Borna to snub Gerrards offer to take him to Villa

Kamara is the one I think he might want tbh.

Watching motd last night and they were picking out that the midfielders wernt coving the high full backs well enough and Gerrard said they didn't play how he wanted yesterday and Kamara knows the role and the system inside out.
Good thing we have him tied down to a long contract in terms of fee if that's the case. I watched their game yesterday and thought they were a bit one dimensional with a lot of high balls into the box and both goals from corners. If anyone I thought the trickery of Aribo or Kent on the deck would probably interest him most.

I don't think he will go after Borna, unless we get ridiculous money for him. I read this morning that he is after Gomez from Liverpool so I think Goldson won't be going there.

Most of our players could easily double their wage if not mire by taking a move down south. It all depends what individual goals and motivations are.

I remember when we were down in the lower leagues guys were coming in demanding a multiplier of what they had been earning and getting it.

I think he will stay and grab more silverware, Saw Borna in Metropolitan in Merchant city on Saturday night, looks a happy settled guy it's good to see

Why would some shitey local paper in Birmingham know the thoughts of a Croatian man 300 miles away in Scotland?

He’s playing Ashley Young at LB

I feel there could be something in this

Gerrards Depends on set pieces and cross balls remember that
Think you could be spot on mate , watched game last night and was highlighted they are very reliant on this approach . And on a side note for the millionth time , thank %^*& they didn’t get McGinn .

Think you could be spot on mate , watched game last night and was highlighted they are very reliant on this approach . And on a side note for the millionth time , thank %^*& they didn’t get McGinn .

I’ve been watching their highlights not a lot created in terms of clean cut chances all from set plays etc

I don't think he will go after Borna, unless we get ridiculous money for him. I read this morning that he is after Gomez from Liverpool so I think Goldson won't be going there.
Gomez to Villa, Goldson to Liverpool to replace Gomez? Heard it here first!

7g4Fbuv.gif

I want to keep the new and improved Borna, he is like a different player under Gio, just hope he keeps it up.

I think Borna’s issue is more Gerard than Villa
Normally I would disagree but I reckon there’s something in this.

I think he pushed him too hard when he was clearly injured and it was making his injury/form worse

Borna, Sasa, Dado, Niko - the Eastern European lads do tend to appreciate what they have in Rangers. The size of the Club, the traditions etc - they don't drop their pants the first time an EPL Club gives them the eye - quite refreshing and is a credit to them.

Last edited:
Borna has had a new lease of life under Gio - I get the feeling he may have been one of those that wasn’t too disappointed to see Gerrard go.
I may be wrong but I also have a feeling he likes the smaller league and isn’t overly ambitious (he was in Croatia for a good chunk of his career when he could easily have been elsewhere)

Maybe I’m wrong but this smacks of making up a second follow up story after also making up the first story.

Two days of news covered
I suspect you are spot on.
Having worked in that industry myself for many years, that is not an unusual tactic.
However, it might be based on something from inside somewhere.
But more likely they flew a kite and perhaps someone has been on the phone putting them straight today!!

I don't think he'll come back for any of our players, he's operating in a different market now
I’ve watched Villa and while I’m hopeful and agree with you that SG and Purslow should have their sights on better quality if they want to realise their ambitions, I think we have players who would improve them. Kamara for instance is levels above Nakamba. Aribo and Kent are two players who I genuinely believe can match Buendia for ability. I also believe that Tav and Patterson have individual qualities that Cash does not and the same applies to Barisic and Targett.

Borna has had a new lease of life under Gio - I get the feeling he may have been one of those that wasn’t too disappointed to see Gerrard go.
I may be wrong but I also have a feeling he likes the smaller league and isn’t overly ambitious (he was in Croatia for a good chunk of his career when he could easily have been elsewhere)
He seems to love it here, his brother was up again on Saturday and they took a photo on the pitch. He also now as that paedo right back for company in the city as well as Katic obviously if he returns

Let’s not kid ourselves here, if any one of our squad had the opportunity to play in the EPL for the wages they would get then they would go, top level footballers are very lucky to get a 15 year career at the top so will go for the biggest contract they would get.

As long as we get a decent fee for them and enough time to replace them then that’s fine with me

I actually think Aribo is the only one he'd realistically look at.
Possibly - it certainly looks like he’s finally beginning to fulfil his potential this season - but Gerrard never seemed to know where to play him and wasn’t prepared to change his precious system to accommodate him in a freer role as we’ve seen him play since Gio’s arrival.

I’m pretty sure the player would be up for it if the opportunity to play in the Premiership came up, but would it actually be a good move for him?

I’m not do sure.

Complete pish IMO. As loyal as Borna is or may be, he’s not turning down a move to the English Premiership and the signing on fee and wages bump that comes with it

Not that I can see Villa bidding anyway

The majority of our players would be off in a flash to the EPL if the chance arose, as would GVB. It’s an unfortunate reality of playing in Scotland.

Correct, let's say he is earning 20k per week here. There's no danger he is turning down the opportunity to earn 60k-70k p/w minimum if the opportunity was to come.

If we were offered 8.5 million Wilson would be bundling him in a motor and driving him to Birmingham. Cool story though.

The majority of our players would be off in a flash to the EPL if the chance arose, as would GVB. It’s an unfortunate reality of playing in Scotland.
Have to agree . My worry is if GVB wins the league/silverware this season ( never mind in the future) and Arsenal sack Arteta, IMO Arsenal will come knocking

It's funny how most folk are saying Borna would be nuts to knock back the EPL.

Gerrard was a c unt for doing it and probably from a good few of the same people.

Borna has proven to be a great signing but he is 29, it is maybe time to cash in now before his value depreciates further.

Find it hard to believe that he wouldn’t be interested. At Borna’s age I wouldn’t grudge him a move to the EPL.

Not even close to being true.

People’s issues with Gerrard was his timing.

History being rewritten there
So Borna fucking off in the January window is fine timing?

There was an overwhelming acceptance that we'd lose Gerrard to the EPL and that he'd go with our best wishes for giving us the most incredible season of our lives.
I don't recall anyone saying "He'll go with my best wishes as long as he doesn't do it mid season."

Almost all managers are sacked during the season. It was the most likely outcome of all.

So Borna fucking off in the January window is fine timing?

There was an overwhelming acceptance that we'd lose Gerrard to the EPL and that he'd go with our best wishes for giving us the most incredible season of our lives.
I don't recall anyone saying "He'll go with my best wishes as long as he doesn't do it mid season."

Almost all managers are sacked during the season. It was the most likely outcome of all.

A player leaving in a transfer window for a good fee is hardly 'fucking off'. Gerrard leaving a week before a huge cup tie and a European game is.

A player leaving in a transfer window for a good fee is hardly 'fucking off'. Gerrard leaving a week before a huge cup tie and a European game is.
I have no issue with Borna leaving in January for a decent fee, but I don't see the difference to be honest.
We got a fee for Gerrard too and as I said in my post, most managerial changes are mid season. It was always going to be the most likely scenario.
Most player trades are summer transfer window.

Back