Boozer next to Kelvingrove Art Gallery?

SM™

Staff member
Don't normally do this but I'm getting dragged out against my will tomorrow. Wife and kids going to Kelvingrove. Agreed with her that I can piss off for a couple of hours to see the game on TV. Where's the nearest that isn't an IRA shop?

Don't normally do this but I'm getting dragged out against my will tomorrow. Wife and kids going to Kelvingrove. Agreed with her that I can piss off for a couple of hours to see the game on TV. Where's the nearest that isn't an IRA shop?
Underground from Kelvin Hall to Buchanan St. Auctioneers two minutes walk from there. Or underground from KH to Ibrox. Louden.

Islay, Park and Snaffle Bit will be the three closest I reckon, don’t think any will be Celtic shops, no idea how Bear friendly or otherwise they are though. Imagine all would be fairly neutral.

Bag o nails, 5 mins walk mate. Just across from kelvinhall underground. Watched a couple of games this season in there and no sign of Timothy. Decent beers too.

Being tee-total I have zero knowledge of pubs. Only know the Louden because it's in front of you as you step out of the underground. Never been in it. Probably never will be!
Get yourself in and enjoy a coke and a free pie or two. The atmosphere when a game is on can be as good as being at the match.

Both the Bag O'Nails and Quarter Gill are "neutral" but when a game is on there will be more Bears in. The Victoria is 100% a Bears pub and is a little bit closer to you than. However Gallus is closest to you and although I do not watch games in there it will I think be neutral. Certainly not a tim-shop.

DO NOT go into the Dolphin or The Smiddy.

Unfortunately no. Best I can tell you, it is now a very good Spanish tapas restaurant with a nice pint of Estrella Galicia. Otherwise walk to Partick

You are shitting me? they have Estrella Galicia!! fk me been trying to get this ever since I came back from Spain a few months ago. /bow - thank you.

Had the wee man through there today to see dippy for his birthday in the place half an hour paid for 3 hours parking £4.80 RIP off

I would go to gallus or bag o nails for the fitba. 5 minute walk.

I like the Islay but they don't always show the games.

Cheers guys. The kid will have loads of birthdays. Hearts v Rangers live on 20th April in a meaningless end of season piss-fest only happens once!

1 stop along in underground to Partick mate and the Windsor, Victoria or Stumps are all Gers boozers within spitting distance of Partick subway station.

What was the name of the pub just down from where yorkhill hospital was, don’t think it’s there anymore ... haven’t been up that way for ages , was open late 90s .

Bag o nails, 5 mins walk mate. Just across from kelvinhall underground. Watched a couple of games this season in there and no sign of Timothy. Decent beers too.
To be fair those pubs are only a 5 minute walk from the Kelvinhall underground station to;)

Back