Borna Barisic

At this point I'm just happy to see him get a run of games, free of injury.

The player we saw with Osijek was settled and confident in his game, perhaps he just needs more time to reach that level with us. Don't think you can argue that coming from the Croatian league to the SPFL was a culture shock for him, actually playing football is generally secondary in this league to 'getting stuck in'.

I do think Borna will have to be more aggressive than he's shown but I'm not worried, after a spell in this country, even Albertz and Laudrup were making sliding tackles...

I think the main issue is we have all seen how effective Barisic can be when he played against us for Osijek.

That’s the kind of performances we want to see for Rangers. At the moment it’s like they’ve sent us his wee brother instead of the guy with the bandage.

Hopefully performances will improve as he settles in and gets a run of games.

Some people will argue as did the guy in front of me yesterday said ‘how is it a great ball if it’s to nobody or a defender is winning it’.

I kind of get his point but it’s being put into a dangerous area at pace were players should be arriving or at worse because the pace of the cross we ended up with a corner or back with possession, he just seemed pissed off at the comment, I’ve seen people argue about this on here before to be honest also.

I think the main issue is we have all seen how effective Barisic can be when he played against us for Osijek.

That’s the kind of performances we want to see for Rangers. At the moment it’s like they’ve sent us his wee brother instead of the guy with the bandage.

Hopefully performances will improve as he settles in and gets a run of games.

Btw regarding the bandage I thought it was Dado Prso/warrior type material but now I’m thinking Borna actually just got a hair transplant, can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

He’s went from looking like a scary skin headed defender to a full head of hair.

He worries me.

He hid the entire game.

I think he's been knobbled. Seriously. Something is not right with him.

I defy anyone to argue against the fact he done absolutely fück all for us today.

He was part of a defence that kept a clean sheet.

Apart from a few poor corners, he didn't do anything wrong.

Might come across as harsh as his career with us to date has been very stop/start due to injuries but he’s looking very average just now. For me he looks terrified of playing for us, takes the safe option every time.

Granted he overlapped a few times today and the formation in the first half probably limited him from getting up and down the wing as much and to be fair, he was available for a pass most of the game but I’d like to see a lot more from him.

The player we seen for Osijek isn’t the one we are getting.

Like so many, mentally fragile. I guess the only way many will overcome it will be to win?

Anyone still want to tell me I’m wrong? I took a lot of heat in this thread after we beat St Mirren

He’s terrified of playing for us, especially at Ibrox. Goes with the safe option every time.

It’s going to be interesting to see how long Gerrard persists with him. He offers absolutely zero at the moment. Gerrard has consistently said he won’t stand for passengers at this club so let’s see how this one plays out. I think he will continue with Barisic as he knows there’s a player there, as we all do but he’s doing absolutely nothing to justify his position.

There’s a guy on our bench that gives so much more on current form. If Barisic played against Celtic in December, as crazy as it sounds, I don’t think we win that game. Halliday’s early challenge on Ntcham sets the tone for us that day. There’s zero chance of Barisic making that kind of tackle.

His attitude and desire needs to change or he’s never going to make it at Rangers. This is despite his saving grace on here of him being a Croatian international.

Anyone still want to tell me I’m wrong? I took a lot of heat in this thread after we beat St Mirren

He’s terrified of playing for us, especially at Ibrox. Goes with the safe option every time.

It’s going to be interesting to see how long Gerrard persists with him. He offers absolutely zero at the moment. Gerrard has consistently said he won’t stand for passengers at this club so let’s see how this one plays out. I think he will continue with Barisic as he knows there’s a player there, as we all do but he’s doing absolutely nothing to justify his position.

There’s a guy on our bench that gives so much more on current form. If Barisic played against Celtic in December, as crazy as it sounds, I don’t think we win that game. Halliday’s early challenge on Ntcham sets the tone for us that day. There’s zero chance of Barisic making that kind of tackle.

His attitude and desire needs to change or he’s never going to make it at Rangers. This is despite his saving grace on here of him being a Croatian international.

You might be correct mate :eek::p

Might come across as harsh as his career with us to date has been very stop/start due to injuries but he’s looking very average just now. For me he looks terrified of playing for us, takes the safe option every time.

Granted he overlapped a few times today and the formation in the first half probably limited him from getting up and down the wing as much and to be fair, he was available for a pass most of the game but I’d like to see a lot more from him.

The player we seen for Osijek isn’t the one we are getting.

I was delighted when we signed him. The thought of him whipping in the balls for us as he did against us was mouth watering.

What pissed me off today was that in the second half he had the space to whip in some of those type of balls but didn't.

Not good enough thus far not by a long shot.

There’s something not right about Barasic . Someone with his ability should not be putting in displays like today . He fell over three times today when trying to pass . It’s all very bloody strange with him .

I’m genuinely starting to worry about him now. He’s technically very good, no question. But it’s useless if he’s going to shite his pants and crumble under the weight of expectation.

He looked terrified out there today.

He's been here 6 months now.

Have we saw anything for our £2m outlay?

Is it still early?

All I know is Halliday would have more heart today.

He's not the first or will be the last player to crumble under the strain of expectation at Rangers. Hope he comes good.....

I’m genuinely starting to worry about him now. He’s technically very good, no question. But it’s useless if he’s going to shite his pants and crumble under the weight of expectation.

I’m no expert but I am starting to worry he’s got a mental illness or perhaps crippling anxiety . No laughing matter and I hope the club can help him snap out of it , whatever it is it’s painful to see a quality player doing what he did today .

A few times today he looked genuinely terrified when about to receive a pass. Seen players crumble before playing for us, but this is something else.

This is what I don't get. He looks like he's been told Barcelona and Real Madrid have sent scouts to watch him before the game.

I think someone has to sit him down and tell him the opposition players are, ahem, 'not great'.

Barisic and Grezda are clearly taking a while to settle and we should probably start judging them next season.

Both looked really good in a league with a comparable standard so they shouldn't be written off just yet imo.

As a support, we will forgive a lot of a player if they’re at least showing commitment and effort. At the moment, Barisic shows little of either.

He looks like a player who constantly hopes the ball stays on the other side of the pitch.

Can cross the ball, but looks like he can do %^*& all else.

There’s something not right about Barasic . Someone with his ability should not be putting in displays like today . He fell over three times today when trying to pass . It’s all very bloody strange with him .
Yea, at times today he literally looked like he had two left feet. Very strange. Dunno what it is but this is not the same player that played against us for Osijek. Have huge concerns for him.

He’s a shitebag & will be gone in the summer unless there is a drastic improvement.

Andy Halliday could play there & look to play the easy pass every time without any problems just like Borna.

FFS Empire. Delete before anyone sees.

Fail of a thread

Played well. OP is totally clueless

Let’s hear your opinion now you daft troll. Happy to dish it out in most threads but never debate it.

Why don’t you actually engage in a proper football debate for once. Going by your post history, it’s not something you ever do.

The thought of this guy playing at the paedodome gives me the shits.Luckily I think the manager has seen this and Halliday will play from here on in .

The thought of this guy playing at the paedodome gives me the shits.Luckily I think the manager has seen this and Halliday will play from here on in .

Why?

Barisic played at the paedodome earlier in the season and we only lost 1 goals.

Halliday has started left back for us a few times v Celtic and we’ve conceded 2’s, 3’s, 4’s and 5’s.

Why?

Halliday has started left back for us a few times v Celtic and we’ve conceded 2’s, 3’s, 4’s and 5’s.

That’s a terrible argument. Barisic has had a much better team around him for a start.

Halliday with the same team around him has had a league victory against Celtic and a MOTM performance.

You can put as many great balls in as you want, if no one attacks them, what's the point,,, yesterday was not about 1 or 2 player's, it was the whole approach,, there wasn't many with pass marks

He doesn’t no when to pass and makes this decisions too late.

Heart of a mouse.

Seems very similar to his mate Grezda.

Definitely have ability just haven’t the character to display it on a consistent level for a big club.

That’s a terrible argument. Barisic has had a much better team around him for a start.

Halliday with the same team around him has had a league victory against Celtic and a MOTM performance.

So we’ve to discount all of Hallidays performances except one because it doesn’t fit the narrative?

OP was spot on with this.

The guy is not interested. The manager has called him out a couple of times also.

Huge disappointment yesterday. As others have said, he appears to have no belief in himself at Ibrox. Running out of chances.

He looked absolutely terrified and overwhelmed yesterday.
Very, very strange body language and movement from him.
It’s a shame as he’s been a fairly big investment for us.

OP was spot on with this.

The guy is not interested. The manager has called him out a couple of times also.

There's something seriously wrong with Barisic.

He's either took the huff with SG calling him out over his theatrics or he's terrified of playing for a club where the demand is win or bust. Someone pointed out on Twitter last night that he's already left Osijek once for a bigger team(Dinamo Zagreb) and returned within a year because he couldn't handle the step up in terms of mentality and focus.

He's looking like Stevie G's equivalent of Jan Bartram. A talented left back who wants no part of the physical side of Scottish Football.

So we’ve to discount all of Hallidays performances except one because it doesn’t fit the narrative?

Your defence of Barisic is admirable but you are being a bit erratic now to be honest.

You are the one who’s brought up Halliday’s performances against Celtic in a different team with a different manager. You’ve chosen to bring up scuddings we’ve had over the years with players like Martin, Bates, Kiernan, Cardoso and Wilson playing alongside him and clowns like Murty and Caixinha as a manager.

If we look at Barisic’s record vs Celtic compared with Halliday’s record vs Celtic with this same team and same manager, Halliday comes out with a win and a MOTM. His tackle early in the game sets the tone for us to win the game. Barisic is never ever doing that.

Why?

He hasn't one ounce of aggression in hid makeup for starters.As for all the great overlapping and crosses he was going to give us?.Sorry ,the desire to produce isn't there either

Your defence of Barisic is admirable but you are being a bit erratic now to be honest.

You are the one who’s brought up Halliday’s performances against Celtic in a different team with a different manager. You’ve chosen to bring up scuddings we’ve had over the years with players like Martin, Bates, Kerinan, Cardoso and Wilson playing alongside him.

If we look at Barisic’s record vs Celtic compared with Halliday’s record vs Celtic with this same team and same manager, Halliday comes out with a win and a MOTM. His tackle early in the game sets the tone for us to win the game. Barisic is never ever doing that.

That’s it, I’m convinced. Halliday is the missing piece and we’d win every game if he started.

Except, last time he started we lost and conceded two goals. Since then, we’ve kept three clean sheets in four games and haven’t lost.

He had one good game v Celtic though so we should forget all his dreadful ones.

Why?

He's started left back against Celtic twice. We conceded five in one and won the other game.

Like a few of our players he has regressed since the start of the season - see Lafferty, Coulibaly & Middleton for example. There are no doubt different reasons for this & to counter it Kent, Morelos & McCrorie have got better.

But Barasic is a strange one - I really thought we had unearthed an absolute gem but he now looks to be playing well within himself. I have heard some criticism of Gerrard's man management of him by calling him out but I suspect that he has had several conversations with him outlining what is expected and is exasperated that a good player is producing such timid performances.

We can't wait until next season - he needs to start producing right now & is running out of games to convince that he can make a much bigger contribution than he is doing.

That’s it, I’m convinced. Halliday is the missing piece and we’d win every game if he started.

Except, last time he started we lost and conceded two goals. Since then, we’ve kept three clean sheets in four games and haven’t lost.

He had one good game v Celtic though so we should forget all his dreadful ones.

Halliday started at Rugby Park in the cup and we had a clean sheet. He also started at Cowdenbeath and scored.....

It can be presented that way as well.

Maybe he's terrified as Gerrard has been at him in public. I don't imagine a manager expressing no faith in you will do your confidence the world of good. See also Shaw and Mourinho.

I'm not been impressed by Barisic in fact he needs to man up and start producing. I think to many folk got carried away with his performances for the Croatian team he played with.

He can put in a good cross at times but he just doesn’t look like a proper attacking fullback. He looks slow and very rarely goes on the overlap. He can be suspect defensively as well.

That mistake that lead to the sheeps first goal last week was brutal. You could see it coming a mile off.

We have chucked a lot of money at him, Grezda and a few others and are getting very little return for it.

Players having a good game against us doesn’t always mean much. We signed O’Halloran on the same logic (not that I am comparing them as players).

Halliday started at Rugby Park in the cup and we had a clean sheet. He also started at Cowdenbeath and scored.....

It can be presented that way as well.

Present it any way you want.

As I said earlier, you’ve made your mind up on Barisic and I think you’re wrong.

Its been a stop start begining for Borna's time at Rangers due to injury. Thats a big part of the problem.

Back