Booing at HT on Thursday

Another thread aimed at attacking Rangers fans, I noticed this on another post match podcast I listen to, seems to be fashionable to rip into Bears who’s opinion differs from you.

Agreed. The boos, though not many, Were audible from the Copland rear and were aimed at the team. No doubt. It was right on the half time whistle and not when the officials were approaching the tunnel. We were playing like drunk traffic cones at times.

It annoyed me at the time to the point of shouting STFU but our full row was bubbling up with every misplaced two yard pass and I can see how it happened, even when trying to be positive. We’ve been off it since the break and the realisation the league is over the horizon has hit hard.

The post match pod also irked me for some reason even though I didn’t boo, the realities and history of our fans getting our point across is long. It’s not a new thing.

Reactions: hms
Did I miss something that happened just before the break? There were a significant amount of boos on the half time whistle. Surely to god people weren't booing the team?
Saw a good number leave Govan when 2nd Goal went in.

Another thread aimed at attacking Rangers fans, I noticed this on another post match podcast I listen to, seems to be fashionable to rip into Bears who’s opinion differs from you.

When we're 1-0 down at HT to a team as good as Braga in the first leg of our first European knockout tie in a decade and people are booing the team, damn right I'm going to rip into them. Absolute mentally challenged behaviour. It's not that they have a different opinion, I just think manifesting said opinion in that way is an absolute disgrace

Heard of a mates' mate who was watching on tv and switched the game off at half time and didnt find out the score until the next morning :rolleyes:

Tav seems to bring the worst out in some. I just don’t get it?

It's racism. There is literally no other explanation. The folk that sit around me save all of their ire for Tav, Goldson, Aribo, Kamara and Ojo. Any of them misplace a pass by even an inch and they're getting called all sorts.

It's racism. There is literally no other explanation. The folk that sit around me save all of their ire for Tav, Goldson, Aribo, Kamara and Ojo. Any of them misplace a pass by even an inch and they're getting called all sorts.

I didn’t want to say that because pure and simple I hope to god it’s not true.

Never booed the Rangers or Rangers player. To say it made them play better second half load of crap dose not help at all. Believe dose not help.

Absolutely embarrassing and honestly folk who did deserve to be barred and another fan can replace them. Why spend hundreds of £ a season only to act like an idiot?

For those saying it was aimed at the officials despite it occurring straight after the whistle was blown. Let’s not kid ourselves on that our fans can be our worst enemy at times and I hate saying that.

Because, if I recall correctly, the players had pretty much went down the tunnel and it was the officials who were walking off. I could be wrong?

If you’re wondering why I didn’t boo along with the rest of the crowd just for the sake of it, then:

If it was the players the crowd were booing I wouldn’t boo them off the park.

If it was the officials that the crowd were booing then I don’t think there were many bad decisions. I booed already when Alfie got his yellow, and there were a couple of throw ins I thought we should’ve had. But nothing worth booing over. We were our own downfall in that first half.
The booing started as soon as the whistle was sounded. Even look at Gerrard’s comments after the game with absolute clowns shouting abuse at him behind the dugout.

Lot of day trippers and first timers pished at European games remember.
So who does the booing at league games if we're not winning then?

And if there are lots of daytrippers and first timers at European games, is it them who are responsible for the better atmosphere?

A few cat calls and grumbles (more towards the officials)
I think there was an acceptance of how good Braga were.
The wee YouTube videos from bloggers highlight there was no real audible booing

The booing was evident at first I thought this is fcking shocking but then I thought it was directed at the officials

Its easy to come on FF and be pedantic in hindsight. Id wager that at half time on thursday most of our fans were raging. Thats one of the worst halves that ive seen from us this season.

First half we were abject and could have been 3 down.

I wouldn't say a bit of disgust at the performance would have been wildly out-there. Not sure where the "surely to god people weren't booing the team" comes from in the OP. We were keech 1st half and there were periods where we couldnt string two passes together.

Last edited:
I'm actually beginning to think the biggest problem is the eternal smug threads about how bad the support is at Ibrox.

I did boo at HT on Thursday and it was directed at the officials who were doing my box in because we are being pulled from pillar to post by a really good Braga team and he was giving them stonewall throws that should be ours, amongst other pish uneven decisions.

Booing your own team is a pretty unhelpful behaviour but it only rarely happens at Ibrox. The bigger problem are the fans, some of whom might be complaining in here, sitting on their hands for 90 minutes not making a peep. I must be the only one that sings in my section. That's supporting the team.

I'm actually beginning to think the biggest problem is the eternal smug threads about how bad the support is at Ibrox.

I did boo at HT on Thursday and it was directed at the officials who were doing my box in because we are being pulled from pillar to post by a really good Braga team and he was giving them stonewall throws that should be ours, amongst other pish uneven decisions.

Booing your own team is a pretty unhelpful behaviour but it only rarely happens at Ibrox. The bigger problem are the fans, some of whom might be complaining in here, sitting on their hands for 90 minutes not making a peep. I must be the only one that sings in my section. That's supporting the team.
I dont sing mate,there to watch football

Too many seem to forget where we were only a few years ago. Braga were sensational at times. Booing was a joke.

Me too. Don't think it was the players that were booed.

Can the players tell the difference though?

I heard it and it didn't last long, but my first thought was that it was towards the players before I thought maybe it was the officials.

If players hear boos as they're going off and we're getting beat 2-0, do they automatically assume it's at the officials?

I’ve been going to Ibrox for 40 odd years and whenever the first half isn’t going our way there are always a few background boos..I don’t think it’s anything other than a habit folk have.
Just a wee tradition they have before heading down for their pie and bovril.

I’ve been going to Ibrox for 40 odd years and whenever the first half isn’t going our way there are always a few background boos..I don’t think it’s anything other than a habit folk have.
Just a wee tradition they have before heading down for their pie and bovril.

The booing at HT has been happening as long as I can remember, usually after a crap first half and we're losing but sometimes at 0-0.

Playing against a decent team who beaten Porto, Benfica and Sporting.

We aren't playing against St Joseph's anymore.

Imagine aresholes given Gerrard pelters behind the dugout?

We have some amount of arseholes in our support.

It was towards the officials, as the players had already vacated the pitch before it started
The players were still on the pitch, the booing started as soon as the whistle went. I took it as being directed towards the players as normally any booing of officials doesn’t start until the players are off the pitch and it’s only the officials left on the park.

Deserved to be booed off the park no fcking excuses fcking discusted,bunch of over paid fcking losers

Back