borna being exposed on Saturday

I would be more worried about Tav, he doesn’t look fit.
He set up a goal against Dundee hibs and nearly ran the full length of the pitch passing to Colak to score. Not many players could manage that run with an accurate pass for a goal. Also against Hearts he was up in attack and set a goal up for Alfie.

Barasic's defending is a bit iffy when someone runs at him he tends to retreat into the box and at times turns his back. He has to be more brave and stop the attacker fairly by winning the ball.

Maybe Borna is upped his game due to the competition , but we cant have players who bottle it at parkhead.
Key point must be the player must be the best option in that position in big games
Borna at left back just now clearly the best option if the game is at The Piggery Anfield or any CL fixture
Not to say that Ridvan may not end up our left back just not now

This is not surprising every team tries to target Borna, particularly Celtic and lately for them its been working and its worked for other teams. He is a major weak link as he never gets tight to his man, constantly allows crosses in and never seems to know who is behind him. To be fair on him he doesn't get enough support from Kent either.

Borna has a superb cross on him but he gets done far too easy, Salah will have him on his arse. Expect to see Sands 1 on 1 with Salah a few times.

Why Yilmaz never came on second half against Hearts is bewildering.

actually think he had a good game, they targeted him thinking he would melt, but as the game went on he grew stronger
I commented during the gsme he wasn't getting much help from Kent like he used to, so I think if we were critical of borna on sat it would be HARSH AND YES HE WILL START ON TUESDAY

Borna has a superb cross on him but he gets done far too easy, Salah will have him on his arse. Expect to see Sands 1 on 1 with Salah a few times.

Not tomorrow you won't. Sands is suspended.

Let's be honest here, Liverpool will hurt us on the left, on the right and through the middle. No point finding 'scapegoats' before the game even starts.

I feel sorry for him. Constantly exposed and left 1 on 1 with no cover. He will get ripped to shreds tmw night if nobody helps him

I'd stick with barasic as he's still started the season very strongly.

But if we do want it to change it, we have an expensive young left back who's yet to get his opportunity to show us what he's capable of. Give Yilmaz a go.
We don't have a player called "barasic". And yes I am a d##k.

Hearts played Humphrys wide right and early in the game they played lots of high balls to him to draw Barasic in and beat him to the header. They hadobviouslt looked at the goal Livi scored in the first game of the season and tried to exploit what they saw as a weakness. This time, Davies supplied cover and his height was helpful. I have never seen Mo Salah getting involved with headers out on the wing. I am mor3 concerned about his left foot and the way he comes inside on it.

Key point must be the player must be the best option in that position in big games
Borna at left back just now clearly the best option if the game is at The Piggery Anfield or any CL fixture
Not to say that Ridvan may not end up our left back just not now
Maybe Ridvan should get the cup games.

Sands suspended after his red against Napoli I would have thought
Davies or King the choices unless he shunts Lundstrum back one

If Kent gets himself back on form then that’s all the protection Borna will need. Kent was flying up and down the left last season in attack and defence. We need the same from him now.

Borna has started this season very well.
I think with it being against Liverpool, Kent might just put his best ever game effort in.

Back off Borna will cost us again - I'm very nervous for him against Salah even in the form Salah is in. Teams are clearly targeting him now and frankly have done all season. He's got a great cross on him but he is found wanting repeatedly and will continue to cost us in the future

As much as his balls into the box going forward are class, his defending makes him a liability at the back. He stands off people far to much and is beaten one on one far too much for my liking. The sooner yilmaz is playing the better, he should’ve had far more game time than he’s gotten so far. Borna will lose form again soon and lose complete confidence, it’s the same routine he goes through every season, his form is usually very up and down.

Its not how Gio wants Kent to play
Plays 433 that’s his job to back up. Attaching fullback when he goes then should back up . If there full back attacks his job to nullify him. Not rocket science.done it since signed . He’s not been putting in body language terrible.

I intend going against the general grain of negativity here.

I believe there is too much hype about the EPL and the Sky and BT love in with Anfield.

I believe this will be our and Borna’s finest hour B-D*

(* opinions of this nature do not constitute advice. This opinion could be bollocks or utter bollocks and bets placed on the basis of this opinion could result in heavy losses. Risk of losing all of your money. Not regulated by anyone)

It’s probably that type of game that had Yilmaz played more minutes then both starting wouldn’t be a bad shout.

Their right back and salah coming at Borna alone is a thought

Borna's inability to defend 1 on 1 vs anyone remotely decent and having no idea on the players around him and just backing off them should be fine, he's only up against Salah.

Borna has been superb.
No he hasn’t he has just been less pish than before so folk jump on it and say he’s playing well he really isn’t.

Hearts targeted him for a reason and got all their joy from him their winger walked away from him not one challenge or stopped cross.

If he plays to that standard vs Salah God help us.

Back