Boli Bolingoli And Celtic Breaching COVID Rules - Sturgeon “Celtic and Aberdeen not expected to play for at least next week”

Alvor

Their champions league tie must now be forfeited, 14 days these players need to self isolate for. It’s the law
Perhaps we should be advising their opposition of the legal situation in Scotland and clarification fc requirements to isolate

SuperGers07

worst case scenario is the entire games on hold
best case scenario, is next few tim and sheep games postponed til later in season

ALittleBitOfTheBubbly

Its a potentially massive sequence of events given that whats happened here is way beyond the traditional things you search google for relating to covid.

Hes gone abroad and could still be incubating regardless of negative test.

He has broken government level quarantine regulations and returned to his place of work.

What then happens to both him as an ‘unknown’ and those he has now been in contact with ? Are they now ‘unknown’ until such times as he is fully clear ?

What are the government level regulations when a quarantine breach and return to work has been proven to have happened ?

Its beyond football. But could seriously impact Celtic and more widely see SNP jiggery pokery to ‘shut it down’ rather than have the SFA penalise them. Fortunately such jiggery pokery wont be possible with UEFA as UEFA have clear covid rules.

Still no sign of SFA Disciplinary 2020/21 regulations, just a broken 19/20 link.
Private positive tests have to be followed up by an NHS test.

Shota

The government guidelines say that if someone returning from a quarantined country comes into contact with others, they too must self isolate for 14 days.
You got a link for this mate?

I can only see if you’ve been tested positive then everyone you’ve been in contact with needs to self isolate.

TynesideTrueBlue

Fcuk all will happen to the tarriers it’s another sweep sweep, the club should be coming out and putting pressure on these scum but I doubt you will hear a thing.

CoplandKeklord

Try finding them.

There is an annex on SPFL about how covid procedures work at every level. Its on the assumption of ‘the bubble’ actually being adhered to.

Nothing, anywhere about someone breaking government quarantine and playing.

Amazing. Call me a cynic here, but this reeks of holding off on formulating the rules (or at least making them public) until finding out which club breached them first...

The Crimson King

They think they are above the law ..... lets see who has the balls to call them out.

The law is 100% clear. There can be no exception here, if they are let away with this then anarchy will ensue.
Sturgeon and the Scottish Government were all over the Cummings fiasco (as they should have been), so if the same severity isn't shown here you have to seriously question why.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Chief Mammy & Chief Wiggam (Leitch) will not get much sleep tonight,
Fair enough Sturgeon, but Leitch is just doing his job mate. Hes been doing that job very well for years before he was known to the public. Not a political figure, just your average NHS long serving employee

nelster

Courtesy of Sevilla FC

UEFA Regulations

UEFA has announced the protocol to be followed because of Covid-19 for next season, which will see Sevilla FC's return to Europe's elite competition.

In both the Champions League and the Europa League, the European body has indicated, first of all, that if there is one positive or more, but there are 13 players available, the match would be played unless quarantine is required for the rest of the players. Thus, if there are less than 13, the match will be postponed and names can be added to List A. In addition, it also makes it clear that if the club could not play the match in any way, they would forfeit the match and lose 3-0.

On a different note, UEFA states that if a club fails to report restrictions affecting play in their country two days in advance, they will forfeit the match 3-0. If they do so, they must propose an alternative venue or UEFA will decide. Finally, it refers to the fact that if both are responsible or refuse to play, they will be excluded from the competition.

Alvor

You got a link for this mate?

I can only see if you’ve been tested positive then everyone you’ve been in contact with needs to self isolate.
People returning to the UK from Spain (including islands) from midnight tonight (25 July 2020) will need to self-isolate for 2 weeks, with the country removed from the travel corridors list.

Tommy WATP

Am I right in saying that the rest of them need to isolate now as they’ve been in contact with him? Kilmarnock team and the ref/linesmen as well?

Del

Fair enough Sturgeon, but Leitch is just doing his job mate. Hes been doing that job very well for years before he was known to the public. Not a political figure, just your average NHS long serving employee
You telling me Chief Wiggams 180 degree flip on wearing masks was a medical breakthrough and in no way political? I am calling bullshit on that regardless of how long he has worked in the NHS.

Del

The whole shambles will be buried under the Education shambles about to come to a head tomorrow.

Wouldn't surprise me if Swinney is sacrificed to steal the headlines.

LLLG

Doesn’t matter a jot mate , he still had to self isolate for 14 days , and was ineligible to play . They will get out of it by saying they didn’t no , and sack him for gross misconduct .
they should lose the game 3-0 that’s just a fact and matter of football law.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
You telling me Chief Wiggams 180 degree flip on wearing masks was a medical breakthrough and in no way political? I am calling bullshit on that regardless of how long he has worked in the NHS.
Aye the same 180 degree turn they done in England.

change consent