Borna - See you next season

The reason we lost the cup was a defensive error and ramsey missing his pen. Oh and a certain alfredo morelos watching from the sidelines. Nothing to do with borna

It wasn't, you are correct. However, I think Bassey would have impacted our attacking play and would have given them something to think about, particularly about how they dealt with Kent if someone was buzzing past him on overlap all game. We will never know, but that's just my opinion.

Not read these,but ill never forgive the game vs them at the glitter dome he total shit the bed was the worst ive seen from one of our players in my near 50 years watching,Borna should never have played for us again after that in my opinion.
We mightn’t have been in the final had we not played him against Braga.

I hate how he’s continually wrote off with our support, especially on here

He will more than do a job next season

Like he’s always done

That's not true though is it? In his first season, he was written off, even by the management team. He redeemed himself and apologised to Gerrard and then his goal in 2nd season in Paisley brought about a good run of form and that form won the fans over.

He's always been extremely inconsistent however. And when his confidence goes, I've rarely seen it impact a player in the way it impacts him!

0-A31-BA06-147-F-47-E4-81-A5-BE83-ED8-F360-C.gif
I think if Big Calvin had played LB and Balogun CB in Seville we’d have won.

I think you may be talking …………

i'm glad Borna is staying , gives us the option of Playing Bassey where we feel fit depending on the availability and fitness of our centre halves .......

in Souttar and Helander we'll need cover , if Bassey has to be central who is playing left back ??

i'm glad Borna is staying , gives us the option of Playing Bassey where we feel fit depending on the availability and fitness of our centre halves .......

in Souttar and Helander we'll need cover , if Bassey has to be central who is playing left back ??
I’ll be shocked if Bassey still here end of window

Still think his back is f*cked from when he was trying to get fit for the Euros. Nothing against him btw, totally understand why you would do it.

Talk of him shitting it etc. is such nonsense. He just can't do 120 mins; thats it.

Would happily keep Borna about for another season or two.

If we could get a reasonable fee then I wouldn't be averse to letting Borna go.

On form he's a crossing machine, but when it goes it isn't a dip, it plummets. At 29 we shouldn't be having to worry about how mentally strong he is.

We mightn’t have been in the final had we not played him against Braga.
If buts and maybes mate,ive gave my opinion on Borna id happy see him go for a decent fee his display at there shithole was my last straw with him.

If we could get a reasonable fee then I wouldn't be averse to letting Borna go.

On form he's a crossing machine, but when it goes it isn't a dip, it plummets.
At 29 we shouldn't be having to worry about how mentally strong he is.
Pretty much my take.

Still think his back is f*cked from when he was trying to get fit for the Euros. Nothing against him btw, totally understand why you would do it.

Talk of him shitting it etc. is such nonsense. He just can't do 120 mins; thats it.

Would happily keep Borna about for another season or two.

A fullback who has no pace, isn't great in the air, shirks away when things get tough, can't dribble, can't beat a man.

Basically all he has is a pretty good cross.

He’s always been honest, he loves Rangers. When the Watford link came up he was honest enough to say every player has his price.
His price was not £3m and his standard is not Watford

A fullback who has no pace, isn't great in the air, shirks away when things get tough, can't dribble, can't beat a man.

Basically all he has is a pretty good cross.
No way
Is that plucked from the January capitulation match thread?

LB is a difficult position to fill. And there are even fewer about with Borna's qualities.

Yes Bassey could end up being 1st choice there, but why not have both in the squad?

LB is a difficult position to fill. And there are even fewer about with Borna's qualities.

Yes Bassey could end up being 1st choice there, but why not have both in the squad?
Barasic will be another yard slower next season and pass backs will happen even more, gio took alot of convincing after the parkhead shitshow.

Bassey I think :))

For what it’s worth a confident Borna is more than good enough but as is the norm one or two bad games gets made out to him being poor for 90% of a season.

Already on Twitter I’ve seen people talking about Andy Carroll, considering deactivating my life until the seasons back.
Andy Carroll at leftback? :oops:

Think he’d actually be better off as a back up/rotational option as there won’t be as much pressure on him and gives Gio some flexibility with Bassey at CB.

Bassey is the first choice LB now though, no question. Will start crying if he leaves.

Think he’d actually be better off as a back up/rotational option as there won’t be as much pressure on him and gives Gio some flexibility with Bassey at CB.

Bassey is the first choice LB now though, no question. Will start crying if he leaves.

I doubt that'd suit Barisic though. He'll be wanting to play every week somewhere in order to cement his place in Croatia's WC squad.

Like the majority of players then?
I don’t imagine we are easy-oasy with the majority of our players tbf. Probably a few we definitely want to keep hold of, a few who we would be happy to see go, a few who want to stay and a few who want to leave.

Im saying I don’t think we would take much convincing to let Borna go, but we aren’t actively looking to sell him. Don’t think that’s the same with the majority of our players tbh.

Back