Boca J

Four part documentary on Netflix from 2017/18 season Tevez has returned
The atmosphere at their games is off the scale - must win every game / massive passionate fan base with large ultra involvement / jersey too heavy for some - same as us really ? Anybody been ?

Four part documentary on Netflix from 2017/18 season Tevez has returned
The atmosphere at their games is off the scale - must win every game / massive passionate fan base with large ultra involvement / jersey too heavy for some - same as us really ? Anybody been ?
Thanks for posting. I’ll be watching this

Went to Boca River in 2008 and in 2018 at The Bernabeu. Went San Lorenzo v River in Copa Lib and Independiente v Newells also 2008 - all were brilliant. Went to Estudiantes v Libertad in 2009 in Copa Lib, they won it that year - Veron was playing, same trip went to watch Banfield play Gimnasia and went up to Rosario for the Derby but couldn't get in, was going off all over the place and was a ring of steel around the Ground - could hear gunshots, big regret not getting in to that.

Would love to go back but I think it might not now be the same with no away fans. Boca Museum and Stadium Tour is very good. Think every Football fan should go Buenos Aires once.

Tevez has just became Manager at Rosario Central.

Tour guide in Buenos Aires told us that Boca Juniors and River Plate had the same colors originally so they played a match to decide who kept the colours which River Plate won. So Boca Juniors decided on the next ship that sailed in to "la Plata" would be their new colours and it was the flag of a Swedish ship! I've not even Google it to see if she was talking shite or not!!

I went to La Bombonera to watch Boca v Independiente about five years ago.
Amazing experience. When asked where I came from I said ‘Escosia’.
They were fine with that. My English mate kept his mouth shut!!
Never stopped bouncing.
Bit like Ibrox on a buzzing euro night but more insane.
Before the match, went to a fan owned eatery across the road and had the most amazing hot meats in a big roll.
It cost pennies.

Tour guide in Buenos Aires told us that Boca Juniors and River Plate had the same colors originally so they played a match to decide who kept the colours which River Plate won. So Boca Juniors decided on the next ship that sailed in to "la Plata" would be their new colours and it was the flag of a Swedish ship! I've not even Google it to see if she was talking shite or not!!
Think they actually said that on the tour, tour guides were great - one lad just kept slagging off Martin Palermo!

Never stopped bouncing.
Before the match, went to a fan owned eatery across the road and had the most amazing hot meats in a big roll.
It cost pennies.
Which end did you go in? I was opposite the main rowdy end, would love to get in there.

Never stopped bouncing.
It cost pennies.
There was a post on a Celtic forum years back. Guy said he went to La Bombonera wearing a Yahoo shirt and said the whole curve was swaying side to side chanting "selteec, selteec"

Hilarious

Have a soft spot for Boca through Maradona and Cannigia.
Sure that series has been on before?.
Netflix had the story of Boca,Boca Juniors 3D which is brilliant but they pulled it.
Definitely on my bucket list to go to La Bombenera.

Last edited:
That's true,I've watched a programme about them and that was mentioned.

There was a post on a Celtic forum years back. Guy said he went to La Bombonera wearing a Yahoo shirt and said the whole curve was swaying side to side chanting "selteec, selteec"

Hilarious
Their imaginary love-ins are stuff of legends…..
I would definitely not be taking chances wearing any other colors but those of Boca at that place!!!

Added Boca v River Plate to the bucket list a long time ago, but a few years back I read that the Rosario derby is even more intense and is the one to see.

One of these days I'll get my arse to Argentina and try to take in both.

15+ years ago on followfollow there was video of River Plate fans singing Sos Cagon...IMO one of the inspirations that fed into the growing interest for organised fan culture / ultras.

On another point there was another Argentinean themed thread from back then too "the girl with the arse" with the lounge deviants managing to identify a woman solely from pictures of her arse. Keyra Augustina was the name for those interested :D

Added Boca v River Plate to the bucket list a long time ago, but a few years back I read that the Rosario derby is even more intense and is the one to see.

. . . . and add the Avellaneda derby to the list too.

So that guy you see on the left side with the white sheet on? Boca fans will never, ever let River forget they got relegated. In Spanish you have an expression about 'the ghost of relegation', something that haunts you forever.

First game when River were were back in the top league:

The B on the sheets stands for Serie B, second division in Argentina.

Same here, I just want to do like a tour and take in all the big derbies. The Rosario one is supposed to be mental too.

San Lorenzo is top of my list though.

So that guy you see on the left side with the white sheet on? Boca fans will never, ever let River forget they got relegated. In Spanish you have an expression about 'the ghost of relegation', something that haunts you forever.

First game when River were were back in the top league:

The B on the sheets stands for Serie B, second division in Argentina.
That’s the whole song they were singing. Lyrics are pretty cutting

RIVER, TELL ME HOW IT FEELS
TO HAVE PLAYED IN THE NACIONAL
I SWEAR THAT EVEN AS THE YEARS PASS
WE’RE NEVER GOING TO FORGET IT
YOU WERE IN THE B
YOU BURNED THE MONUMENTAL
THE STAINS WILL NEVER BE LIFTED
WHAT FILTHY CHICKENS YOU ARE
YOU HIT A PLAYER
YOU’RE ALL DRUNKEN COWARDS

15+ years ago on followfollow there was video of River Plate fans singing Sos Cagon...IMO one of the inspirations that fed into the growing interest for organised fan culture / ultras.

On another point there was another Argentinean themed thread from back then too "the girl with the arse" with the lounge deviants managing to identify a woman solely from pictures of her arse. Keyra Augustina was the name for those interested :D

@ozo , mate, you read my mind and stole my post!

I was obsessed with both of those videos.

I printed out the lyrics to Sos Cagon and had Keyra on my i-Pod so she was always with me.

I agree, Sos Cagon totally turned me onto ultra culture, I think the Blue Sea of Ibrox group got going at that time as well, the idea that we could add to the repetoir, group together and make noise was all about the same time.

And Keyra's arse..... I've got 5 on it.

Reactions: ozo
Went to river boca in el monumental in 2016 - paid a fortune for a tout ticket but totally worth it. Incredible atmosphere and would go again - need to sample la bombonera this time!

Only downside of 2016 trip was it was the first 0-0 in years and don't think there's been a scoreless draw since either!

I went to San Lorenzo v Rosario Central , a midweek game and Argentina v Colombia in a WC qualifier in the Monumental in September 2005.

I was always a River man but they say San Lorenzo fans are the most creative and chants like Si Senor come from them originally.

Everyone who loves football has to see games in Argentina.

Cowbells and cowbells and cowbells!

I went to San Lorenzo v Rosario Central , a midweek game and Argentina v Colombia in a WC qualifier in the Monumental in September 2005.

I was always a River man but they say San Lorenzo fans are the most creative and chants like Si Senor come from them originally.

San Lorenzo was brilliant when I went, went in away end cost £3. Playing River in Copa Lib quarters, San Lorenzo scored a pen in last min to win 2-1, could feel the stand shaking.

Hilarious
The last time I saw this mentioned someone posted this and I laughed, so I’m stealing the joke this time.

F5D0EE6F-8055-4B48-B254-96FF9C562DAF.png

I had a Boca Juniors top when I was about 15 so always preferred them but to be honest respect both clubs for what they are, two incredible institutions of the sport.

Hilarious
I remember hearing this pish. The tramps truly are the scum of the earth.

Soon even the people of Argentina will know that they conspired to protect a predatory network of paedophiles for half a century.

I’m 5 minutes into it, Tevez is out with his pals ordering a coffee and it flashes up “this program contains product placement”.

Which end did you go in? I was opposite the main rowdy end, would love to get in there.
I was middle tier nearer that side and it was pretty darn rowdy but not in the totally nuts bit behind the goal. Not got the ticket or anything sadly.
Steep stadia and lots of bouncing. I do know we didn’t quite get to where we were supposed to be. Just went with the flow!! No choice lol.
We were in Buenos Aires for something completely different and just happened to be lucky that Boca were playing at home.
A guy at the hotel we were staying at got us the tickets for a good chunk over face value to say the least lol.

San Lorenzo fans are the best.

I remember hearing this pish. The tramps truly are the scum of the earth.

Soon even the people of Argentina will know that they conspired to protect a predatory network of paedophiles for half a century.
:D

The reason Racing kicked them all over the park is because they thought they were British.

Back