Borna Barisic

I agree with everything you've said but the last part is nonsense. He had a full season and still looked awful most of the time, Gerrard publicly called him out. Hes turning it around and I'm delighted but there's no humble pie. Anyone that called him out for being rotten last season was perfectly entitled to do so, it's not like it was an incorrect opinion based on bias. Long may it continue for him, I'm a big fan of Flanagan but I'm happy for borna to have the jersey as long as he plays like that.

There was endless posts about him not being cut out for this, seen enough of him and he’s a shitebag etc etc. He’s obviously showing he can do the business in our team, so those people who had already pulled the trigger will be eating humble pie, or hiding under their rock.

There was endless posts about him not being cut out for this, seen enough of him and he’s a shitebag etc etc. He’s obviously showing he can do the business in our team, so those people who had already pulled the trigger will be eating humble pie, or hiding under their rock.
Fair enough. I've never doubted his ability, it was the application that was the issue (like my school report card). I'm delighted hes turning it around. Croatia's left back should be first choice for us. With a fully fit Flanagan as back up/rotation, what a pair of options.

Didnt see the game today but delighted to read hes continuing his form. Ive been fighting his corner since the start and i stand by it that he was nowhere near as bad as people were making out on here. Its just that hes really really stepped it up over the past couple of weeks. The spot is undoubtedly his now.

I’m one of those that would have had him punted even up to about a month ago. Happy to admit he’s proving me wrong at the moment and hope he continues to do so.

His upside is so much higher than any of our other left backs.

The gap between a 10/10 Barisic game and a 10/10 Flanagan game is a couple of hundred miles.

I'm just loving the way our supporters seem to kick every ball with him atm, wins a tackle, eruption of cheers, great cross, eruption of cheers. It's great how invested we are and that all we want is the best version of Borna.

I'm just loving the way our supporters seem to kick every ball with him atm, wins a tackle, eruption of cheers, great cross, eruption of cheers. It's great how invested we are and that all we want is the best version of Borna.
True. There was a block he made towards the end of the game in our box, might of been from Ralston, and the crowd erupted.

I don’t think anyone disputed his underlying talent but he had seriously lost his way after a very promising start with us. His recent form has again shown him at his best and if he can keep it up the left back spot is his to keep. Don’t want to see him pick up an injury but if he can mentally prove he can overcome being on the end of a few thuggish challenges going unpunished by the ref, which will eventually happen, then we have a very fine player indeed. On you go Borna!

Well done to him, he really seems to be a confidence player and he was suffering last season after his injury, no doubt about it.

Long may his resurgence continue, it’s been a problem area for us so a fit and confident Barasic completely solves this.

He’s a new man. There’s fight, there’s tenacity, there’s urgency and there’s quality.

He looks every inch the Rangers left back now. Quite a few eating sizeable slices of humble pie.
A very small number of people will ever do that on here mate, they'll just lie in wait for the first error.

EDIT - I'll eat my own humble pie as quite a few are fessing up and saying they're glad he's making them eat their words.

Looks like a new player.

Confidence is clearly a mental attribute but you can see how much is affects someone physically. He just moves around the park completely differently to how he has been.

Solid when defending, a lot more positive in an attacking sense and just giving great balance to the defence.

From where he has been and how he was viewed by a number of our fans (not being good enough) he has shown tremendous character and a great attitude.

Well done Borna!
Been unfairly tarred with the Grezda brush I think. Hopefully him and Katic can go from strength to strength,was never in doubt he was quality,he must be to be first pick for Croatia team,clearly needed time to adjust to our league and being out injured hasn't helped him in that regard. Delighted to see him turn it around.

Missed going to the game yesterday but he was outstanding on Thursday night. They were pinging the ball across their defence as pushing it out to players with BB and Tav down their throats was never an option. He has been really steady defensively this season but if he keeps pushing forward and giving us an option for set pieces he could be a revelation.

Last edited:
How would have thought it? Having a season to settle in that hes starting to perform? Some of the comments towards him have been disgusting

I stated my concern but, as you say, some comments were just not right, calling the guy a shitebag etc.

I’m absolutely delighted for Borna.

Borna borna borna borna borna Barisic he comes and go’s he comes and goooooo’s (to the tune of karma chameleon) started off as a bit of a joke on our supporters bus due to him being in and out of the team (he comes and go’s) gave it a blast yesterday at the game and everybody joined in.
Great effort mate. From your own bus to McDiarmid Park to people on FF asking for the lyrics. Proof that songs can be original, fun and non-offensive

Borna borna borna borna borna Barisic he comes and go’s he comes and goooooo’s (to the tune of karma chameleon) started off as a bit of a joke on our supporters bus due to him being in and out of the team (he comes and go’s) gave it a blast yesterday at the game and everybody joined in.
Glorious. I heard it loud and clear on the telly.
Short clip:

That free kick against St Mirren could turn out to be one of the most important moments of our season. Since then Barisic has out in 3 very good performances and is looking like the left back we thought we were getting. It’s amazing what a bit of confidence can do. Hopefully he will go on and nail down the starting spot.

I think he's finally got his mojo back,he lost it for a while,but I think that goal he scored against St Mirren and perhaps he's playing alongside a left footed experienced centre back has given him the confidence he needed to kick on,well done Borna keep it up.

Barisic has done fantastic over the last couple of games. He’s finally starting to look like the player we all thought he would be.

However, it is early days and for the fan boys - two good performances doesn’t make him a success. But for the haters - if he goes and has a poor showing on Wednesday it doesn’t mean he’s a disaster either.

We can just be pleased that Barisic has played (and imposed himself) well the last few games. Long may that continue.

Well done again Borna.

Too early to say that he's turned the corner just yet, but he has played very well recently.

Hopefully he's about to fulfil the promise he arrived here with. He's a classy player, easy on the eye.

So what’s been the difference?

In the right head space, Helander’s introduction, what gives?

However, it is early days and for the fan boys - two good performances doesn’t make him a success.

Sorry fanboys ??? You mean people who weren't joining in on the frenzy to have a go at him every single time he played for us ?

Most of the people who defended him did so because he's a Rangers player and supporters aren't to you know support the players

Barisic has done fantastic over the last couple of games. He’s finally starting to look like the player we all thought he would be.

However, it is early days and for the fan boys -
two good performances doesn’t make him a success. But for the haters - if he goes and has a poor showing on Wednesday it doesn’t mean he’s a disaster either.

We can just be pleased that Barisic has played (and imposed himself) well the last few games. Long may that continue.

Well done again Borna.
a.k.a. supporters of Glasgow Rangers.

Sorry fanboys ??? You mean people who weren't joining in on the frenzy to have a go at him every single time he played for us ?

Most of the people who defended him did so because he's a Rangers player and supporters aren't to you know support the players

You know what I mean mate. You got people who were blinded on both sides.

Both groups were extreme to say the least. Between the opinions of both sides, you would find a accurate reflection of BB.

You know what I mean mate. You got people who were blinded on both sides.

Both groups were extreme to say the least. Between the opinions of both sides, you would find a accurate reflection of BB.
The weirdest thing is his most vocal critics have been posted missing since he's turned his form around. That tells me they're more interested in being proven right and will resurface as soon as he has a poor game. It got to the stage where he was being blamed for goals that happened down the other side of the pitch. A lot of the stuff aimed at him was personal too (coward, heart of a mouse, can't be trusted etc). We have a section of our fan base who revel in this type of stuff.

The weirdest thing is his most vocal critics have been posted missing since he's turned his form around. That tells me they're more interested in being proven right and will resurface as soon as he has a poor game. It got to the stage where he was being blamed for goals that happened down the other side of the pitch. A lot of the stuff aimed at him was personal too (coward, heart of a mouse, can't be trusted etc). We have a section of our fan base who revel in this type of stuff.

You’re right mate. Same can be said about the guys who were blinded to Pena’s short comings.
They would have none of it when posters called him out on his attitude, mentality, fitness etc and would roll-out various sound bites to blame everyone else around Pena.

These same guys have went all quiet.

The thing is, we have a part of FF who are all sugar or all shitē. That won’t ever change.

Borna looked a great player against us in the Europa Lge last season. A guy who is consistently being selected for the World Cup finalists has to be top class. Once he kicks-in and achieves consistency, he is going to earn us as much as 'Tearnae' (sic) when we sell him to Man U. Maybe more:))

He’s a new man. There’s fight, there’s tenacity, there’s urgency and there’s quality.

He looks every inch the Rangers left back now. Quite a few eating sizeable slices of humble pie.

Not really, the faults in his performances were all down to himself.

You pick up on his weaknesses and some take it the wrong way.

Letting balls bounce. Poor in the air.
Weak, out muscled, brushed off the ball.
Poor positional sense.
Rarely won a challenge/tackle.
Looking too timid, not really showing for the ball.
Getting caught out by a pass down both sides.
Poor delivery into the box.
Defensively weak...

Last two games he's not shown any of the above. Looked strong, composed, commanding and cinfident. He has read the game well, cut out balls, won tackles. He's wanted the ball, he's driven and produced two very good performances.

Got to keep it up and the jersey is his.

I don't think anyone questioned his ability just his mentality and capability to adapt to a very physical league compared to what he was used to , it is no coincidence his best performances have been against footballing sides .

One of the thing's I love about Barisic is his ball retention. This season whenever he's been up the wing, the ball's either gone into the box or he's guaranteed to win a corner or throw-in. He is very intelligent on the pitch.

I'm proud to say that for the last season and a half I've been backing Borna 100% when he's been getting pelters although I don't have the post history to prove it.

Hopefully his form continues as he's genuinely felt like a new signing in the last couple of games.

The “he comes and goes” part to his song is not very good.
Should be changed to “he comes and scores” . Fits nicely, accurate to how he walks up & scores free kicks & doesn't constantly remind him of his mental temperament. Of all the players, this guy seems like the last one to make jokes about if we want him to keep playing well.

Of the last 3 games, tonight's is the one that gives me the most confidence in him having turned the corner.

He absolutely would have has issues last season in a tough, physical battle but while he did nothing spectacular, he was solid, determined and a whole load of other adjectives that people on here said he never would or could be.

Not his greatest ever performance by a long chalk, but certainly an encouraging one!

I genuinely think his song is helping him too. Perhaps a sign that positive encouragement is more helpful than miserable bastards berating everything loud and long?

Of the last 3 games, tonight's is the one that gives me the most confidence in him having turned the corner.

He absolutely would have has issues last season in a tough, physical battle but while he did nothing spectacular, he was solid, determined and a whole load of other adjectives that people on here said he never would or could be.

Not his greatest ever performance by a long chalk, but certainly an encouraging one!

I genuinely think his song is helping him too. Perhaps a sign that positive encouragement is more helpful than miserable bastards berating everything loud and long?
Only defender to get pass marks tonight he stood up to the physical battle well

He was our only defender that didn’t make my heart skip a beat tonight.

Decent enough performance against a very stuffy side on that shambles of a pitch.

The real BB has stood up!

Back