Boli Bolingoli And Celtic Breaching COVID Rules - Sturgeon “Celtic and Aberdeen not expected to play for at least next week”

So the season could be potentially suspended due to these breaches. The football authorities need to show they are taking this seriously(no laughing at the back) and award killie a 3-0 win.

Reactions: Gee
England managed to come back in june and finish the premiership and championship fixtures without any problems.

We had the farce of ending the leagues then handing out trophies to clubs who hadnt won them.

Now less than two weeks in we have the aberdeen situation and now this.

Just embarrassing.

Four days off this early in the season is bizarre. This place would be in uproar if that had been us only to turn in that performance at the weekend.

I think they are getting flack from their own now. It looks like it wasn't leaked that it was happening.

I'd be quite happy if they released him, although I think that is highly unlikely.

£3m they spent on this absolute dud.

At the very least it should be a win awarded to Kilmarnock.

They should be deducted points though given the seriousness. The government and SPFL need to make an example here.

This is shocking. I know footballers sometimes believe the rules don't apply to them, but this is astonishing. Not only did he willingly breach the rules within the game, he has broken the law of the land, so a wee visit from the boys in blue (not us) may also be on the cards! If Aberdeen are forced to play games without eight of their team, due to proximity with someone with Covid, Celtic must be forced to do the same. He must have been in the changing room with the squad prior to and after the game. and although he has tested negative, the risks still exist. Even the sweep sweep brigade can't ignore this, surely!!

When was the trip? Why was the trip?

Surely he wouldn't go for a four day holiday in the 8 days between their home game against Hamilton and the trip to Kilmarnock? He'd have had training and everything else - only sensible situation would be that he was visiting another club with a view to a move.

Nothing will happen here! Apologies will be made and it will be sweep sweep. The fact he has went to Spain right enough should see the whole Celtic squad and the Kilmarnock squad self isolate for 14 days. The SFA/SPFL will never let that happen though...

Nothing will happen here! Apologies will be made and it will be sweep sweep. The fact he has went to Spain right enough should see the whole Celtic squad and the Kilmarnock squad self isolate for 14 days. The SFA/SPFL will never let that happen though...
Agree nothing will happen.But let them explain it.

And people wonder why Scottish football is a laughing stock.

Can’t even go a week without some brainless wonder being unable to follow basic instructions. True professionalism.

In this case it’s Them so nothing will come of it.

It doesn’t matter if he tested negative or not. There are established rules in place. He broke them. He at the least should be punished, but so should the club.

A strong message needs to be sent out to these idiots who think the rules don’t apply to them.

Step forward prof Leitch, be very interesting to perhaps hear his view on this episode. Of course now that Petrie is back to the fold, will there be a comment from him? Fast forward to the first minister briefing today, very interesting times ahead folks. Sit tight.

"The Scottish government is warning it could call a halt to football after a Celtic player apologised for breaching coronavirus rules." Goes on to use the word "pause".

What should happen (regardless of any fines/penalties) is that Aberdeen and Celtic should both be made to self-isolate for 14 days as a team - with all matches postponed during that time. The fixture pile up is their own problem.

I'd also expect the Scottish Government to give a final warning that any further breach and they'll ask for the league to be suspended.

That mob think they are so untouchable, they probably brought him on knowing they weren't getting a winner and hoping the game would be replayed.
Absolutely nothing is unbelievable with this shower of shite.

Looking forward to Jacksons column defending him since he won't want to upset his pay master.

If you read Klaxons column yesterday he knew this was going to kick off but never had the balls to upset his paymasters.

Rangers should be releasing a statement this afternoon.

We should be saying that Celtic fielded an illegible player at the weekend against Kilmarnock and Kilmarnock should be rewarded a 3-0 victory as a result.

We should then be saying that if Celtic knew about the trip, and played the player anyway, they have to forfeit their games within the next 14 days.

This is the perfect opportunity to apply pressure. Let’s see if our board are up to it.

Either he knew he was doing something wrong and kept it secret from everybody at the club, OR he's an idiot.
If it's the latter then others at the club will have known and kept quiet until it became public knowledge. This has huge implications.

Everyone connected with the club will be aiming for the former - disgusting individual that knew what he's doing - so they can through him under the bus and protect the good name of ....etc.

WATP.

He’s making a statement at 12 so probably stepping back as snp don’t do sacking.
Is thumb in isolation after the kids party? They think that they are untouchable.
I'd picked things up wrong when I heard he was making a statement. Actually forgot about the exams carry on. So many feck ups with that lot its hard to keep up

He was ineligible (coronavirus rules) so they should be deducted points and fined.A precedent was set with hearts a couple of years back.But they’ll shit it.

League won't have it in the competition rules for players being ineligible due to something that is currently only guidelines.

I appreciate your point but he wasn't ineligible.

just on the bbc news Scottish govment thinking of suspending football.
Now I realise what we are dealing with here and I know that what has gone on is beyond the pale, but Jimmy Krankie never needs an excuse to show her absolute authority.

The players who have brought this about are absolute morons.

Rangers should be releasing a statement this afternoon.

We should be saying that Celtic fielded an illegible player at the weekend against Kilmarnock and Kilmarnock should be rewarded a 3-0 victory as a result.

We should then be saying that if Celtic knew about the trip, and played the player anyway, they have to forfeit their games within the next 14 days.

This is the perfect opportunity to apply pressure. Let’s see if our board are up to it.

We should keep our mouths shut and let Killie do the talking imo.

No point getting involved in other clubs battles.

The main interested parties here should be -

Kilmarnock - Ineligible player / Cheating - Hearts got done for it and they have gained European access for it themselves not once but twice.
Aberdeen - If Celtic are not hit with the same sanctions they should be in absolute uproar!
St Mirren - Should they be made to welcome a possibly infected squad to play tomorrow night?

What will happen? Nothing.

We move on on our final warning from Nippy and when they fall further behind they break a rule again at which point the whole things stopped.

Back