Booing at HT on Thursday

CupGoalie

Did I miss something that happened just before the break? There were a significant amount of boos on the half time whistle. Surely to god people weren't booing the team?

I was more pissed off at the slight cheer when kamara's number went up to be subbed.

I think the booing was a mixture of the officials and that we were absolute rotten upto that point.

It was towards the officials, as the players had already vacated the pitch before it started
I wasn’t at the game but it was certainly audible on tv. It happened as soon as the whistle for HT blew, so I’m struggling to understand why that would be for the officials. Maybe they were booed as well when they made their way towards the tunnel.

Did I miss something that happened just before the break? There were a significant amount of boos on the half time whistle. Surely to god people weren't booing the team?
I didn’t think there were that many boos, not that I heard in the CD but it picked up a wee bit when the refs were leaving the pitch.

i don’t like booing teams regardless of how they are performing, but that was an abject first half so you’re going to get a minority who will boo - but they are the same crowd that’ll complain that it wasn’t 4-2 or something. they can never be pleased.

I'm sure it wouldn't have went unnoticed by the staff and management team. Probably embarrassed by the first half performance.

It's not like we came flying out of the traps in the 2nd half is it? There are boos whenever we're not winning at half time and playing poorly. It seldom results in us coming out and blowing the opposition away in the 2nd half.

To be honest, I suspect a lot of the "boo-ers" are happy to let rip at the team. How many people who attend Ibrox fit the caricature of the dour, miserable Scot? Was there ever a support with such a contrast as ours, the best away support in the world and a home support which is generally, at best, grouchy, and at worst, poisonous.

There's between more discussion around our home support this season. Are we finally growing tired of angry middle aged men shouting "yer pish" at all our players? Lets hope Thursday marks a watershed. Because we know how good we can be when the fans actually do back the team.

Booing coming from my area of the stadium was definitely aimed at the Ref and officials. They’d definitely get a job In the sfa, they were useless

Part of the job spec. If you play for Rangers and you're getting beat at HT you get booked. Could have been worse we could have started chanting for Braga like we did for Gornik when Lubanski was tearing us apart.

Lot of day trippers and first timers pished at European games remember.

I love it when that classic comes out. It was even alluded to on Heart and hand the other day.

People talk like on European nights its 50,000 different people attending Ibrox. Like 40,000 ST holding regulars are suddenly transported to a different realm and Ibrox is entirely full of different people on European nights.

I love it when that classic comes out. It was even alluded to on Heart and hand the other day.

People talk like on European nights its 50,000 different people attending Ibrox. Like 40,000 ST holding regulars are suddenly transported to a different realm and Ibrox is entirely full of different people on European nights.
Who said 40 thousand? More like 5 but enough to make a loud noise. The same 5 that fukd off in the 60th minute.

Who said 40 thousand? More like 5 but enough to make a loud noise. The same 5 that fukd off in the 60th minute.

So you think it was all the non-Season ticket holders who fucked off early, whereas the ST holders stayed to the bitter end in vocal support of the team?

Maybe you're right. If they could start doing that at the weekends too then that would be great.

It was for the officials, particularly the main stand linesman he couldn’t make a decision for himself and when he did it was usually wrong.

The booking of Morelos was harsh considering the amount of times the Braga players were in at the ref as soon as we got back into it. In the lead up to the game it was all about if you asked for VAR it was an automatic booking, at out first and second goals a number of them were in and around him and it certainly wasn’t to say good goal ref.

To be fair he did finally have enough of it and booked one of them,

After the final whistle !

The ball went near the ref as he blew for half time as much as a sizeable section of our support are murder I think it was aimed at him.

I sit at the back of the Govan. It was more than just a few people and it happened as soon as the whistle went. The take amongst everyone around me was that it was aimed at the team, and folk were pissed at that being the case. Almost 7 years to the day after it looked like we might not have a club and clowns were giving out like that.

Part of the job spec. If you play for Rangers and you're getting beat at HT you get booked. Could have been worse we could have started chanting for Braga like we did for Gornik when Lubanski was tearing us apart.
Seems harsh but no doubt Scottish refs will be happy to oblige ;)

Pretty sure the boos were directed at the officials? That’s what I thought at the time anyway.

There were a few clowns in CR booing as the ref blew the HT whistle. I’d hazard a guess it was aimed at the team not the ref.

Its easy to come on FF and be pedantic in hindsight. Id wager that at half time on thursday most of our fans were raging. Thats one of the worst halves that ive seen from us this season.

exactly. They should have been a few goals up and when they then went 2-0 up NOBODY saw the end result coming.

not that I’d have booed the team myself though to be fair

TalkSportAdverts reported alot of fans walked out at half time. Utter nonsense as gates wouldn't even be opened.
Prob folk going for a pie ffs

Back