Borna Barisic

Some players settle straight away, others take a handful of games, some take a season. Borna has taken a while to settle in contrast to Katic, but now he looks like the guy we bought, solid in defence and powering up the park. Keep it up Borna.

The left back we have all been looking for has FINALLY arrived.
Played well today and was superb on Thursday. keep it up big man.

Pass makes both defence and in attack for him today. Linked play, overlapped and did his trademark crosses.

I want him to make it and for the first time I think he might do just that.

Ive slaughtered barasic in the past but the other night against feyenoord he was outstanding and he was good again today. I like the fact that hes confident enough to attempt these freekicks because hes a real threat with that left foot, unlucky with the freekick today. Im happy he has proved me wrong, long may it continue

He's starting to come good.
I knew it would take a season or so for him to settle.
Hope he keeps getting a run of games.

Barasic looks like he's had an intravenous dose of confidence. Or maybe its just the confidence that comes from that winner at St Mirren? Either way, a superb performance from him today - that's two on the bounce - and he looks much more like the player I watched 4 times for Osijek last season. If he can maintain, or improve on, that sort of form it will make such a colossal difference to our team.

Superb today, 2 great performances in a row.

He’s finally living up to the hype, I would rest him on Wed and keep him fresh to slay the sheep on Saturday.

Fantastic to see him playing with confidence and aggression. Been routing for him since he joined and when he plays like that he takes some of the burden off of Tav and our right flank. Well done big man.

Superb today, 2 great performances in a row.

He’s finally living up to the hype, I would rest him on Wed and keep him fresh to slay the sheep on Saturday.
He’s only played about a hand full of games this season. Let him play a consistent run of games.

This rest to keep them fresh thing annoys me

I defended Barisic long past the point his performances were dissapointing me and everyone else. I have always felt there was a player in there but truthfully towards the end of last year I saw a player who looked to lack the courage to turn it around.

I thought back to the player who first joined us and looked aggressive and energetic bombing up and down the left. In fact his first two games he walked a tightrope for being off he was so aggressive going into challenges. I felt he was due time to settle and find his feet/place in our line up but the more he played safe football and looked shaky defensively the more I began to question if my original assessment was accurate.

It is amazing what a string of decent performances has started to yield. He looks like a player re born and I no longer get the suspicion other players are deliberately not passing to him which was definitely the case when he was struggling.

Here’s hoping he continues his form. He can be an absolute star for us if he does.

Some players settle straight away, others take a handful of games, some take a season. Borna has taken a while to settle in contrast to Katic, but now he looks like the guy we bought, solid in defence and powering up the park. Keep it up Borna.
He was great when he first arrived. It was the injury that set him back & I think between the pitches & physicality of the game, he struggled to get rid of the demons that put doubt in his head. Seems they're gone now & we've got Bandage Barisic back for good. Great stuff.

It’s interesting because we’ve played a very very good side which meant he had to be defensively disciplined and now a relatively poor team away from home where he could get forwRd more.

In both games he has performed well. Very well.

So the talent is clearly there and I’d now argue he has the balls to step up.

I’m confident he can contribute well this season

He has been outstanding for us these past two games, I hope he can keep himself in the team, and gain the confidence he lacked this past season.

*sarcastic tone* “But, but he plays for Croatia”

“Heart of a mouse”

“Oh so is he supposed to fit our ‘ethos’”

“Halliday should be starting before him”

“Shitebag”

“He offers nothing”

I know it’s early days this season, but all of the above were really unnecessary and smarter people would have refrained from making such bold judgements until he’d had more of a go in the team, with more regular game time. These were all regular criticisms each week, even in games where he hadn’t actually done anything wrong and in games where other more popular players had played worse.

Announcing " The Borna has landed ' been very happy with him all season when called on . Not had a bad game since goldson stole his first goal of him lol

He should play on Wednesday. It looks like it will be pissing down and it will make the plastic pitch slick.
That should suit us and Borna in particular.

He’s a new man. There’s fight, there’s tenacity, there’s urgency and there’s quality.

He looks every inch the Rangers left back now. Quite a few eating sizeable slices of humble pie.
I agree with everything you've said but the last part is nonsense. He had a full season and still looked awful most of the time, Gerrard publicly called him out. Hes turning it around and I'm delighted but there's no humble pie. Anyone that called him out for being rotten last season was perfectly entitled to do so, it's not like it was an incorrect opinion based on bias. Long may it continue for him, I'm a big fan of Flanagan but I'm happy for borna to have the jersey as long as he plays like that.

2 fantastic performances on the spin now.

What's evident now is he is going into challenges with conviction and a bit of fight.

He’s starting to look like the player we thought we had signed. Keep it going Borna!! I was at the game and can confirm there was a Borna song! It was the opposite stand from me so someone else will need to share the lyrics??

I'd love to see how a back 4 of Barisic, Helander, Katic, Tavernier performs together - Potential to be a brick wall with attacking flair.

Borna very obviously links up well with Helander

Back