Bobby Moore

sheddensbear

Bobby Moore died 25 years ago tomorrow, 24th February, aged 51. What a player he was, saw him several times against us. Fabulous reader of the game, and very fond of a right good swally as most players seemed to be then.

Bobby Moore died 25 years ago tomorrow, 24th February, aged 51. What a player he was, saw him several times against us. Fabulous reader of the game, and very fond of a right good swally as most players seemed to be then.
I absolutely adored Bobby Moore.
A real icon of the British and indeed the world game.
How many times would Scotland have beaten England back then, had Bobby not been working their back line?
He was fckn awesome.

Apparently, there is a plinth in Trafalgar Square that needs someone or something placed upon it that deserves such a position.
Surely Bobby Moore for so many different reasons?

Me, I would give it to him because he could drink Jimmy Greaves under the table, and still get into training on time without a hair out of place.
My type of geezer. :D

The old hampden chant of

Bobby Moore
Superstar
Wears frilly knickers
And a platex bar

Foony as %^*& In those days

Great player though

Great player and a real leader.

Apparently when he was falsely accused of stealing the jewelry in Colombia it had been a younger England player. As captain he felt he couldn’t he couldn’t turn the young boy in. He knew he was innocent and eventually he would be freed. The youngster would have been in serious trouble.

Genuinely one of the all time greats, understandably when this conversation comes up its Di Stefano, Pele, Cruyff , Maradonna, Messi with only Beckanbauer coming into the picture from a defensive perspective, however make no mistake Moore is one of the best to pull on a pair of boots.

Saw him v Scotland several times but never against us.

Only saw the very tail end of his career but my dad reckons he could read the game better than any other defender.
Always seemed to be in the right place all the time.

Genuinely one of the all time greats, understandably when this conversation comes up its Di Stefano, Pele, Cruyff , Maradonna, Messi with only Beckanbauer coming into the picture from a defensive perspective, however make no mistake Moore is one of the best to pull on a pair of boots.
Forgot Ronaldo mate. Anyone of that era would say Best ahead of Moore.

Beckenbauer was the greatest, Bilko and me differ on this. Moore was terrific all the same.

Sure he died in Edinburgh while up for treatment. Great player and timed a tackle as good as I have seen.

Back