Borna Barišić

He’s been excellent from the off this season. Hasn’t put a foot wrong and has looked positive for the full 90 minutes in all 3 games.

Reminds me of Craig Moore in terms of the turnaround. Went from being utterly hopeless to a top class player almost overnight. So important to us and how we play.

My current favourite player. An absolute machine with incredible skill. He’s turned up for Rangers at the highest levels we’ve played at in recent years. In Europe and against them, his class has shone through. Love to see him score too!

He’s been excellent from the off this season. Hasn’t put a foot wrong and has looked positive for the full 90 minutes in all 3 games.
How’s his English? Does he do many interviews? I’d quite like to hear him speak after matches. Key player and looks much better defensively - once him and Kent properly click I think we’re in for a treat.

Glad I defended him while he was getting dogs abuse every week, means I can be a smug bastard and say “ah told ye so”.

tenor.gif

We had Caldow, Robertson Numan and now Barisic, all top class,we should acknowledge how good this lad is, up there with the best we've had Not forgetting Mathieson of course

How’s his English? Does he do many interviews? I’d quite like to hear him speak after matches. Key player and looks much better defensively - once him and Kent properly click I think we’re in for a treat.
His English is good. Heard him doing a few interviews before. I kinda like it that he prefers to do his talking on the pitch instead of giving interviews for the media to slant to suit their agenda,

His English is good. Heard him doing a few interviews before. I kinda like it that he prefers to do his talking on the pitch instead of giving interviews for the media to slant to suit their agenda,
RTV doesn’t have an agenda surely?!

happy for him to do his talking on this pitch.

If that we nugget teirny went to a team like arsenal for 25m I’d expect Borna to go to a better team in the epl for more

I don’t ever think I’ve seen such a change mentally in a player. His swagger is immense. Said it before but he’s up there with the best crossers of a ball we’ve had.

What a player he has turned out to be I’ll be honest at the start I was one of his biggest critics and thought we should have got rid of him, thankfully though that’s why I’m not a manager solid defensively and deadly at set pieces him and Kent look to have a brilliant partnership.

I’m enjoying my humble pie.
He has everything you’d want in a modern full back

His free kick at St Mirren was a thing of beauty, never really looked back since then has he.

That goal was the making of him as a Rangers player.

I met him on great western road a few hours after that game and went up to congratulate him so I reckon I gave him the confidence boost he needed and have a part to play in his form since then.

That’s a joke before I get torn to shreds btw :D

If he keeps up this level then he will race past Alfie as our most valuable asset.

Croatias first choice lb
Wand of a left peg
Handsome bastard.

Bidding starts at 25m

I wish tav would get beyond his opposing full back the same way Borna does. So frustrating when we are breaking at pace and tav checks his run.

It’s mental to say this as Numan was something else but if Borna keeps it up then there might be a time people aren’t saying “the best left back since Numan”

I already think Barašić is better than Numan was for us.

But, then again, Papac is my favourite left-back!

What a player he has turned out to be I’ll be honest at the start I was one of his biggest critics and thought we should have got rid of him, thankfully though that’s why I’m not a manager solid defensively and deadly at set pieces him and Kent look to have a brilliant partnership.

I’m enjoying my humble pie.

What gets me is like u say I am not a manager or a coach but we all seem Borna was a player back 26 months ago and it took him time but you knew there was a player their a bit like Fleck to be fair I just seen a player

He isn’t better until a medal is in his locker mate - just a opinion

No what you’re saying, but not a fair comparison as Numan was part of an exceptionally strong Rangers team that, for a period, played some of the best football I’ve ever seen.

To be even having this chat, shows how important Barašić has become, though!

Was confident the free kick was going in before he had hit it, breath of fresh air to have that confidence in a player nowadays

Right now my biggest fear is losing borna more than any other first team player, what he gives us cannot be replaced without spending a crazy amount of cash.

I've always been a Borna believer. He did go through a difficult period after his transfer to Rangers coming to grips with the way football is played in the SPL, and predictably, we heard the tired old '...he's never good enough ...' bleatings from some on this forum. I had always urged patience with Borna. A guy who is an established fullback for Croatia - one of international football's top sides - is more than good enough to play and to flourish at Rangers.

Then suddenly he turned it all around and we began to see the quality in his game that was always there, and he hasn't looked back ever since.

There is much talk of if and when Morelos leaves, if I was a betting man, I'd wager that in his current form Borna might be first out the door.

Back