Borna Barasic

He has the heart of a mouse and is a liability ,never a Rangers LB and ive seen plenty .

If he was playing for a hearts ,hibs etc no one would bat an eyelid ,games pass him by ,a very very ordinary football player .

We wll get back what we paid at least due to his national presence and scoring at that level .

But he's pish

At the start of the season he'd have been lining up to take one of those free kicks. Today...he was a million miles away from wanting to hit one .

He is no use to us. Cash in and move on.

Just posted this in the match thread

What a coward Barisic is, what annoys me most about him today is not the fact he lost Burke for the 1st, or that he gave away a penalty for the second. But when O'Donnell ran up to him after the penalty was awarded and started waving his finger in his face and giving him pelters for something. Borna just sat there with a blank look on his face like a lost little boy. this guy doesnt have it. bin ASAP

People can have bad games, I can forgive that, what i cant forgive is just rolling over and giving up, especially against an opponent that will run till they drop against us. Need to have the will to win.

I thought we were signing a warrior after his performances against us, alas it appears he has the heart of a mouse. Just not cut out for the Scottish game. We should if we can try to cut our losses & get him sold he simply won’t do.

Got knocked on his arse by the wee winger straight from the kick off a d the look on his face said it all for me.An absolute chancer

What does he actually offer? He can't defend and offers absolutely %^*& all going forward.

A total waste of money who just wont cut it.

Difficult to understand his situation. A Croatian international player that we see playing like an amateur time after time. The only conclusion must be that he doesn’t want to be at Ibrox. Hope we get our money back or suffer just a small loss.
Could be a makeweight in a deal with Osijek for their striker Maric?

You dont get anywhere near that Croatia team without having some ability mate. He has something about him he just doesn't want to get involved in the hustle and bustle of the physical game here in Scotland.

He can barely find a man. It's painful watching him.

Maybe Croatia just don't have any good back up left backs, so he gets that role.

When you sign a player based on the back of a good 90 minutes at Ibrox, what can you expect?

A rash, rushed signing which led to even more shite coming in. Appalling.

People need to stop peddling this pish. If anyone genuinely believes he was signed solely based on Osijek's games against us, then surely the whole scouting team should be handed their jotters.

He’s got to be away this summer surely? What a monumental waste of money. An absolute shitebag of a football player.

Pop off to Croatia for your holidays and stay there, save all of our eyes from extra bleeding next year.
Would love to say you're talking shite, unfortunately you have hit the nail on the head.

We need a left-back and Barisic is not the answer. Nice left foot but lacks the drive and will to win a Rangers player must have. Flanagan has done well there defensively but holds us up when we go forward because he needs to get the ball onto his right foot. Save money. Sell Barisic. Sell Grezda. There has been interest from clubs in Europe so it will generate decent money. Halliday has been a revelation when played at LB. He has good pace, good height, good ball control, is a good tackler, provides balance and reads the game well.

We need a left-back and Barisic is not the answer. Nice left foot but lacks the drive and will to win a Rangers player must have. Flanagan has done well there defensively but holds us up when we go forward because he needs to get the ball onto his right foot. Save money. Sell Barisic. Sell Grezda. There has been interest from clubs in Europe so it will generate decent money. Halliday has been a revelation when played at LB. He has good pace, good height, good ball control, is a good tackler, provides balance and reads the game well.

He's been here a full season and I've seen this nice left foot a grand total of twice.

Has to go hes not interested at least should get a decent fee for him

He wasnt at fault for the first, that's just mental. He is going up the park and we lose the ball behind him, nothing to do with him. The penalty, yip 100% to blame. Whether the boy goes down easy or not it was a blatant tug so it's a penalty, the same as we should have had.

I'm not totally against him staying, think he is a good player but doesn't quite fit in our system to get the best out of him at the moment. Croatian international, we will get at least our money back for him should he go. Not the worst player for us today though.

Surprisingly weak physically for a Croatian and a relatively poor footballer. I had high hopes for both he and grezeda but they are lazy sullen and a bit feckless.

Cash in on him? If we can get some of our money back I'd be happy. Him, and other signings like him(no need to name names as its depressing as fuk) are why we are signing so many Bosmans, loanees and bargain basement types.

I’ve never been impressed with him in a Rangers shirt. Has a decent level of technical ability, no more than that and puts in less than minimal effort.

Mad that up until a couple of weeks ago we had loads of fans insisting he’d be our first choice left back for years to come.

He wasnt at fault for the first, that's just mental. He is going up the park and we lose the ball behind him, nothing to do with him. The penalty, yip 100% to blame. Whether the boy goes down easy or not it was a blatant tug so it's a penalty, the same as we should have had.

I'm not totally against him staying, think he is a good player but doesn't quite fit in our system to get the best out of him at the moment. Croatian international, we will get at least our money back for him should he go. Not the worst player for us today though.
He was at fault for the first made very little effort to get back and stop Burke.

I was prepared to give him until January next season but he is useless to us. No doubt he could cut it somewhere else but he’s no good to us

I'm not going to start slagging a Rangers player off, some of the rhetoric in here is embarrassing (and so much for the forum rules...). However up until today I still expected him to start the next season in possession of the jersey. We invested in him and there is definitely a player in there, and there's a strong argument that he's not had a crack of the whip with the injuries this season. But I think it's clear now that we're unlikely to see him turn up in a Rangers shirt with the desire, drive and aggression that we expect from a Rangers left back. So on balance if we can move him on in the summer then I think it might be best for all concerned.

Him and Grezda will go down as 2 of the worst signings we have ever made, millions splurged at a time when spending money wisely is absolute crucial.

He doesn’t look interested at all, he should be punted at the first opportunity, knowing is it will be at a huge loss.

They have a fair way to go before they match Pena and Herrera.

He just doesnt suit scottish football and its obvious he doesnt fancy it either.
We have had plenty players post souness that the same applys to.
Best calling it a day with him and grezda.
Need to trim the squad and get rid of the deadwood from warburton , pedro and some of SG.
We have all watched Rangers enough over the years to work out very quickly what foreigners will adapt.

I have defended Borna all season. My big mate can't stand him. If we get our money back on him I'll take it.

Think folk are being harsh on the first - he blame is kamara’s for getting caught in an awful position on the ball. Then it was a great pass to Burke. Barasic was clearly playing up the field where he was expected to be. My only knock on him was him claiming for offside as opposed to running full pelt to get back.

The penalty was a harsh decision but using that terrible phrase, he did give the ref a decision to make.

However, all that said, he does look like a lost boy at times considering he’s a Croatian internationalist. He seems to have lost any confidence he ever had. I don’t think we’ve got time to see if he’ll adapt - try and get some cash back and buy a new left back. I’m certain there are some in Scotland that could do a better job

They have a fair way to go before they match Pena and Herrera.
I can live with them to a degree, both were active Mexican internationals and Pena for all his faults was a great finisher and had the ability to find space. Fact is Herrera scored as many goals as grezda and cost half as much, Pena has scored more than barisic and grezda combined in about 8 appearances.

To think what 2 million could have been better spent on instead of him

Can we get realistic and realise that we should be getting at least the vast majority of that back even IF he is sold.

Jeez folk make it sound like he's another Pena and in rehab rather than the croatian national team!

He seemingly doesn't want to be a Rangers player.

Performances since his 1st injury have been pathetic.

Type of player who will look good in a country like France or Hollandso should get a profit on him ,our game frightens him so best he goes and if Flanagan carries on how he left of win for everybody.
Our foray into central Europe bought 3 1katic a excellent buy , Barasic sell no heart and Grezda would like to see him with a preseason just something about him give him to Christmas .

He might not be good enough, but imagine blaming him for the first goal when it was clearly Kamara's mistake (not for the first time).

I wanted to give the guy a chance but he really is a shitebag with no heart or desire to fight for our club

Need to offload him and hopefully his pal Grezda

We will definitely well to get our money back on these guys

You dont get anywhere near that Croatia team without having some ability mate. He has something about him he just doesn't want to get involved in the hustle and bustle of the physical game here in Scotland.

It was well documented at the WC that they have struggled for left backs and it was a problem area for them especially since Stirnic I think that's the guy was retiring or was the only real quality option they had and subsequently had to look at options closer to home to solve the issue.

For me the lad is a homeboy who can't cope with the demands of playing outside his own Country and at 26 years old I can see why he wasn't taken by anyone else and I mean including other European Clubs before us although he flopped at Dinamo Zagreb before going out on loan before a return to Osijek.

I've also looked at his statistics barely 150 games in his career at his age is embarrassing not to mention he has a long history of injury issues and he's a former winger turned full back which explains his poor defensive side to his game.

In summary we didn't do our homework on Barisic and we have been sold a flop and we urgently need to move him on.

I think he is a far better player than he gets credit for and I'll go as far as to say he is too good for Scottish football, he's a footballer player that is not suited to our shitty league.

I hope he stays and as we get better he will also get better.

Back