Booing at HT on Thursday

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was aimed at the officials. Although there are some amount of numpties that can't accept that we will come up against teams that are better than us in Europe now and again.

TalkSportAdverts reported alot of fans walked out at half time. Utter nonsense as gates wouldn't even be opened.
Prob folk going for a pie ffs

Was out for a ciggy at half time, Govan stand.
There was a few who left, not many.
Last Sunday at half time they were leaving in droves, cant blame them with the weather though.

At times the support were magnificent on the night and helped get us over the line. The booing by a minority though at half time as soon as the whistle went, was aimed at the team imo and they should have a long hard look at themselves, as should those who left at 2-0 thinking the game was over. I take it they don’t join in when we sing “we will fight till the day is done”.

I wouldn't say it was a 'significant number' - there were a few but they were quickly shooshed. Most likely the Euro night glory hunters who expect nothing less than a 5-0 every time.

Think that's a kop out just to blame them.
It happens more in European games when we're not playing well, I've saw it for years. You'll always have people booing and shouting in the league games as well but in my experience it's worse in European nights and it's always been guys that aren't normally there who are pished who do most of the shouting and booing. I've also saw plenty of strangers who are brand new but in my experience again, the European nights bring out the worst punters.

Some fans don’t deserve Rangers.

Bang on the money, a lot of boo's were aimed at the team's performance and not the officials, the officials did receive booing once they were close to the tunnel a good 15/20 seconds after the initial boo's coming from the east enclosure.

It happens more in European games when we're not playing well, I've saw it for years. You'll always have people booing and shouting in the league games as well but in my experience it's worse in European nights and it's always been guys that aren't normally there who are pished who do most of the shouting and booing. I've also saw plenty of strangers who are brand new but in my experience again, the European nights bring out the worst punters.
It has happened in european games where we can be outplayed by quality opposition. Doesn't happen so much in scotland as more times than not, we're usually on top.

Not saying your entirely wrong about this, but I feel that sometimes as a support we should have a good look at ourselves.

As I said on other posts, the way the support rallied round the other night, proves beyond doubt that it can lift the players and at the same time unsettle a very good team who I've no doubt have played in hostile environments before.

Another thread aimed at attacking Rangers fans, I noticed this on another post match podcast I listen to, seems to be fashionable to rip into Bears who’s opinion differs from you.

Mind boggling.
Would the same folk leave an open air concert half way due to the weather?
Leave viewing the Open golf half way thru?

Don't know, but last Sunday was as cold as I have been at Ibrox in many a year.
Govan Front with very little fans in front of me due to the rain/sleet.
Son bailed out and watched the last 15 on tv screens in concourse .
This hardy old pensioner dured it out and drove home soaked.

there’s also generally a far better atmosphere and there’s a lot less subway loyal so you’re probably right mate.

Last edited:
How do you differentiate ? How can you tell who it was for ?
Because, if I recall correctly, the players had pretty much went down the tunnel and it was the officials who were walking off. I could be wrong?

If you’re wondering why I didn’t boo along with the rest of the crowd just for the sake of it, then:

If it was the players the crowd were booing I wouldn’t boo them off the park.

If it was the officials that the crowd were booing then I don’t think there were many bad decisions. I booed already when Alfie got his yellow, and there were a couple of throw ins I thought we should’ve had. But nothing worth booing over. We were our own downfall in that first half.

Not where I was. Told a few round about me they were out of order
Agreed, I think people have their heads in the sand if they think the team wasn’t being booed.
It’s happened for years if we have a bad first half, even in the SPL if we are drawing 0-0 at half time I’ve heard it!
European nights are worse though, you get loads turning up who you don’t see for league games and are bevvied.
in GF6where I am there were quite a few boos along with some choice words for how shite the players were. It was the minority right enough, embarrassing stuff.

Did I miss something that happened just before the break? There were a significant amount of boos on the half time whistle. Surely to god people weren't booing the team?
They were.
Considering our first half performance, We should have applauded to recognise the fact that we were still in the game. :)

Because, if I recall correctly, the players had pretty much went down the tunnel and it was the officials who were walking off. I could be wrong?

If you’re wondering why I didn’t boo along with the rest of the crowd just for the sake of it, then:

If it was the players the crowd were booing I wouldn’t boo them off the park.

If it was the officials that the crowd were booing then I don’t think there were many bad decisions. I booed already when Alfie got his yellow, and there were a couple of throw ins I thought we should’ve had. But nothing worth booing over. We were our own downfall in that first half.

As soon as the whistle went , the booing was instant . All players still on the park .

I spent the entire half time seething, at both the team and the officials. I can take being second best to a better team, I can’t take a team not giving it absolutely everything though. I never boo though, I find it counter productive

I don’t think the fans mind as much when we are getting beating by a class side or when they see effort and passion, Braga are a good side no doubt about it but we gave them most of there chances with bad passing and defending for 60 minutes.

My initial thought was that it was towards the officials. Im sure they gave yet another decision against us just prior.

Dont think it was aimed at the team at all.

I spent the entire half time seething, at both the team and the officials. I can take being second best to a better team, I can’t take a team not giving it absolutely everything though. I never boo though, I find it counter productive

Im the same, never booed the team or our player in my life, it achieves nothing. This guy a few seats along from me is a total throbber, he hates Tav with a passion. Before he took a corner he turned to anyone who would listen and said, “watch this, it will be shite!”
Honestly, with friends like those....

As soon as the whistle went , the booing was instant . All players still on the park .
Oh well then. Not sure why you’ve picked my reply when you could’ve picked any other reply saying it was the officials who were being booed?

Is it because I made it clear that I didn’t join in with the booing? Are you suggesting I should’ve went with the flow and booed regardless? Even though I didn’t know why we were booing. The team don’t deserve to be booed. In fact, after the silence at 0-2 I shouted encouragement to the team. And as for booing the officials, like I said, didn’t think he was worthy of booing.

Oh well then. Not sure why you’ve picked my reply when you could’ve picked any other reply saying it was the officials who were being booed?

Is it because I made it clear that I didn’t join in with the booing? Are you suggesting I should’ve went with the flow and booed regardless? Even though I didn’t know why we were booing. The team don’t deserve to be booed. In fact, after the silence at 0-2 I shouted encouragement to the team. And as for booing the officials, like I said, didn’t think he was worthy of booing.

You were just one of many intimating it was the officials who were being booed . Nothing personal against you .

Gerrard himself has confirmed he heard the abuse from behind the dugout directed at his players .

You were just one of many intimating it was the officials who were being booed . Nothing personal against you .

Gerrard himself has confirmed he heard the abuse from behind the dugout directed at his players .
Fair play, I was just wondering :))

Maybe it was directed at the players then! Certainly heard no one shouting anything obscene from my area in GR3. Maybe the ones behind the dugout think they’re more likely to be heard, and then take it upon themselves to give zero encouragement.

I wasn’t at the game but it was certainly audible on tv. It happened as soon as the whistle for HT blew, so I’m struggling to understand why that would be for the officials. Maybe they were booed as well when they made their way towards the tunnel.
This is my take on it as well . The boos I heard were immediately after the whistle went , both sets of players and officials were on the park.

I've never understood people that go to the games and boo or shout abuse at the players of the team they 'support' surely it would be better to encourage them and actually support them.

I thought it was a mixture of both the officials and the performance. No booing came from around me anyway

Some fans don’t deserve Rangers.

Bit heavy mate. I think peoples emotions are very high just now. Only 2 months ago we beat Celtic at parkhead to literally put us in an Excellent position. Since then we have been stinking. After Kilmarnock on the road home I was sick as a pig. Booing was the least of the things I would have done to them

Another thread aimed at attacking Rangers fans, I noticed this on another post match podcast I listen to, seems to be fashionable to rip into Bears who’s opinion differs from you.
It's all well and good we won because everyone was raging at the time, it's easy to look back in hindsight

It's all well and good we won because everyone was raging at the time, it's easy to look back in hindsight

Spot on, I’d love to see the reaction of those condemning the others if the result and the performance had stayed the same way.

It was towards the team, there were shite and deserved it.

The booing happened as soon as the ref blew his whistle.

Did I miss something that happened just before the break? There were a significant amount of boos on the half time whistle. Surely to god people weren't booing the team?

I don't agree with the boo's on half time and don't do it myself but it happens at alot more stadiums than just ours. I was at the Roma v Bologna game recently. Half time there was a loud boo, worse than anything I have heard at Ibrox. The first two subs that came off got the same treatment. I was surprised at this.

Im the same, never booed the team or our player in my life, it achieves nothing. This guy a few seats along from me is a total throbber, he hates Tav with a passion. Before he took a corner he turned to anyone who would listen and said, “watch this, it will be shite!”
Honestly, with friends like those....
Tav seems to bring the worst out in some. I just don’t get it?

People seem to be trying to go right out of their way to make out it was only the officials that were getting abused. If you are giving the ref or linesman pelters, you don’t do it as soon as the whistle goes.

Booing the team because we are 1 down is wrong on all accounts ffs and there were plenty around me in the SJR doing it and not to the referee.

Back