Borna Barišić

What a player he has turned out to be I’ll be honest at the start I was one of his biggest critics and thought we should have got rid of him, thankfully though that’s why I’m not a manager solid defensively and deadly at set pieces him and Kent look to have a brilliant partnership.

I’m enjoying my humble pie.

Certain players struggle adapting to the physicality of the game up here. It’s fair to say Borna fell into that category. What a player he is now though. Don’t like comparing our players to theirs but for me he is head and shoulders above Tierney and could play for any team in Britain and not look out of place.

What a player he has turned out to be I’ll be honest at the start I was one of his biggest critics and thought we should have got rid of him, thankfully though that’s why I’m not a manager solid defensively and deadly at set pieces him and Kent look to have a brilliant partnership.

I’m enjoying my humble pie.
Me too buddy, I questioned his bottle on many an occasions.

The free kick at St Mirren saved his rangers career as he was on the way out I think. He is a bumper of a player

Never looked back since that st mirren free kick. Never seen one thing completely turn a players fortunes. Need to keep him this season

he picks out players and doesn’t just put it into a hopeful area. First game since restart ive not had a bet on him to score :(

He is noticeably more comfortable at coming inside this season ( not necessarily with his right but more driving centrally with his left). This means he’s not being trapped on the sideline like has been seen before.

He’s tremendous.

Seems to be loving life bombing down that left hand side for us.

We must do everything we can to keep him as he will be massive for us this season.

Ive liked him right from the start but he took a while to adapt to the thuggery that comes with Scottish football. Hope he stays for a few more seasons for the glory and not the cash, like Sasa did!

He’s doing a sterling job for us in almost every match.
If we do sell him it must surely be for something around the amount the mentally challengeds received from Arsenal.

There's something about Croatians that play for Rangers. Never really had a bad one. Kranjcar the only one who was a bit dodgy but clearly still had a touch of class.

Absolut class act and should be a reminder to all supporters to give players time to settle to a new country , club and league it takes longer than some than other to gain confidence to perform

Bang on mate.

He's a great player and clearly made of strong character. Some of the abuse dished out to him whilst he was on the pitch was a disgrace. I remember the screams of Barisic gtf in the 0-1 defeat by the sheep at Ibrox in December 2018.

Some of the stuff online was sickening as well.

In terms of transfer speculation I'm stunned it's a club of the stature of Crystal Palace being linked and not a much bigger club, he is top drawer.

I hope we see the best of him for years to come.

Certain players struggle adapting to the physicality of the game up here. It’s fair to say Borna fell into that category. What a player he is now though. Don’t like comparing our players to theirs but for me he is head and shoulders above Tierney and could play for any team in Britain and not look out of place.
One of the best left backs since Numan.

He is top quality, you don't become a first choice in your position for a country like Croatia without being a class performer.
He made that free kick look easy but that is the mark of a top player.

A really excellent full back who has another couple of levels in him. He will outgrow this tinpot cloggers league and get a big move, but in the mean time I think he is enjoying us and we are enjoying him.
he’s turned out a really good signing after a shaky start, but all good players have tough beginnings but the difference is that they have the quality and the mindset to push through and become a better player. That’s what Borna has done.
He is a genuine big money departure after this season, even more so when he leaves as a title winner.

He’s been superb since last August and came through his challenge to adapt to Scottish football but more importantly the challenge to be a stour team

I hope we can keep him this season and he helps us win the league

After the 2021 Euros if he has a good tournament we will get huge bids for him

He’s turning out to be a gem

Used to argue with folk almost every day on here for reasons he was not on form.
1. New country/ language
2. New team mates
3. Family moving over and needing settled
4. Had 2 injuries he needed time to recover from

anyway thank feck we didn’t listen to half the
Drama queens on here as he is now a top top player. Can see Borna at AC Milan one day now problem.

He really is a top player and the prime example of giving our new players time at the beginning, even though frustrating at times.

Outstanding and totally irreplaceable, Haven’t had a player so good at crosses or dead balls since Cooper .

£1.5m or thereabouts we paid :))

His right foot is worth more than that, and his right foot is pish compared to his 'wandofaleftfoot'.

In terms of transfer speculation I'm stunned it's a club of the stature of Crystal Palace being linked and not a much bigger club, he is top drawer.

I hope we see the best of him for years to come.
If he delivers the league he can go with my blessing if that’s what he wants. Could see him doing well in italy, I expect he’d rather stat and play CL than fight relegation with some of the dross in the prem.

Seriously worried about losing Barisic with this extended transfer window

he’s on a long contract and if we’re Not protecting Alfie for a sale I’m not sure the money is ‘needed’ - his value is only likely to go up between now and summer. If someone stumped £18m and we could get a replacement the board would have a decision to make but if he’s worth that now he’ll be worth the same or more in summer so no loss hanging on to him.

Back