Borna

He was quality this evening. Hopefully that's the start of a settled back 4
He was indeed class tonight and is comfortable driving on with the ball.
It may well be the start of a settled left back position but not about the back four which is still unsure. I would like to see a back line of Tav, Goldson, Katic and Barisic, though to be honest, I would still prefer to see Tav ahead of the back four.

Impressed with Borna tonight. One of our more composed players. He attempts to cross the ball into dangerous areas. Would prefer to see him on free kicks than Tav.

Needs a run in order for us to start picking him out more and feeding him the ball.

Gets missed out in our play, simply I think because players aren't used to having a natural left back there, who can deliver into the box.

Players are used to tav, so he gets the ball. Need the same for Borna. It will come.

First 20 mins he looked like a guy who needed the run. Grew into the game as it went on but was one of a few who struggled trying to play short, fast passes on that pitch.

Looking forward to seeing him get a run of games now and hoping that'll at least give us some balance on the left wing to stretch teams.

He wss decent tonight, if a bit rusty to stsrt with.

Absolutely no worries about him for future, total confidence that he will be a reliable LB for us and absolutely the right standard that we need to progress. I know we've not seen a great deal of him yet but I think he just looks like a very capable player.

Not so sure I'd start him on Sunday, maybe give him a good 30 minute, keep him bit fresher for Easter Rd.
Big ask for him to play tonight Sunday then again Wednesday.

Him and Tavernier together would give us two creative full backs for much of the rest of the seaon; perhaps the best in this league. Add to other parts of the team and we could be in strong position. Barisic looks a very solid player overall.

Our best left back option by a country mile.

We bring in 3 quality players in January and our attacking threat/ creativity will look a lot rosier

Probably his best game for us so far, hopefully he is ready for a run in the team.

Would be good to have the same back 4 play together and settle for a good while now.

Can tell he's going to come good for us, looked a bit rusty and needs to play regularly with someone in front of him that he can build an understanding with.

Him and Middleton weren't on the same page a few times but that's to be expected since they've not really played together.

Hopefully stays fit, he offers so much more than Flanagan.

A great attribute he has is that he crosses brilliantly from typically non-crossing positions. The opposition defender has not really made a mistake but Barisic just curls the ball round him at the slightest hint of space. Makes it much more difficult to defend against him. He does not need to really beat a player with a trick as much before crossing.

Back