet

It’s incredibly complex, now I suspect the opportunity has passed. Immediately after the vote we either went to court or we didn’t. We chose not to. In that respect it’s over.

The club garnered significant support and evidence that would have made others resign in shame. Essentially the majority of Scottish football is corrupt. When you have a compliant mhedia agenda driven supported by the national broadcaster With the political dominance of the snp. There is nothing we can do.

The only way to hit them is to win and have a long term strategy.

The political damage was done years ago under Murray and Bain. It may taken a decade to balance it.

I really do hope that we are waiting to see what Hearts do, and also to see what happens in Belgium and France. If Hearts reconstruction fails, then they might still go legal, if they find the plums to do so. Also, if the courts rule in favour of the clubs who are unhappy in France and Belgium, then you would also think this strengthens any case we or anyone else would have.

i would be very disappointed in the board if they dropped it, the only thing that would possibly make fans accept it grudgingly is if it would affect playing in a Europe, ie if Uefa decide to stop teams from playing with an open court case. Sure I read somewhere that playing in Europe could possibly be affected?

It is obviously very important for the club, management, fans and players that we are competing in Europe, not to mention the financial benefits. Even then, it would be a tough decision to make in sacrificing Europe to take the SPFL Exec to court. Personally, I myself would probably sacrifice Europe to take on the SPFL Exec and also concentrate on the league this year. It would also scupper the Tims chance to make £20m+ from the CL, which would be a little bonus, and would perhaps give us a fairer crack of the whip going forward in years to come.

Patience.

I can understand the frustration, but we're not going to announce any further action with the reconstruction chat ongoing.

Reading and listening to people who are speaking with the Club, there appears to be a consensus the Club are considering their options. I'm very confident the board will take action.
SR just said it's done and we have to concentrate on next season. It's too late now it should've been done as soon as the Dundee vote past. Instead we spoke big and done nothing except try to win friends amongst the treacherous rats that occupy Scottish football. It's a disgrace and to see so many fans fall into line is shocking.

Where the %^*& is the fight in this club? Bunch of middle class nice guys afraid to say boo in case the scum media say some bad words about them in the scum rags.

We should of called it for what it was and went to court and proved it and went to war with the whole corrupt cesspit that is Scottish football.

No fight in the pitch no fight off it. Weak and ballless and embarrassing but we've got a museum coming so it's all good. Nothing to see here let's just forget about it. And whatever we do don't say anything otherwise we've sound like Celtic fans apparently. Absolute joke.

I said weeks ago on an offline discussion with a couple of well attuned Bears that there was a real danger of this backfiring on the club as certain perceptions were being developed as this unfolded.

I'm personally not sure what more exactly the club could have done but the perception was that we were going to follow this through and it has helped cement the notion we are fighting more than a football battle at the moment or to put it another way as many post "we won't be allowed" to win the title.
That's dangerous for the club because there is a chance people simply won't invest in the club. It's also seriously unhealthy in terms of pressure on the footballing side of things. In the 90's Celtic imploded and their support blamed everyone. It certainly put extra pressure on managers and players. We are there now... 100%.

In my opinion only better football is getting us out of this but the whole picture is completely skewed due to the virus situation I'm not even sure what the Sky means for us personally.

Have you not worked out that the refs are bent yet dylan ? or are you just going to continue with your "ive never been wrang about nothing me" routine.

I genuinely think the club see this as a long political game ... we now have 13 clubs who see a problem with the spfl hierarchy ... bit by bit this will increase as more and more of them get used and shafted ... I reckon that’s how the club are playing it.

we as fans want it done now because we know that it’s only crisis points that create the opportunity for regime overhaul (like the tims did with the referees strike)... we are seeing a crisis point evaporate in front of our eyes ... and it’s very frustrating !!!

I posted similar to this in the other thread but it seems more appropriate in here.
The club have now seemingly rolled over and accepted the absolute incompetence and corruption happening within the spfl.
The club made a massive song and dance about it all, statements every other day, dossiers etc.
Lines about the status quo cannot continue and the club will not be found wanting.
Well guess what....
It seems we have been found wanting, if that's the club rolling over and accepting it.
we are a laughing stock amongst at least 10 other spfl clubs after all the bluster with no action looking at all likely.
Even today we have been trolled by lawell thanking Doncaster and sky for basically assisting the carve up.
If that REALLY is the end of it and we are now 'looking ahead to getting football back'
Think about it.
we've had to put up with blatant cheating costing us points all season long, we watched them be awarded the league cup via a BLATANT offside goal then to top it all off we witnessed a blatant carve up to ensure they got that title handed to them again.
Hearts will be bought off with entry into a 14 team league to stop them taking any legal recourse as well.
So the reality for me is if we have accepted it as a club is there even much point in next season at all ?
Let's be honest about it, it'll be the same shit every week from the cabal at the top table to ensure the scum's 10 in a row happens.
The 'competition' will continue to not be allowed to be a competition, merely everyone else is a pawn to make the scum ' history makers' (a line from taken from today's nauseating sky/virtual ticket announcement).

I genuinely think the club see this as a long political game ... we now have 13 clubs who see a problem with the spfl hierarchy ... bit by bit this will increase as more and more of them get used and shafted ... I reckon that’s how the club are playing it.

we as fans want it done now because we know that it’s only crisis points that create the opportunity for regime overhaul (like the tims did with the referees strike)... we are seeing a crisis point evaporate in front of our eyes ... and it’s very frustrating !!!
This is exactly how I think the club now see it. They’ve created an environment where the SPFL et al now know they are being closely watched by us and a number of other clubs. If anything else arises that is less than “fair” then that is the moment we will strike again. In the meantime we as fans just need to be patient.

Weve shat it once again and been put firmly in our place. Scottish football is done for that statement today about the TV deal was a slap In the face to us and their puppets are laughing at us. Theres no chance we stop 10 next year wont be allowed to happen.
They cant win 10ia
I think we've done a good job of making it clear we're up for the battle with the Spfl and will take action where necessary. Remember we have to work within the existing rules and we were out voted, albeit narrowly.

We're providing an alternative for league clubs to the current cabal, and I suspect that we've not finished this current argument yet. Hearts need to finish their process first.

If this has proved anything it's that we need consensus, and for that we need other clubs as allies. I know many on here are happy to go it alone, but it's not possible to do that and win against the current power brokers, as we've seen.
If anything the last 10 weeks has taught us with all the corruption that ensued its abundantly clear we are on our own in everything we do.
When we needed a helping hand there was none.
At the end of the day 10iar is fantasy because they failed to achieve 9air legitimately.

We knew the vote would fail and said numerous times that if it does fail we’ll look at a number of options available to us.

I’ll be very surprised if we've then decided to look at no options after the vote failed.
Stuart Robinson has said now we look forward to me and this is my own opinion the game is finished there is no more looking at a number of options . Well unless waving the white flag is one of them.

I think things are actually getting worse for us. Seems like no other clubs are interested in our opinion,no matter how relevant it may be and some even ignore us. More power has been obtained by the lowlife with every motion they push being accepted by their placemen and other clubs in their grip.
We have lost ground season by season for a long time and if our board don't get a grip it'll only be bad news for us every time a decision gets made by the scum in charge of scotshit football. Sad but true.

This is exactly how I think the club now see it. They’ve created an environment where the SPFL et al now know they are being closely watched by us and a number of other clubs. If anything else arises that is less than “fair” then that is the moment we will strike again. In the meantime we as fans just need to be patient.
Sorry mate but have to disagree with you there. The spfl have enough weak willed out right corrupt clubs in their pocket. So they don,t have to worry about anything.. they have enough support to do what they want .

I think things are actually getting worse for us. Seems like no other clubs are interested in our opinion,no matter how relevant it may be and some even ignore us. More power has been obtained by the lowlife with every motion they push being accepted by their placemen and other clubs in their grip.
We have lost ground season by season for a long time and if our board don't get a grip it'll only be bad news for us every time a decision gets made by the scum in charge of scotshit football. Sad but true.
What you have posted is the truth made. Scottish football is now run for the benefit of one club and one club only. The fact that most Scottish football clubs are happy with this yells you all you need to know.

There's no way that the board is just going to let the status quo remain.
Powder will be getting kept dry until the Hearts saga and farce is complete, and then I fully expect us to come out with guns blazing, starting with a legal filing against the SPFL / SFA.
Pretty clear to me that the board is not going to roll over for this shower of shite any longer.
Have a bit of faith bears. We'll be smashing them on the park and in the corridors of power before too long.

I have to agree with you OP ... IF indeed the club do nothing.

As you point out though, time is getting on, and it seems the status quo is holding quite well despite our statement to the contrary.

I can’t understand why we didn’t go straight to the ECAS the day after the vote. We dont even seem to have considered this option despite the potential benefit of £10 million plus had null and void been implemented.

However, I’m not sure cutting the head from the snake will kill it. Scottish football is rotten to the core and this particular constrictor seems set to squeeze the life from us no matter what.

I can’t help wonder if this coronavirus situation is our cue to revive the idea of an Atlantic or Nordic League. The later in particular would seem to offer the best chance of success. Teaming up with clubs from Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Holland would offer a far better chance for us to grow than the stagnant pond of republican Scotland. Details clearly would need developed, but a 20 team league, with the same UEFA representation as the big five could be a starting point. It would mark a fresh start for our club as we move past the 150th year of our existence and offer a new future free from the petty hatred, jealousy, and sheer vindictiveness we experience on a daily basis.

has anyone put 2+2 together yet on Doncaster asking for a 14 team premiership for the next 5 years.

5 years
that just happens to tally in with the sky deal? We have seen how this corrupt cabal work. Make no mistake the small clubs have been brought onside financially with Hearts bribe on funds. And now Doncaster will be phoning all premier clubs with threats that the compensation agreement will hinge on the 5 year deal on a 14 league setup.

That my friends is the final jigsaw piece.

I have to agree with you OP ... IF indeed the club do nothing.

As you point out though, time is getting on, and it seems the status quo is holding quite well despite our statement to the contrary.

I can’t understand why we didn’t go straight to the ECAS the day after the vote. We dont even seem to have considered this option despite the potential benefit of £10 million plus had null and void been implemented.

However, I’m not sure cutting the head from the snake will kill it. Scottish football is rotten to the core and this particular constrictor seems set to squeeze the life from us no matter what.

I can’t help wonder if this coronavirus situation is our cue to revive the idea of an Atlantic or Nordic League. The later in particular would seem to offer the best chance of success. Teaming up with clubs from Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Holland would offer a far better chance for us to grow than the stagnant pond of republican Scotland. Details clearly would need developed, but a 20 team league, with the same UEFA representation as the big five could be a starting point. It would mark a fresh start for our club as we move past the 150th year of our existence and offer a new future free from the petty hatred, jealousy, and sheer vindictiveness we experience on a daily basis.

You make some excellent points only part i would disagree with is the atlantic league carry on it would offer the opposite of scottish football, no passion or rivalry whatsoever it could do as much damage as the cabel, but ofcourse we either need to deal with corruption or get out.

Our board should be doing everything possible to get into the english set up, league 1 or league 2 would benefit from having a club our size and yeah its unfair for others but shit happens.

I feel like we have the same thread appear every day here, our support don't do well with being patient.
Patient, they don't know the meaning of patient, as soon as Rangers make a statement, they are expected to act on it an hour later if not sooner,Rangers are just not quick enough for some people.

Of course we have, time and time again we have a board who say a lot but actually do nothing. No coincidence the talking was fine during season ticket renewal time. We have a board who will do absolutely nothing about that lot gettin awarded a tainted title and it’s disgusting. They only want our backing and do things when our money is required, I thought Mr Park works be different but we’re let down yet again time after time.

After the threat by the SFA to rescind Hearts' license if they took the SPFL to court, my worry is that Rangers have been silenced by the same threat. If this were the case, I would love the club to call their bluff, as I'm sure Sky would not be happy if they were getting no more Old Firm games, and it could be the opening for us to move to the English leagues.
Call their bluff with the Putrid-3 who would love to see us crippled and their team to saunter through many more league titles with no opposition to them.
I hope the board can come up with something good as I'm sure they have missed the boat.:(

Past experience says all we ever do is talk. Name me one occasion we backed up our statements in recent years starting with the Hivs fans attaching our players?

I'm not saying past experience means we've gave up here, but that's just a hope really rather than an expectation.

What you have posted is the truth made. Scottish football is now run for the benefit of one club and one club only. The fact that most Scottish football clubs are happy with this yells you all you need to know.
Most Scottish clubs are entirely content to take our cash, raise their games against us and kick us off the park at their shyte grounds a couple of times a season. That’s the level of their (and their fans’) ambitions. And Lawwell, Doncaster and their multiple henchmen know it very well, and rely on it for maintaining the status quo.

I am sitting here sick whilst watching from afar all the final jigsaw pieces being put into place.

Recently we have seen statements like Budge the saviour and it will follow with the same regards Doncaster.

We have stood back and allowed all this to blossom when we had legal advice that we had a good case against the removal of Doncaster. We ignored this legal opinion despite presenting a dossier for all to see.

IMO we have shown great weakness. And a week animal gets picked on. We have become a laughing stock, a massive club with massive influence in the game that has a yellow belly.

Our club board have allowed status quo to continue. Season books are now sold and it looks very likely the PR exercise was nothing more than to humour the fans. Money talks.

There is no integrity left in Scottish football. And if anything maybe our board has learned a valuable lesson. Stop releasing statements. It has made a fool out of us. And when things go wrong next year with an integrity aspect of the game, just take it right up the rear. As after all if the past few months were not worth some action then please dont embarrass us with more hollow words.

The status quo will continue, but hey we always knew that. Just some are easily fooled inc myself.
Patience young one patience

has anyone put 2+2 together yet on Doncaster asking for a 14 team premiership for the next 5 years.

5 years
that just happens to tally in with the sky deal? We have seen how this corrupt cabal work. Make no mistake the small clubs have been brought onside financially with Hearts bribe on funds. And now Doncaster will be phoning all premier clubs with threats that the compensation agreement will hinge on the 5 year deal on a 14 league setup.

That my friends is the final jigsaw piece.
Was thinking along the same lines when i seen the bit about 5 years, they are not even pretending to hide the corruption now it's all out in the open they know there is very little chance of us doing anything else, we had the dossier but did not get the support we required from other clubs. I hope i am wrong but watching SR last night it would seem we have accepted it and are moving on to prepare for the new season.

How many years did it take to get to where Scottish football currently is? Worth remembering that this didn't just become the status quo over night. It took years from the late 90s onwards. We aren't going to unravel it all in the space of a few months. It's clearly not as straightforward nor as simple as taking legal action. Anyone who thought it was going to be straightforward, severely underestimated how deep the corruption lies. The fact that so many clubs are complicit and aware of it, yet don't care about it. Tells it's own story.

Have you not worked out that the refs are bent yet dylan ? or are you just going to continue with your "ive never been wrang about nothing me" routine.
People like that who actually think we’re as paranoid as a bunch of moon howlers who still think they don’t get decisions despite being allowed to win most of the silverware going with this season the icing on the cake with the
League cup and being hand a title they actually never won on the park.
I don’t think he and others who spout that shyte actually know what the true definition of paranoid is.

Strike again? When was the first strike?

It's all ended as most predicted. Damp squib. The status quo is firmly in place. I'm prepared for a season of referees, compliance officers and biased sky coverage as the talk of The Pit.

I posted similar to this in the other thread but it seems more appropriate in here.
The club have now seemingly rolled over and accepted the absolute incompetence and corruption happening within the spfl.
The club made a massive song and dance about it all, statements every other day, dossiers etc.
Lines about the status quo cannot continue and the club will not be found wanting.
Well guess what....
It seems we have been found wanting, if that's the club rolling over and accepting it.
we are a laughing stock amongst at least 10 other spfl clubs after all the bluster with no action looking at all likely.
Even today we have been trolled by lawell thanking Doncaster and sky for basically assisting the carve up.
If that REALLY is the end of it and we are now 'looking ahead to getting football back'
Think about it.
we've had to put up with blatant cheating costing us points all season long, we watched them be awarded the league cup via a BLATANT offside goal then to top it all off we witnessed a blatant carve up to ensure they got that title handed to them again.
Hearts will be bought off with entry into a 14 team league to stop them taking any legal recourse as well.
So the reality for me is if we have accepted it as a club is there even much point in next season at all ?
Let's be honest about it, it'll be the same shit every week from the cabal at the top table to ensure the scum's 10 in a row happens.
The 'competition' will continue to not be allowed to be a competition, merely everyone else is a pawn to make the scum ' history makers' (a line from taken from today's nauseating sky/virtual ticket announcement).
Good post and particularly the last paragraph were on an official SPFL statement they actually had the brazen cheek to write about them going for a 10th title in a row.
Some of us get next season will be one that the mentally challengeds simply won’t lose, they’ve got too many people by the baws doing their bidding for them.

They will continue to laugh and walk all over us. This has better not be the end of the fight. The board will never be taken serious again when it comes to defending and standing up for the club and support.

Most Scottish clubs are entirely content to take our cash, raise their games against us and kick us off the park at their shyte grounds a couple of times a season. That’s the level of their (and their fans’) ambitions. And Lawwell, Doncaster and their multiple henchmen know it very well, and rely on it for maintaining the status quo.
Damm straight.

Said weeks ago this would likely come to nothing, get binned, we’d get a slagging and it would fizzle out.

Still feel that. As things stand we’ve even had Liewell get the last word in calling it all embarrassing.

Really not sure why anyone had confidence it would go any other way. Blind loyalty obliterates people’s capacity to think logically and learn from the patterns too often.

Back