Borna Barišić

Any chance admin can change the thread title to have capitals? It’s doing my box in.

I’ll be honest also and admit I have always been a fan and could not understand the ‘shitebag’ patter on here and elsewhere. It was based. On very little evidence as we can now clearly see

We now have a player of some significance on our hands, who along with others, will be difficult to hold on to beyond January (while we look to win a league).

Well done borna tonight! please stay a season more

Just shows you how much it takes to settle down with a new club, looks the player who gave us a lesson a couple of years ago... But does a 50 million left back signing get the same leeway... !

We had Caldow, Robertson Numan and now Barisic, all top class,we should acknowledge how good this lad is, up there with the best we've had Not forgetting Mathieson of course

So glad to see you place Robertson in with our great LB's mate. He was brilliant for us and had the best engine I had ever seen from a player at the time.

Must admit I’m 1 of the guys that after his first season was critical of him & I’m glad he’s proved me wrong, 1 of my favourites in the team the now, keep it up Borna.

His low rocket passes into the box are brilliant, as is his lofted crosses. What a player!
Yep his first option is to pick out a man on the deck and if not on only then does he whip it in. I’m another one eating humble pie. Didn’t think he had the mentality.

I already think Barašić is better than Numan was for us.

But, then again, Papac is my favourite left-back!
As somebody that loves Numan and spent many a year with the NumanLoyal RSC, I'd say he was world class but we didn't see his best years.

Borna is heading north and I doubt we'll see his best years.

I would say as Rangers players they are destined for a score draw.

He’s become one if the more consistent players we’ve got.

More impressive is how he accepted the criticism and knuckled down after a very tentative start to his Rangers career.

Respect!

World class. You don't get constantly picked to Croatia starting XI for nothing. He still could develop his right foot a bit :)

His free kick at St Mirren was a thing of beauty, never really looked back since then has he.
Agreed, I think it was a confidence thing.
He seemed to grow about 5 inches taller and wider after scoring that.
He suddenly felt “I can do this”
Loved some of his play last night. When he kicked the ball on and chased and won the ball beyond the St Johnstone player that was confidence personified.
He even tried a shot at goal with his right foot yesterday, ok it went wide but he tried.
As you say the understanding he has with Kent is fabulous.
What he does do now though is really show up Tav on the right now.
Oh to have a right back equivalent

We can’t entertain selling him this season and to be honest given his age I can’t see a huge money move ever coming so he is someone who we should do our very best to keep

Said it in the match thread, when he creates a bit of space for himself infront of the goal i just choke to see him smash it Albertz style. I think he has that in him aswell and as his confidence soars we might just start to see it.

If we can keep him and someone doesn’t come in with a big bid it will be a miracle. I think the most valuable player at the club

What a player he has turned out to be I’ll be honest at the start I was one of his biggest critics and thought we should have got rid of him, thankfully though that’s why I’m not a manager solid defensively and deadly at set pieces him and Kent look to have a brilliant partnership.

I’m enjoying my humble pie.
Really, you wanted rid of him without giving the man a chance and now its great to throw your hands up and say you were wrong. Why not just watch things develop and see how a player pans out. I can never understand how so many on here can make up their minds so emphatically in such a short space of time. Just take a wild guess and then move on irrespective of the outcome. Hopefully you didn't hurl abuse at him during one of his earlier matches when you wanted him out.

Hagi is the new Barisic, so should we stick with him !

Absolut class act and should be a reminder to all supporters to give players time to settle to a new country , club and league it takes longer than some than other to gain confidence to perform
Not just that mate he was swapped with Flanno and Halliday his first season, playing with a switch of Katic and Worral as his LCB partnership too, niggly injuries. Yet he still put in quality crosses, nobody was there to take them though. Also take into account fans get wee hardon for players going into meaty tackles and he wasn't = sh*tebag in some people's eyes.

It’s mental to say this as Numan was something else but if Borna keeps it up then there might be a time people aren’t saying “the best left back since Numan”
Was just coming on to post this. Would yous say he's the most talented Lb we have ever had? Guys just class.

Used to argue with folk almost every day on here for reasons he was not on form.
1. New country/ language
2. New team mates
3. Family moving over and needing settled
4. Had 2 injuries he needed time to recover from

anyway thank feck we didn’t listen to half the
Drama queens on here as he is now a top top player. Can see Borna at AC Milan one day now problem.
Stop making sense - the posters you argued with had made up their minds he had to go.

Don't worry though, they have thrown their hands up and said they were wrong.

And next in their sights is..............anyone having a bad patch.

The sceptical in our support won't learn anything from this. They've just moved on to hagi.

They haven’t really though. The tears surrounding the acknowledgment of Hagi’s subpar performances is taking the piss, and in no way comparable to the outright abuse and venomous remarks that were being aimed at Barisic for months by posters who curiously enough are still fairly quiet on these threads today. Big difference between saying it’s not happening for Hagi now and he needs to find his feet, and calling Barisic a cowardly shitebag and insisting he’s punted for the first half decent offer.

Although the bit about these fans not learning anything is ultimately true and they’ll no doubt go on to jump the gun and make fools of themselves with many other players.

They haven’t really though. The tears surrounding the acknowledgment of Hagi’s subpar performances is taking the piss, and in no way comparable to the outright abuse and venomous remarks that were being aimed at Barisic for months by posters who curiously enough are still fairly quiet on these threads today. Big difference between saying it’s not happening for Hagi now and he needs to find his feet, and calling Barisic a cowardly shitebag and insisting he’s punted for the first half decent offer.

Although the bit about these fans not learning anything is ultimately true and they’ll no doubt go on to jump the gun and make fools of themselves with many other players.
I get what your saying tbh and you are right as you alluded to though it built up over months for barisic. It just seems someone has to always get it we should really be backing every player to the hilt this season we just have to.

Not for one second saying anyone is above criticism or rightly shouldn't be for not being on song.

You're quite young aren't you?
I am indeed mate. I didn't ask if he was our best ever lb I asked if he was our most talented. He can go on to bigger things from us and has all the qualities in his locker to make another step up for me. I don't think it'd look out of place to see him in a champs league team to be honest. Who would you say he's better than and not as good as?

Remember FF had him down as a fucking diddy who needed dropped for Flanagan?

Let’s keep this in mind before we rip any of our new young signings.

Agreed, I think it was a confidence thing.
He seemed to grow about 5 inches taller and wider after scoring that.
He suddenly felt “I can do this”
Loved some of his play last night. When he kicked the ball on and chased and won the ball beyond the St Johnstone player that was confidence personified.
He even tried a shot at goal with his right foot yesterday, ok it went wide but he tried.
As you say the understanding he has with Kent is fabulous.
What he does do now though is really show up Tav on the right now.
Oh to have a right back equivalent
Someone still finds a chance to have a go at Tav in a Barisic thread lol

I am indeed mate. I didn't ask if he was our best ever lb I asked if he was our most talented. He can go on to bigger things from us and has all the qualities in his locker to make another step up for me. I don't think it'd look out of place to see him in a champs league team to be honest. Who would you say he's better than and not as good as?
Arthur Numan for me was far more talented.
But Borna is brilliant for the level we are now, class act and one of my favourite players.

Always thought he’d be a good player once he was given a run of games.

Injuries and and being in and out of the team each week first season would help no one but you don’t get in that Croatian team without being a good player.

Came a long way since his first season. He was terrified of being on the ball, especially in home games.

Look at him now, absolutely flying. He is so key to us and the way we play. Keeping him is a must.

I once called him one of the worst defenders I've seen at Rangers in a rage after he had a shocker in his first season. I will have that humble pie too OP.

He is my favourite player in football atm

One of our best signings ever.
When you think of the cash the scum got for Tierney you have to think we have won a watch. He will end up at a major European club in the near future. Let's hope that's it's with an SPFL champions medal in his hip pocket.

I once called him one of the worst defenders I've seen at Rangers in a rage after he had a shocker in his first season. I will have that humble pie too OP.

He is my favourite player in football atm
I can’t believe it’s the same player that played last day of the season at Killie. He was absolutely rotten and looked way out of his depth.

Back