Bongani Zungu

That's what it comes down to for some whilst the likes of McLean and Ferguson who genuinely have attributes that would suit us, are dubbed shite.

(Lewis Ferguson would not be me first, second or fifth choice midfield signing.)

Said it earlier in the thread that Hrošovský would be a better signing. Similar in that he can play CM, slightly deeper for a bit more advanced. Similar age, played at a better level, played in the Champions League, alongside Hamsik for his country, captained Genk, captained Plzeñ, won three league titles and a national cup. Experienced, leadership qualities, played at the highest level in terms of club competitions and tasted success on numerous occassions.
Out of the central midfielders we’ve been linked with him or Dorsch would get me quite excited.

Too many writing the guy off.

How can you do that when you know nothing about the player?

With potential signings like this we simply have to trust the management.

Would prefer we looked to add in attacking areas. We seem to have plenty of defensive minded midfielders.

Belkelba is agent talk I think. News now mentally challengeds have made an offer. Probably offering him around.

I really want Dorsch now to be honest.

Watched Dorsch over the last few weeks. He's quality. Even on Sunday where Heidenheim were outclassed, he was pulling the strings, creating space for himself, driving forward, slipping balls though and rattling into challenges all over the park.

2. Bundesliga stats has an 88.5 pass completion %. For a slightly deeper midfielder he's up there with successful dribbles, he's got 4 assists, 1.4 key passes per match, 3rd in possession won in final 3rd, inside the top 3 players for interceptions...

He's not playing with Heidenheim next season that's for sure.

Would prefer we looked to add in attacking areas. We seem to have plenty of defensive minded midfielders.
We can do both at the same time you know. If we do end up playing Hagi centrally, we only really have Kamara, Jack and Davis for the two behind him (Arfield and Aribo are far better up the pitch). None of those three are proper physical defensive midfielders which we will definitely need if we go 4231.

Watched Dorsch over the last few weeks. He's quality. Even on Sunday where Heidenheim were outclassed, he was pulling the strings, creating space for himself, driving forward, slipping balls though and rattling into challenges all over the park.

2. Bundesliga stats has an 88.5 pass completion %. For a slightly deeper midfielder he's up there with successful dribbles, he's got 4 assists, 1.4 key passes per match, 3rd in possession won in final 3rd, inside the top 3 players for interceptions...

He’s probably the one who would make the biggest impact on the team ... and the least likely to sign I reckon

He’s probably the one who would make the biggest impact on the team ... and the least likely to sign I reckon

It sounds like Dorsch is the best player and the one with the highest potential in the game. But I do have a slight concern about putting too much faith in youths. We really need at least one new experienced leader on the field. It is possible for a youth to lead a team but not easy. Even the likes of Ferguson and Gattuso took a few years before they became true leaders.

That said, I do think he sounds the most exciting of the names we’ve been linked with.

Too many writing the guy off.

How can you do that when you know nothing about the player?

With potential signings like this we simply have to trust the management.
Can you remember Pena,Grezda,mate. I suppose the difference is we have guys in now that know their stuff. For the outlay,he needs to make an instant impact.

We signed Boogie from Charlton, before that he was at Crewe and Sheff W and a bog average french team.
He is still one of the best CHs I have seen play for Rangers in 50 years.

With all due respect bud, I would be amazed if you weren’t moaning like hell that we were signing a defender from Charlton! I remember most of the board decrying the signing as not good enough and how can a player from Charlton step up to Rangers?

You know, all the usual guff that happens when we don’t sign someone from Serie A.

Dorsch and this lad would be welcome additions to a static midfield.

It needs an overhaul.

Zungu looks a vascular, athletic unit. My word

Belkelba is agent talk I think. News now mentally challengeds have made an offer. Probably offering him around.

I really want Dorsch now to be honest.
Someone on RangersMedia asked Eskbank if we should be watching the Bundesliga playoff tomorrow and he said yes but support Werder Bremen. Sounds like he’s talking about Dorsch

An Amiens fan on Twitter rates him very very highly although two knee injuries over the last few season plus his limited game time has me concerned.

ffs, not more of "Rangers sign player with dodgy knees" scenario.

I don't know who he is but we can we afford to spend £m's on a player who has hardly kicked a ball in past 18 months because of knee surgery.

Howrver if SG and Wilson believe he could be that missing piece of the jigsaw then we have to trust their judgement, they both are well aware that we do not have £m's to throw around on players who do not produce.

With all due respect bud, I would be amazed if you weren’t moaning like hell that we were signing a defender from Charlton! I remember most of the board decrying the signing as not good enough and how can a player from Charlton step up to Rangers?

You know, all the usual guff that happens when we don’t sign someone from Serie A.

No, I'll vouch for him here, I remember him wanting Boogie, I remember each time Jaws is positive about things, they come around as often as Hayleys comet.

Until we see the guy then it’s all guesswork .

This is now on Ross Wilson ,hes the man responsible for recruitment so let’s give him a chance ,are we saying people on here are more qualified thanRoss Wilson ? No I don’t think so

No, I'll vouch for him here, I remember him wanting Boogie, I remember each time Jaws is positive about things, they come around as often as Hayleys comet.

I stand corrected then:D

At times during the Jelavic saga I thought he was going to go full metal jacket!

Back