Boli Bolingoli And Celtic Breaching COVID Rules - Sturgeon “Celtic and Aberdeen not expected to play for at least next week”

Media genuinely just making stuff up

‘ A Uefa spokesperson told SunSport: "At this stage match is scheduled to take place as planned and we have no further comment to make."

But the sun story claims

‘ CELTIC'S first round Champions League qualifier against KR Reykjavik is ON - after Uefa give its blessing for the match to kick off at Celtic Park at 7.45pm next Tuesday.’

Thought it was to be a neutral venue?

Not at all, I believe Lennon and Celtic as a club definitely found out about it on the Sunday. I don’t believe they only found out just before the call with Jason Leitch, but I don’t believe for a second they knew anything before the Kilmarnock game.
Arnt celtic on record as saying that the same player self isolated for 48hrs after returning from Paris? Not clear on the details as just read about it on here last night/today

Perhaps they told him to do the same again during Thursday/Friday? Thinking that squares it

I tend to agree with you though that they found on Sunday night that he went to Spain then went right into cover up mode

This is why the entire Celtic team and Kilmarnock team need to isolate for 14 days

Through the Test and Protect programme, a contact tracer will get in touch with you to identify whether you have had close contact with anyone outside your household while you may have been infectious. These people would be contacted by the contact tracer, and asked to isolated for 14 days. More information about Test and Protect.

This should be the basis for Icelandic team getting the tie awarded.

Why are Killie not being told to self isolate? why no conformation whether Aberdeen and Celtic had to isolate for 14 days?

Why are Killie not being told to self isolate? why no conformation whether Aberdeen and Celtic had to isolate for 14 days?

i think they did studies before re-opening the EPL and it showed that players were only close to opposition indivisual players for very short periods

The relevant guidance should be those adopted by Uefa for Champions League, in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Namely that if a club is unable to fulfil a fixture they should lose the match.
If adopted by SPFL it would mean that St Mirren and Hamilton would receive the points for tonight While on Saturday I think that the fixture should be treated as fulfilled but with no points awarded

Back