Boring routine unexciting no fuss home wins

2 of them already.

Look back to the seasons in "the good old days" when we used to get threads in here complaining not enough excitement, and we won but it was boring.

Games like tonight and Sunday are exactly what title winning teams do on a regular basis.

I'm hoping for plenty more of this kind of boredom between now and next May.
Winning is everything for Rangers, as it has always been and as it always should be.
However a wee bit of entertainment isn't too much to ask for, surely?
I can't say I've "enjoyed" much of the season so far. We've scored some good goals and generally been in control of our games but, Aribo apart, there's been a distinct lack of flair.
We've had three 6/10 performances so far in the league.

The team is winning comfortably but IMO nowhere near top gear. When we’re fully match sharp and the new recruits are integrated I think our games will be anything but boring. My only worry this season is a null and void if they’re deemed to be far behind - on the park we’re superior, especially defensively, I mean Barasic v Greg Taylor, Tav v Frimpong, it’s not even a contest. If Kent and Aribo can start out scoring no-neck and McGregor (which they will) we’re golden.

Glad to have them back.

It’s nice to be away from my Post-Warburton Stress Disorder, or PWSD for short, where I looked away every time the opposition had a free kick or corner.

We used to do this all the time, i'll start worrying when we drop points but so far so good and we look quite comfortable.

3 games in and looking good, would be happy with these "routine" wins all season but still very early days......

I just hope that is us now getting back to the stage where there are no banana skins against these diddy teams when playing them at Ibrox.

Fear factor was lost a long time ago, and too often teams out with Celtic have come to Ibrox with their tails up and frustrated the life out of us. So much so, that confidence in getting a solid victory before the game started was pretty rare.

With the squad available to us now, I think we are moving to a better place in putting teams to the sword at home, which is how it should be.

Remember when I was a silly wee boy and I moaned about a game we were winning being boring. My dad nearly ripped my head off.

A win is a win.

We'd be stupid to ignore the fact that if you take your foot off it's not easy to switch up. All it takes is the opposition to get a goal, get their tails up and with our refs it could be a very different story.
As the manager says we have to keep the standard up for the entire game.
Energy and passion for ninety minutes, Rangers.

It's the type of win we have been lacking for years and years, and I'm delighted to see it back. Last season our wins were either electric blowouts or much dodgier than they needed to be 1-0s. Winning was either brilliant or nerve-wracking, but it wasn't a routine.

That's the part that wins championships. It's only 3 games in so no getting carried away, and we haven't proven it to be a habit yet, but there's something different about this sort of win that fulls me with a confidence I haven't felt in a while. Remains to be seen if we can keep it up, especially away from home, but it's encouraging.

Back