Bo'ness Athletic

dougsdir24

A team sitting at the top of the Third Division of the East of Scotland League (4 Divisions in total)

yKsVjw1.png

152 goals in 25 league games so far! :))
Play is a very staunchly coloured strip
Beat 2nd place Armadale 7-0 today in Armadale
Their top scorer, Tiwi Daramola, signed for Kelty Hearts and joins them at the end of the season, has scored over 50 goals so far this season.
Last December, they played a friendly against top of the EOS Premier League Linlithgow Rose and beat them 7-3
Next week they play Musselbrough Athl. in a cup game who are also in the Premier League so that will be a good test.
Well run wee club, that are going places.

Tiwi Daramola is some player. Ripped us apart today. Its actually 62 for the season he is on now.

That is the second worst league in semi pro football in Scotland, they wouldn’t have to be anything better than a good Saturday amateur team to win that league

Daramola is the best player I’ve seen play at junior level for many a year

Staunch Town is Bo'ness, speaking of staunch places I'm suprised to see Harthill down at the bottom, always thought they were a well run club
Good luck to them
If they win the league they can have a presentation at the local gala day
When they win the league …..
They were robbed last year against Syngenta , when after scoring the team where off the park and the ref allowed Syngenta to take centre and go up the park to score without challenge ….

So the rules were broken ????
If all players leave their own half to celebrate the opposing team can restart...

I've seen refs stop goalkeepers running across halfway to celebrate as it would result in the other team being allowed to take kick off and score into an empty net.

It's an unwritten rule the ref will give a heads up.

Good on them , I follow the EoSl every week. My grandson plays in the leagues and Boness beat them recently in a cup tie.
.Yes decent team playing in the bottom league way to good for the rest of them, Daramola makes a big difference hes fast, direct, but are they better than Whitburn in the league above who are going to be promoted,?
Thats probably where they will end up in the 1st division below the premier league.

Tiwi Daramola is a fantastic player.

Had heard he’s had numerous offers to sign for clubs at a higher level but is studying to become a doctor and playing for Bo’ness suits him at this time.

Kelty have got themselves a good player, hopefully he’s as good when he takes the step up.

Staunch Town is Bo'ness, speaking of staunch places I'm suprised to see Harthill down at the bottom, always thought they were a well run club

Im from Harthill and my son was actually a mascot for the game Vs Bo'ness. They ripped us a new arsehole that day and Daramola scored at least a hat trick. I was right behind 1 of his goals as he arrowed into the top corner from the opposite corner of the box, as sweet a strike as you'll see.

Since then Harthill have had a change of manager and a few new players and results have improved a bit that they aren't getting beat every week now. Think they'll try and build towards next season.

Pretty staunch town which is in its favour. Strange place though. Half of it is lovely and the other half looks like Chernobyl.

If all players leave their own half to celebrate the opposing team can restart...

I've seen refs stop goalkeepers running across halfway to celebrate as it would result in the other team being allowed to take kick off and score into an empty net.

It's an unwritten rule the ref will give a heads up.
That wasn’t what happened. All of the Athletic players went down to their crowd to celebrate which was in their own half. By the laws of the game you can kick off when a team is all in their own half. If they had been down the other end it wouldn’t have happened.

Still mental it was allowed to happen though.

Im from Harthill and my son was actually a mascot for the game Vs Bo'ness. They ripped us a new arsehole that day and Daramola scored at least a hat trick. I was right behind 1 of his goals as he arrowed into the top corner from the opposite corner of the box, as sweet a strike as you'll see.

Since then Harthill have had a change of manager and a few new players and results have improved a bit that they aren't getting beat every week now. Think they'll try and build towards next season.
Am from Harthill

My parents still live there

Back