Borna to snub Gerrards offer to take him to Villa

Villa will be in the market for a LB, as they only have Targett with Ashely Young covering but they'll more than likely target a youngster for the job. Could see them targeting Hickey. They've also been linked with another Croatian LB.

I don't see them going for our Borna at all.
More likely doig

A player leaving in a transfer window for a good fee is hardly 'fucking off'. Gerrard leaving a week before a huge cup tie and a European game is.
on the one hand, a load of folks on here has moaned about us not getting decent fees for our players, on the other, just as many bitch about why we should not be selling players for whatever reasons, but in reality, to get the best fees for players, is when they are playing really well consistently (something Aribo is on his way doing), that will attract interest, the better a player does, the less we'd want him to leave, I understand that, but if we want the fees the fans have been talking about, then they'll just have to accept this as the way it is

I have no issue with Borna leaving in January for a decent fee, but I don't see the difference to be honest.
We got a fee for Gerrard too and as I said in my post, most managerial changes are mid season. It was always going to be the most likely scenario.
Most player trades are summer transfer window.

The timing with Gerrard wasn't ideal at all. When a player leaves it's just him who goes. When Gerrard left, all of his staff went with him so it's a complete upheaval.

The timing with Gerrard wasn't ideal at all. When a player leaves it's just him who goes. When Gerrard left, all of his staff went with him so it's a complete upheaval.
No, it wasn’t ideal. It was never likely to be ideal, but definitely not deserving of the vitriol that followed.
He’ll always have my thanks for giving me my best season as a bear and the beasts’ worse season as beasts.

His performances have a improved each game under Gio. Against Dundee for me was his best performance of the season and he was starting to look like the Borna of last season so possibly something in this.

If that is even slightly true (i doubt it) he should be told he should be having that discussion.
And if he doesn't want that discussion what then. He's under contract, the club can't make him speak to any club if he doesnt want to.

Report came out in the Birmingham live that Barisic has told his representatives he’s no interest in moving to Villa Park alongside Gerrard, which the record/star have now picked up.

Good lad if true. Article below.

Borna Barisic has reportedly shunned the opportunity of a move to Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa as he's told insiders he wants to remain at Ibrox.

The Rangers defender was a key part of Gerrard's side which won last season's Scottish Premiershipand had been identified as a potential £8million January target for Villa.

But, according to a report in the Daily Star, Barisicis said to have been impressed with Giovanni van Bronckhorst's first few weeks in charge at Rangers.

And rather than following his former boss to the Premier League, the Croatian international is keen to hang around and help Rangers defend their league crown.

Barisic still has two and a half years left on his contract after Gerrard signed him from native club NK Osijek in 2018.

The Croatian international was a key part of Rangers success under the Liverpool and England legend.

But he has featured in all four of Van Bronckhorst's games in charge so far and Barisic could play a vital part of the Dutchman's Ibrox revolution.
remember gerrard said he was happy?

Bornas been a great player for us and i think he loves the big occasions. i wouldnt hold it against him if he went but 8 mill is a bit shy of what id expect for him.

I would want to get 11-12million for him

If this was true i think hed be off in a flash tbh,i think hes 1 of a few who will go as soon as any epl club shows an intrest,i could be totaly wrong but id put money on it.

At his age and the chance to at least double his wages?

He’d be crazy not to frankly.

Thread has nothing to do with the leftback and is just a cover to smuggle in another conversation about Gerrard.

Back