Booing of our players taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe we can get 14 pages of people arguing this and doing mental gymnastics to try and justify why they can’t just let the players make what ever statement they so choose.

A bunch of middle aged white guys pontificating about what is and isn’t racism is as preposterous as it is irrelevant.

"A bunch of middle aged white guys"?

Ageist, sexist and racist.

I think taking the knee is a pointless political gesture that has went on too long and is now being devisive, but i go to watch and support Rangers, booing won't ever help our team win which is the most important thing
We can all have our own opinions but when you go to watch Rangers support the team so don't boo and if you believe your opinion is more important than the team winning you're wrong
Support the team it's all that matters

clearly the team has chosen to take the knee
so the choices should be support the move or be silent
otherwise people are not supporting them

I won't boo our players however i do not agree with taking the knee and will arrive at Ibrox just after kickoff while they continue to do it, as I don't want any part of it.
Maybe I'm a knuckle dragging racist? Or maybe it's because I grew up in Bradford on a street where there was only one other white family, went to a school that was 70% non white and have been subjected to anti white racism as a child (yes that actually exists) I know it's different demographics in Glasgow but it's a national issue.

It's the virtue signalling aspect that gets me. It's supposed to be about racial equality however I've never heard any player that takes the knee talk about kneeling in solidarity with the thousands of white girls that are racially groomed and used and abused by Pakistani men.
I stand against all forms of racism, however some racism is clearly more important than others.

Personally, I’m not sure what is ‘ramming my opinions down your throat’ or stating ‘my opinion is more valuable than yours’

Don’t come to Ibrox and boo our players for taking the knee, if you don’t agree with it, fair enough, but just shut the %^*& up and think about something else for 10 seconds.
By the way, I never booed it. But it is the right of everyone to have their say. The boo boys and the kneelers. When you start telling people how to think and not to protest that is when you become quite frankly a fascist...and look what they did for race relations.

There was a guy behind us in the Club Deck who, I kid you not, was only heard 3 times during the whole match…

1. Booing the players taking the knee before shouting something about Marxism.
2. A solo rendition of “here lies a soldier…”.
3. Joined in extremely loud and proud with God Save the Queen.

Sadly there’s some in our support who don’t come along to support Rangers the football team.
What do you find wrong with number 3?

Do you think those that Boo are helping or hindering Rangers?
They won't care. It'll be considered an act of defiance to go against the wishes of the players and the club.
We have fans that seem to revel in the club having negative publicity. With the current issue of racism in the UK after the events of the Euros the spotlight on any negativity from the support will be even greater. No one is gonna give these bams any credit for booing the players. Of course our enemies will love it.
Its utter madness.

This simply needs to stop. Anyone booing is a clown. You aren’t booing a cause, you aren’t booing some nonsense about Marxism or any other mental nonsense you believe it to represent. You are booing a Rangers player.

it’s a small minority but one that brings shame to the club.
It’s nothing to do with booing a Rangers player
What an absolute stupid thing to come out with.

clearly the team has chosen to take the knee
so the choices should be support the move or be silent
otherwise people are not supporting them
Thats the point i was trying to get across, support the team, cant do that by booing them, it's not hard to keep quiet for a few seconds

I'll ask again, you know this how?
Also, assuming you're correct, how does this justify not letting people with different opinions into Ibrox?
Because they do it? Why would they do it if they don’t support it? I don’t quite understand the question. Gerrard has said the club will support whatever the players want to do and they clearly want to take the knee, therefore they support it.

Sorry but I haven’t said anywhere they shouldn’t be allowed into the stadium, check my posts. I said they would be unwanted by the majority of fans and the club and wouldn’t boo in front of Gerrard or the players. I didn’t say they shouldn’t be able to get in.

I ultimately agree it’s counterproductive, which is why I wouldn’t choose to boo, but I equally wouldn’t boo a team for playing poorly.

I don’t feel it’s a simple case of people who support taking the knee being virtuous, and those who don’t are dirty racists. There’s a lot more nuance to it than that, and polarising the argument is every bit as counterproductive, in my eyes at least.
Definitely I think we are in agreement. Ideally we wouldn't be in a world when the players felt such gestures were necessary but they do and I think they deserve our full backing on it or at least the dignity of not being booed. Nobody is being asked to support it or even clap. Silence is all it takes.

Its a debate for off the football field, the players have asked for our backing and I hope the majority will continue to give them it.

I’m willing to bet if anyone at the ground booed and when asked why replied about Marxism, they’d probably not even know what that means.
Which tells you that combatting Marxism clearly isn’t something they’re interested in or know much about and therefore they’re uncomfortable with the gesture for some other reason.

I’m sorry but if you boo (not saying you do, I don’t know) but hypothetically, if you boo, no one at the club would want you at Ibrox. From top to bottom.
I don't boo. I don't want the boo boys out either. I am not arrogant enough to believe that I can tell them what to think. Show me a racist however and I will applaud you as you remove him from the ground on behalf of us all. I will even hold the door open for you.

For the folk talking shite about Marxism, why don’t you stop for a minute and think about it from the players perspective?
The problem lies with BLM being a Marxist/Communist organisation. The problems are many many of their views from wanting to defund the Police, Wanting to completely change how we live today by breaking up the nuclear family. Just last week they are on the streets of America burning the stars and stripes while hailing the Cuba flag. It is such a hard organisation to get on board with imo and that will be why people dont like others taking the knee.

Also we have seen what the UK BLM thinks with one of their main persons in the UK Sasha Johnson's famous tweet.
EgXuaxrWkAAYeEV.jpg
I wouldnt boo our players taking the knee (Our players have had far far worse abuse directed at them than boo's over the years ffs, You gotta feel for Charlie Adam the abuse he used to take far worse than a few boo's) but id much rather we stopped as what does taking such a political stance before 90mins of football actually achieve?

How often in this country have we had rammed down our throats religion and politics have no place in football?

If only there was an official club policy or programme that promoted an 'Everyone, Anyone' ethos. If so, we wouldn't need to source third party gestures from distant organisations and movements with historically questionable ideological associations.

If the players want to do it we should respect that but we should have stood right behind our own clubs' campaign from the very start on this issue imo.

Our players choose to take part in this to continue to demonstrate their view of racial inequality. If you want to boo them when they do it, you have a problem. If you want to dance on the head of a pin by saying you are booing the gesture but not the person carrying out the gesture, then you may convince yourself, but I won’t be buying that.

Rangers fans booing Rangers players before a game even starts is shameful. If you don’t like it, keep your mouth closed at the game and write a letter to someone.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to be Glen Kamara and hear your own fans booing at that moment.

The problem lies with BLM being a Marxist/Communist organisation. The problems are many many of their views from wanting to defund the Police, Wanting to completely change how we live today by breaking up the nuclear family. Just last week they are on the streets of America burning the stars and stripes while hailing the Cuba flag. It is such a hard organisation to get on board with imo and that will be why people dont like others taking the knee.

Also we have seen what the UK BLM thinks with one of their main persons in the UK Sasha Johnson's famous tweet.
EgXuaxrWkAAYeEV.jpg
I wouldnt boo our players taking the knee (Our players have had far far worse abuse directed at them than boo's over the years ffs, You gotta feel for Charlie Adam the abuse he used to take far worse than a few boo's) but id much rather we stopped as what does taking such a political stance before 90mins of football actually achieve?

How often in this country have we had rammed down our throats religion and politics have no place in football?

When did we sign her?

I ultimately agree it’s counterproductive, which is why I wouldn’t choose to boo, but I equally wouldn’t boo a team for playing poorly.

I don’t feel it’s a simple case of people who support taking the knee being virtuous, and those who don’t are dirty racists. There’s a lot more nuance to it than that, and polarising the argument is every bit as counterproductive, in my eyes at least.

You're in a football stadium, it's not really the place for nuance.

The players have explained their reasons repeatedly. You can't separate booing the action and booing the individual. When you boo, you're booing Conor Goldson, for example.

An element of the support don't care. We've seen that in Europe.

Not a fan of the gesture due to its connections with far left wing political organisation Black Lives Matter. However the players are saying it’s not to do with this organisation. Genuinely think it shouldn’t be done, as I’m not a fan of things like crossing yourself or doing huddles either. I’m not going to boo the players, but I have both sympathies for the players that are victims of racist abuse and also for the fans that are against this gesture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back