Bobby Moore

He had cancer on three different occasions.1962,91 and 93.I was unaware he was treated up here.Any clip if you watch him with the ball at his feet he I straight backed and head up looking for a pass.It sounds mad but you don’t see many defenders comfortable with a ball at his feet positioning himself like that.
He had his head up looking for a pass not having to look down at the ball as he was in full control of it, few player’s have that skill.

In his heyday, only Beckenbauer was a better defender. He’s the sort of player from the past who counters the idea than players today are automatically better. I reckon Moore at his peak would walk into any side in Europe today
I think Beckenbuer was a better player than Moore, not a better defender though.
I'm sure that a few years back, some of the Barca bears were having to pay to get in to Ibrox
[/QUO

Scandalous, if true.

That plus the change to the offside rule. When it was changed a number of years back there was a lot of criticism which you seldom hear now. I'm sure most of us can recall the ''cavalry charge'' out with every defender's hand aloft claiming offside.
Aberdeen and motherwell in those days,at Ibrox,ten red or yellow(amber) jerseys all running out was beautiful to watch but didn't,give good football

Back