Borna - what a player

A lesson we should learn stop criticising players early doors in the first team.

We could have lost him.

Credit Tav as well.

Borna is a Croation internationalist and it shows.

We deserved more tonight but Sunday's exertions told.

Steven Gerrard has us on the right track.

It's coming.

In nigh on 50 years following the Rangers Davie Robertson is the best LB I have ever seen play in a Rangers jersey.

Keep this level of performance up and big Borna will shortly be changing my opinion.

Tremendous footballer.

He is beginning to become the most dominant left back we have seen since Numan. 6 Months ago we had threads titled "Barisic or Halliday?" Turn around is quite incredible.

Quickly becoming one of my favourite players. What a transformation.

He’s crunching into challenges, whipping in wonderful crosses near enough every time, he’s got some engine on him too.

Starting to look like the player he was that terrorised us in the qualifiers.

Im genuinely happy for him. For some reason he was one player i wanted to see settle and. Make a go of it with us. I honestly did doubt him at one point. But im glad hes proved me wrong.

He's some player. He's got that touch of class that players we had under Dick Advocaat had . A real top left back. I think OP makes a good point. There was a time where he looked maybe on his way out with grezda.

Don't like to say it, but if he keeps up his form we'll struggle to hold on to him beyond the summer.

Can't believe I'm even saying that.
O he is under contract so I would imagine he will be one of the next offered a better deal and not going anywhere’s

You’re all wrong, he was a 5.

Borna Barisic - 5

Steady as always on the left flank and was a constant threat with his deliveries from set-pieces. Was unlucky to have put the ball in his own net as had he not made a last-ditch attempt to stop the cross the ball would've been tapped home.

Still, he was better than Jack

Ryan Jack - 4

Offered little and was anonymous for the majority of the game. And he foolishly got sent off shortly after Barisic's unfortunate own goal to heap even more pressure on the home side.

Somebody got paid for that. :D

Borna Barisic - 5

Steady as always on the left flank and was a constant threat with his deliveries from set-pieces. Was unlucky to have put the ball in his own net as had he not made a last-ditch attempt to stop the cross the ball would've been tapped home.

Ryan Jack - 4

Offered little and was anonymous for the majority of the game. And he foolishly got sent off shortly after Barisic's unfortunate own goal to heap even more pressure on the home side.

Hard to believe that the individual who scored the players even saw the game! I know we were off it in the second half, but some of the scoring in there is absolutely incredulous. The only player below par (throughout the game) was Ryan Kent. Borna was superb, I would have rated him as an 8.

Im
Not being smug when I say I was one of those who backed him from day one because the lad has class but please will our fans give our players more support when they are struggling .
I’ve played football at a decent level and it can cripple a player.

Well done borna I’m so pleased for you

I'd like to see him get his turn on the penalties. He's the cleanest striker of a ball in the team and has nerves of steel.

Borna Barisic - 5

Ryan Jack - 4

Those ratings are mental. Jack was excellent.

You got the feeling in the early days it looked like he didn’t feel wanted or part of the squad.
What a turnaround.. Now an integral part of our team and first name on the team sheet.

A lesson we should learn stop criticising players early doors in the first team.

We could have lost him.

Credit Tav as well.

Borna is a Croation internationalist and it shows.

We deserved more tonight but Sunday's exertions told.

Steven Gerrard has us on the right track.

It's coming.

Totally agree, I'd have sold him in the summer. Shows what the fk I know :)

Best player on the park and is a massive player for us now.

Well done Borna Barisic

I'm genuinely quite stunned at how much he has turned it around. I had pretty much written him off after Kilmarnock at the end of last year, and the first couple of games this season, but he's went from that to being one of our most important players now.

He’s absolutely essential to the way we play.

Last night was arguably his best game for us.

The own goal was a cruel ending to what had been a superb display.

Total beast of a player nobody gets by him

we will be lucky to keep hold of him during the sunner

he deserves a contract extension

At one point in the first half he was giving it calm down to the rest of the defence, think we had given away a corner. Nnot that long ago he wouldn't have said boo to a mouse, now he is a major player in our team.
The goal versus St Mirren helped him also he now has the respect of his peers which means a lot to any player.
He is now a fans favourite and he deserves all the credit for digging in turning his career as a Ranger around.

Back