Bongani Zungu Recalled By South Africa For Upcoming AFCON Qualifiers .

I'm with you, Gerrard is a huge fan of players playing International football, it is good for the player and the club. It's also an insult to think Gerrard and Wilson didn't know he could be brought back into the S.A setup and haven't planned accordingly.
Everything has to be a negative on FF even when things are going so well! Folk saying Zungu should tell them to F off, forget how that worked out for idiot Lafferty not showing up for International duty.
An International call up is no longer optional or can be manipulated by clubs, Zungu being banned for not playing is a better situation than playing for some. I can't cope with certain levels of stupidity at times.

The irony there...

Flying to Durban and then an island off the coast of Nigeria to play against some mob whose team contains players from the English eighth tier will do him the "world of good"? Really? Long flights and tinpot pitches against non-league standard opposition is what a player coming back from a layoff needs? It's not remotely comparable with Lafferty's situation.

Thankfully there is little chance he will be going on this nonsensical trip. A bounce game behind closed doors while he settles in will be way more beneficial.

The irony there...

Flying to Durban and then an island off the coast of Nigeria to play against some mob whose team contains players from the English eighth tier will do him the "world of good"? Really? Long flights and tinpot pitches against non-league standard opposition is what a player coming back from a layoff needs? It's not remotely comparable with Lafferty's situation.

Thankfully there is little chance he will be going on this nonsensical trip. A bounce game behind closed doors while he settles in will be way more beneficial.
Best get on the phone to FIFA then mate tell them to remove the ban he'd receive for pulling out

I think the non-qualifications matches are pointless at this stage but with our midfield performing so well as it is I am happy for Zungu to get some game time.

Back