Bolton manager Phil Parkinson and his assistant resign

Hate hearing this kinda news, it's all just spiraling out of control for both clubs now, I really hope things can be resolved for both clubs.

Terrible news with all the money around down there. Money attracts all sorts dodgy basturds as we know.

P.s 2 free spaces get the invite for us in the post efa

Bury aren't going bust, they're being financially raped and slowly murdered in public by an absolute cvnt.

Yeah, and Bolton had a takeover sorted out by a local consortium until some utter cvnt (who had been previously banned by the EFL) put in an injunction and completely wrecked the deal.

The injunction has been waived after a few days, but the damage was done.

Yeah, and Bolton had a takeover sorted out by a local consortium until some utter cvnt (who had been previously banned by the EFL) put in an injunction and completely wrecked the deal.

The injunction has been waived after a few days, but the damage was done.

Cvnts everywhere, basically!

Is Scholes not a Bury fan? Surely can help a wee bit just using his name.

Or am I making that up? o_O

Now pointed out its Oldham

Last edited:
i feel for Bolton in particular as I’ve been to some of their (away) games with a lad I used to work with who supported them.

What’s left of them is a loyal but seriously diminished band. When I was at Sheff Wed v Bolton last year, I couldn’t help but contrast with my last visit in 2013, when the Leppings Lane end was rammed with Rangers fans, with this sparse band of maybe 200 people tops.

Curiously, my Bolton supporting acquaintance was never interested in taking me to the home games. It seems to be a common sentiment amongst them. Their home support has virtually deserted them. Although I didn’t see the attendance v Coventry the other week, I did notice on the Sky news goals program, that when they cut to the reporter at Bolton, there was just a vast, empty stand behind her, like it wasn’t even open.

Still, at least Man City were able to spend c.£25m on a squad player this window eh?

Football has its priorities well and truly sorted.

He could have left the club months ago and toughed it out far longer than anyone could have expected him to.

We could see two historic English Clubs go to the wall this week which is absolutely ridiculous.
absolutely disgusting and tragic 2 great old clubs and with the amounts of money in the English league and they cant be helped but get point deductions, why not just give the team they were due to play the 3 points until its sorted

I've often read on here in the past how the FA would help their teams if they were in serious bother, unlike the SFA, who stood by and made many things worse for us. Doesn't look like, despite the vast money within their game, that the FA are rallying to the aid of these old clubs at all.

Sad in the extreme. Bolton for a long time were a fixture in the top league and Bury are well over one hundred years old...can't understand why the FA and Leagues can't help get them back on their feet.

Oldham & Macclesfield Town on the brink as well supposedly. That’s 4 clubs from the greater Manchester area in severe trouble while City & Utd are worth billions.

So,the big clubs bail out Bury and Bolton, what’s to stop other EFL clubs overspending in the knowledge they will get bailed out by them also?

They shouldn’t be bailing any other sides out of financial trouble.

The outrageous tv dealer caused this as clubs are desperate to be part of the party. Someone posted the other day that championship clubs are paying up to 90% of their income on wages.

If you look at the premier league clubs this season there would be a few that would be in trouble within a couple of years if they get relegated and fail to get back up quickly.

Utter shite the way things are in England. You’ve got the premier league clubs who are throwing millions of pounds around without a thought yet 2 historical English clubs could be no more by the end of the week:mad:

Both of whom have been badly run and had owners whom the football authorities should have never let run the clubs in the first place exactly like us.

Bury going bust over something like £277k .

Absolute disgrace when you consider the money in England.

They don't need to, and they shouldn't be expected to, but what a statement would be if City & United helped them out. If anything it would restore your faith a little bit.

Would be the equivalent of us and Celtic each paying about £10K to save Queens Park

Bolton have a great problem in that , the land under their stadium is worth a fortune.
It sit's on the UK's busiest retail park - I'm sure the Vultures circling know this and those going to court for injunctions to stop a sale process are well aware.

Sad days for Bolton, but as I've said to their fans sat watching games in the pub the past couple of years, "you need to support the Club now, it needs you far more than when the Reebok was full in the EPL".

Hope they both get out of the mess they are in.
Local news has a supporter booring the office doors in at gigg lane today...its about to be shown on BBC North West now.

This is only the beginning, there will be lots more, it is called progress, it is so sad, we have our own trouble to get around this decade seen our club almost murdered by scum and yet no one went to jail as they plundered and raped and still we spend our hard earned cash on the very clubs who almost killed us, I must admit I don't understand this part in our recovery.

It’s a bit like the financial crash in 2008. Everyone said the bubble would burst and the big boys would suffer.

When actually, it’s always the little people

As sad is it is for the fans, hopefully this helps move the financial side of the game into more realistic territory.

The problem I have with money from other clubs is it would just go into the pockets of the owners who are shafting the clubs.

They don't need to, and they shouldn't be expected to, but what a statement would be if City & United helped them out. If anything it would restore your faith a little bit.

Would be the equivalent of us and Celtic each paying about £10K to save Queens Park
And if today’s reports are to be believed, Alexis Sanchez earns £375,000 a week at Man Utd.

I've often read on here in the past how the FA would help their teams if they were in serious bother, unlike the SFA, who stood by and made many things worse for us. Doesn't look like, despite the vast money within their game, that the FA are rallying to the aid of these old clubs at all.

Sad in the extreme. Bolton for a long time were a fixture in the top league and Bury are well over one hundred years old...can't understand why the FA and Leagues can't help get them back on their feet.

The FA have been paying a whack of the Bury players wages to help them out

The SFA repeatedly fined us

Infuriating and downright embarassing that it's now happening to more than one club in the same season. I expect this trend will increase, the bottom was always going to fall out. The PL can sustain but the bumped up wages there will always filter down.

Annoyingly these historic clubs are quickly replaced by non league projects like Salford, Crawley, Fleetwood and soon enough, Billericay.

I always felt one way to save clubs like Bury would be for the likes of Man U to "adopt" them if that's the right word and use them as their B team.
They would be on a sound financial footing plus their gates may increase with Utd fans going to watch their younger players.
Probably fans of Bury wouldn't have been happy but it would be a lot better than the current situation.

Cancelling games, and now no manager or players....could they end up going out of business with Bury? A dreadful time for English football.

I always felt one way to save clubs like Bury would be for the likes of Man U to "adopt" them if that's the right word and use them as their B team.
They would be on a sound financial footing plus their gates may increase with Utd fans going to watch their younger players.
Probably fans of Bury wouldn't have been happy but it would be a lot better than the current situation.
Is that allowed with the ownership rules etc

Bolton were in an FA Cup Final when Victoria was on the throne, and yet Bournemouth are cash rich and a 'world giant' due to league they play in.

I am now more than ever certain we need caps on income, salary etc...EPL cannot keep adding billions to its income streams.

Celtic would pay 10 grand to get rid of their original Orange bastard rivals.

Sad state of affairs and sums up the perilous state of clubs when a self interested fùckwit, asset stripper gets their claws into them.

He could have left the club months ago and toughed it out far longer than anyone could have expected him to.

We could see two historic English Clubs go to the wall this week which is absolutely ridiculous.

It's a disgrace that what is a couple of weeks wages for some players could save two clubs yet the EFL/FA are allowing this to happen. IMO there should be a fund for this type of thing. Maybe take a small tax off transfer fee's or something like that. Surely a right back can't go for £50m and then two historic clubs go broke.

Watched a clip of their fans on Youtube last night and they are mental but passionate about their club. A real shame.

Sad news. Bury as well going bust. Still there is billions in the EPL with players getting millions per month.

The money on offer at the top level doesn’t have any real relation to the main issue of at best ‘dubious’ individuals being allowed by the regulations to purchase these historic clubs and run them into the ground.

Even if a big bag of money was to be ‘donated’ to these Clubs who is to say they wouldn’t miraculously end up in the same situation in a few months or a year?

I'd love limit of say £400m income for ANY club globally, and wages should be 60% of that at most...

Back