Then I'll be your guardian and your defender
Just keep believing and never surrender

Success is assured when I'm on your side
I've blessed the Rangers and I am their guide
Just never forget that your faith is the key
And that the Gateway to Greatness was opened by me"

ItsInTheNet
Love it.

Not long home after spending a cracking afternoon in the company of IITN and for a brief time with @Stez64 .

Was great to see you both gentlemen. :cool:

Sat myself down with a coffee and opened the book up to discover the late, great Johnny 'The Penalty King' Hubbard's son Raymond has written a really lovely foreward in it.

No wish to spoil this for anyone but the foreward and first couple of poems already are quite superb.

A book about Rangers, in rhyme and full with love of our club.

Will definitely be reading a few more before the night is out. :cool:

Congratulations @ItsInTheNet on the release of this tremendous book and I wish you every success in this chapter of your life.

Good luck Sir.

Not long home after spending a cracking afternoon in the company of IITN and for a brief time with @Stez64 .

Sat myself down with a coffee and opened the book up to discover the late, great Johnny 'The Penalty King' Hubbard's son Raymond has written a really lovely foreward in it.

No wish to spoil this for anyone but the foreward and first couple of poems already are quite superb.

Congratulations @ItsInTheNet on the release of this tremendous book and I wish you every success in this chapter of your life.

Good luck Sir.
It was a pleasure mate....
Hope your book sells well @ItsInTheNet

It's also good to put faces to names

Wee bump

2wee0q0.jpg

Last edited:
My big pal E10H travelled all the way from the East end with the book.
A fantastic read and a big thanks to the big fella and Billy.
Absolutely appreciated.
NS.

Hope you draw the greatest of strength in the coming weeks from a book filled with love and passion mate.

Don't you dare give up, loads of us rooting for your good health.

Get the battle fever on.

Majestic Rangers, you inspire me.
How I love the way you play, and fight
Invading my mind day and through the night,
Always dreaming about fifty five.

Let me compare you to a fighting lion?
You are more biting, glorious and big.
High breeze flaps the shadows of our glorious stands,
As poignant melody whilstles through the bands.

How do I love you? Let me count the ways.
I love your loyalty and your majestic people.
We are superior through all of the days.
And the first fifty four were merely a prequel.

Now I must away with a sublime heart,
As I dream about future glories.

2 weeks until Christmas folks.

A beautiful gift for any Bear or Bearette in your life.

Cannot recommend this book highly enough.

For a fiver, or 16 p a poem :cool:

After much encouragement from many supporters and also posters on this forum I have written a book of poems which has now been published and will shortly be available for sale.

The book is entitled ' We Are The People ' and consists of 31 poems over 42 pages.

34o26wn.jpg

The price of the book is £5 and Post & Package is £1.50 for delivery in the UK.

Email Itsinthenet@hotmail.com

Pay by Paypal www.paypal.me/ItsInTheNet
Ordered tonight, can't wait for the postman.

After much encouragement from many supporters and also posters on this forum I have written a book of poems which has now been published and will shortly be available for sale.

The book is entitled ' We Are The People ' and consists of 31 poems over 42 pag
34o26wn.jpg

The price of the book is £5 and Post & Package is £1.50 for delivery in the UK.

Email Itsinthenet@hotmail.com

Pay by Paypal www.paypal.me/ItsInTheNet

Sat myself down with a coffee and opened the book up to discover the late, great Johnny 'The Penalty King' Hubbard's son Raymond has written a really lovely foreword in it.

Good luck Sir.

Update on things...

Thank you E1OH and I would like to publicly thank Raymond Hubbard for his lovely foreword in the book and the wonderful afternoon I just spent with him talking about all things Rangers.

Fantastic company which was in keeping with the exceptional grace of his dear beloved late father.Class indeed!

Overwhelmed and caught somewhat by surprise at the demand for the book. I have only a handful of books left.

Now taking advanced orders to gauge how many I need to order so as not to disappoint. The next batch of books will not be available until January.

Thank you all.

We Are The People!

Update on things...

Thank you E1OH and I would like to publicly thank Raymond Hubbard for his lovely foreword in the book and the wonderful afternoon I just spent with him talking about all things Rangers.

Fantastic company which was in keeping with the exceptional grace of his dear beloved late father.Class indeed!

Overwhelmed and caught somewhat by surprise at the demand for the book. I have only a handful of books left.

Now taking advanced orders to gauge how many I need to order so as not to disappoint. The next batch of books will not be available until January.

Thank you all.

We Are The People!
Well done mate

Update on things...

Thank you all.

We Are The People!

Top post.

Raymond Hubbard does indeed sound like a chip off the old block and his wording is very eloquent.

Hope his words inspire you further, the praise offered to you is deserved absolutely.

It's a beautiful wee book to own.

Well done on being only a few copies away from the sell out of your 1st batch of books IITN. :cool:

Congratulations Sir.

Sure Bears will snap up the last couple before Xmas.

Gateway to Greatness

The Gateway to Greatness leads to our training centre
Only those who love Rangers are beckoned to enter
Where visions of glory await every player
Who pull on the jersey and utter this prayer

"Oh Lord give me strength that I may one day
Run out for the first team at Ibrox to play
In front of the greatest support in the world
As the 55th league title flag is unfurled

It'll be a privilege to play for the team I adore
To hear the fans sing, to hear them all roar
As I put the ball in the back of the net
And come off the field without one regret"

The Lord answered back, "Son here's what to do
Have faith in your dreams until your debut
Then I'll be your guardian and your defender
Just keep believing and never surrender

Success is assured when I'm on your side
I've blessed the Rangers and I am their guide
Just never forget that your faith is the key
And that the Gateway to Greatness was opened by me"

ItsInTheNet
This should be up on the wall at Auchenhowie.

Top post.

Raymond Hubbard does indeed sound like a chip off the old block and his wording is very eloquent.

Hope his words inspire you further, the praise offered to you is deserved absolutely.

It's a beautiful wee book to own.

Well done on being only a few copies away from the sell out of your 1st batch of books IITN. :cool:

Congratulations Sir.

Sure Bears will snap up the last couple before Xmas.

Thank you. Only two books now left!

If anyone is going to Ibrox tomorrow and wants to buy the last 2 books drop me a pm and we can arrange to meet before the game. WATP!

Update.. the book is currently sold out. Last books being posted out today.Will be receiving more in January. Thanks to all for the great response.

We Are The People!

Last edited:
Finally got that bit of time to read through your wee book IITN.

My son and I received our copies on Boxing Day while up for the Hibs game and it's a big thank you to E10H, for our wee Christmas pressies and to you IITN, for signing them.

As for the poems, as I've said to you before IITN, you have a gift that is hard to beat when it comes to putting into words, in the form of poetry, the events that surround our great football club.

You, IITN capture the moments that are so dear to us, splendidly.

From the tragedies that have befallen our dear club, to the great occasions that have given us so much pleasure throughout our illustrious history.

You really have captured them all immensely.

The Gates Of Ibrox is still the one that resonates with me in so many different ways, but others like Lament for the Sixty Six and We Are The People to name but two, along with the others it has to be said, are so thought fulfilling and capture the imagination of the moments in a way, only you can.

They are all fantastic poems IITN, a book you can be so proud of and let me finish by just saying, thank you for offering us the opportunity to have them all in one book.

Great Stuff.

Love the last poem also. (When the Wait Is Over)

55 is coming home............

WATP.

Finally got that bit of time to read through your wee book IITN.

My son and I received our copies on Boxing Day while up for the Hibs game and it's a big thank you to E10H, for our wee Christmas pressies and to you IITN, for signing them.

As for the poems, as I've said to you before IITN, you have a gift that is hard to beat when it comes to putting into words, in the form of poetry, the events that surround our great football club.

You, IITN capture the moments that are so dear to us, splendidly.

From the tragedies that have befallen our dear club, to the great occasions that have given us so much pleasure throughout our illustrious history.

You really have captured them all immensely.

The Gates Of Ibrox is still the one that resonates with me in so many different ways, but others like Lament for the Sixty Six and We Are The People to name but two, along with the others it has to be said, are so thought fulfilling and capture the imagination of the moments in a way, only you can.

They are all fantastic poems IITN, a book you can be so proud of and let me finish by just saying, thank you for offering us the opportunity to have them all in one book.

Great Stuff.

Love the last poem also. (When the Wait Is Over)

55 is coming home............

WATP.

Thank you @blueismycolour for such a lovely post. I'm beyond pleased that you enjoyed reading the book.

It's been a pleasure and a privilege beyond mere words in writing each and every poem. No small thanks to the inspiration that comes from reading some of the posts on Follow Follow from posters such as yourself who love our club immensely. That never fails to move me.

The wait will soon be over. Of that I'm sure!

God Bless The Rangers!

k9gu0x.gif

Last edited:
Back