Bolton facing liquidation

blueballs

.. following the collapse of their takeover deal.

Sad news for their fans but more so brings to mind how far we've come since that recent chapter of our history.

I know plenty of good Bolton lads who are loyalists and also follow Rangers when they can that will be gutted their club is facing this.

Regardless who used to play for them, the fans will suffer and us Rangers fans should know how that feels and be sympathetic.

Have more sympathy for Bury as they seem like a decent bunch, glad they are progressing.

For me - Its like word separation. You say Bolton I think TLB.

Thats a shame, and on part probably wrong, because they are probably a decent mob, no?

Hopefully not. Gutting for their fans, they don’t deserve the shite that’s been thrown their way

Hope something can be done

Bolton and Bury are both old clubs with a lot of history and authentic local support through the generations.
They are part of British football history and it would be a terrible portent for the future of the game if they were both to go out of existence.
With so much money in English football nowadays no club like this should be in financial trouble.

I can assure you many many Bolton fans were not happy when TLB was appointed and they all celebrated when he got the sack. Bolton has a large british/unionist/loyalist following.

Every Bolton fan i've met have been good lads and don't deserve their club to die

Have more sympathy for Bury as they seem like a decent bunch, glad they are progressing.

Thats a shame, and on part probably wrong, because they are probably a decent mob, no?

I think Jay Jay Okocha when I hear Bolton.

I wouldn't wish what they're facing on anyone. Except the filth. And Dundee Utd... Etc...

I think Jay Jay Okocha when I hear Bolton.

I wouldn't wish what they're facing on anyone. Except the filth. And Dundee Utd... Etc...

Fair Comment and forgot about him....then theres Big Sam...

Youd think he would have had a few envelopes stuffed with readies under the floor to help them out with.

I don't really care, to be honest.

To me, it's just another card falling in the delicate pyramid that is English football.

A shame for the fans but the house of cards is beginning to tumble.

The latest takeover deal to buy Bolton has collapsed with administrators warning the "process of closing down the company" could begin on Wednesday.

The club has been given until 17:00 BST on Tuesday to complete the sale or offer reasons for an extension, or face expulsion from the EFL.

Administrators say the League One club is currently not in a position to carry on trading.

That would lead to its liquidation and the loss of over 150 jobs.

Paul Appleton, joint administrator for Bolton Wanderers, said the deal collapsed on Saturday, and despite working around the clock they are still some way from reaching a solution.

He said in a statement: "Unless there is a change of position from any of the parties involved, the process of closing down the club and ultimately placing Bolton Wanderers into liquidation will begin this week."

The EFL said that if Bolton cannot complete the club's sale or provide credible plans to continue, they will be served with a 14-day notice for their expulsion from the league.

But that may prove irrelevant if the club, which finished in the Premier League's top 10 and competed in the Uefa Cup 12 years ago, ceases to exist.

That you can’t seperate a football club with 145 years of history from one guy who managed them for about 18 months is pretty pathetic to be honest.

Anytime I think of Bolton I think of Big Sam and some of the players he somehow managed to persuade to join them at that time, finished mid table in the EPL a few times under him. A real shame for their fans, something nobody should have to go through.

Hopefully they can be saved or at least resurface in the lower leagues

Not just the players there will be hundreds losing their jobs from cleaners to office workers ,dont like seeing anybody lose their job

I know quite a few Bolton lads and they all favour us over the tinks. However, regardless of who played and managed them, it’s a shame for supporters of the club, and I cannot rejoice in their demise. There’s only one club I’d wish was no longer, and it sure as hell ain’t Bolton Wanderers.

Bolton and Bury are both old clubs with a lot of history and authentic local support through the generations.
They are part of British football history and it would be a terrible portent for the future of the game if they were both to go out of existence.
With so much money in English football nowadays no club like this should be in financial trouble.
Totally agree. I used to live in the North West and these are both genuine clubs, which have local supports and who have been part of the great fabric of the English game.

I used to have a bit of a soft spot for Bolton, as an underdog, then they had the likes of Okocha, Djorkaeff, etc.

Hopefully a solution can be found for Bolton & Bury. Went to the Reebok a few times to take in an EPL game.

I sincerely hope that Bolton and Bury find a way out of the mess that they are in. No club deserves to be treated like Third Lanark or Maidstone United.

Please let Bolton and Bury survive for the sake of their fans and the communities with which the clubs are entwined.

For Boltong the EPL is to blame and a few others will follow suit as well.

Huddersfield owner has had to put in another 15 million to keep them going due to having the honour of playing in the premier league.

If West Brom don’t get back up this year then they will be in the position apparently.

The only club that seems to have been smart enough was Fulham who had relegation clauses in all contracts to ensure they weren’t stuck with premier league wages in the championship

UEFA cup just 12yr ago and on the point of expulsion from the EFL ffs.

Can see the floodlights from my bedroom window.

The land under the Stadium is very valuable which is not good for the football club at present, it sits next to the busiest retail park in the UK.

Hope they get out of this mess, plenty of mates follow them home and away.

St mirren had a boy on the bench named djorkaeff yesterday. Brought back memories of that Bolton side with the massive names late 90/early 00

This ^^^^^^

If the cash laden English game allows this to happen to proud clubs such as Bolton and Bury, the game is lost to charlatans and businessmen who give not a flying f*** for the sport itself or the soul of the sport, the fans.

With the number of teams that go bust down south (smaller conference teams that dont get the same coverage as bolton/bury) and the objection of the leagues up here to let colts in, i always wondered why Rangers didnt just apply for entry into the conferences down south, and let the young boys go and fight for a proper title.

I've total sympathy for Bolton fans, especially after everything we have been through.

I really hope that they somehow pull through all of this. I'd genuinely hate to think that they could become another Third Lanark

If the company is liquidated, what level would the club be able to re-enter the English league pyramid at?

If the company is liquidated, what level would the club be able to re-enter the English league pyramid at?

Depends on the FA successful allowing a new club to join

Level 5 is National League

Chester FC 2010/11 Level 8
AFC Telford United 2004/05 Level 8
Hereford 2015/16 Level 9
FC Halifax Town 2007/08 Level 9
Darlington 1883 Level 9

Just a few clubs that have reformed after hitting financial problems

Just have a look at this thread and the Bury one from last week.

Masses of sympathy, empathy, petition signing and solidarity with fellow football fans.

It was the same when winding up orders were getting dished out left right and centre in 2010ish

Where was that with us?
The mentally challengeds I understand but the rest of them?
Fucking snakes.

I honestly hope Bury manage to survive, but they spent more than they could afford to get out of League 2, and other small clubs should take note.

Bury must be confident of getting the nod from the EFL tomorrow evening. The ticket office is open today & they're selling tickets for Saturday's home game v Doncaster.
Just hope everything works out for Wanderers although it looks very dicey at the moment.

Back