Borussia Dortmund Tickets

forzarangers87

Official Ticketer
I’m thinking of going to Dortmund next season for a game and was wondering if anyone on FF has been?

If so, how easy is it to get tickets from the official website? Also, do the fixture changes for TV get released far in advance?

Cheers

Went to Dortmund v Frankfurt in 2017. Stayed in Düsseldorf. It was a reasonably big game, but still plenty of touts with tickets outside the ground who you can negotiate with.
Some experience and I would highly recommend it.

I went in April, you won't be disappointed. I bought tickets weeks in advance but on matchday there were some tickets available outside the stadium. The 'Yellow Wall' is brilliant, its a great experience.

You’ll struggle to get in the yellow wall in a general sale, always lots on viagogo though if you want to go down that route - probably come to about £80 all in mind for ticket worth about £15. Did it myself a couple of year ago just to tick it off. Always a few touts knocking about, just depends if you would rather have some sorted before going really - be really careful if you use viagogo though as they can have you over, could easy sell you standing and have you thinking you are in the wall but give you tickets in the opposite side. The relationship with viagogo (collection points at the BVB ticket office) is long gone and you’ll either get them posted or need to collect from a Hotel on matchday, viagogo are hated in Germany - can see the pick up points at some Clubs being attacked on YouTube. Plenty of people go when they play a side with a poor away following and go in the away end - Hoffenheim, Augsburg examples of this, paid 16 euros to go in the Hoffenheim end a couple of year ago - was a bit of a joke to be honest, just full of folk in Dortmund shirts who couldn’t get in the home end.

If you can I would advise going Friday to Monday and staying in Düsseldorf and you’ll more than likely get another match over the weekend as there are loads of Clubs across the top 3 tiers around there. For example Uerdigen in 3 Liga are playing at Fortuna Düsseldorf this season so either them or Fortuna will be at home every weekend. Also Duisburg, Cologne, Leverkusen nearby. Dafter ideas than flying to Eindhoven from Edinburgh if it suits and taking the German Trains bus to Düsseldorf for like 9 euros taking about 80 minutes.

Fixtures for The Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 are out on June 28, usually announce tv times 6/7 weeks in advance. First block till late September I would expect to be named by July 5th and second block by September 6th following European draws.

Last edited:
I went in 2016 for Dortmund v Mainz. Its the only German game I have failed to get tickets via the club so far. They do try and help but the demand for tickets is crazy. We ended up buying tickets on viagogo, no issues!

We actually sat in mainz but there were still loads of Dortmund fans in the away end!

As @Wazza says, try and do a fri-mon trip, this year there are 6 Bundesliga clubs in very close vicinity

Fortuna Dusseldorf
Koln
Bayer Leverkusen
Borussia Monchengladbach
Schalke
Borussia Dortmund

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

I am gathering that it is unlikely I will be able to get tickets directly through the club and more likely through viagogo. Is that correct?

Cheers

I am gathering that it is unlikely I will be able to get tickets directly through the club and more likely through viagogo. Is that correct?

Cheers

Yes, it's unlikely but if you email them, then will try and help with your request. Unfortunately, they cant help everyone but you might end up being one of the lucky ones. You should have no issue getting tickets on viagogo, price will just depend on opposition and their fan base!

Cheers

Pretty much, seated tickets do come up I think on general sale though. Can see why someone would go and not be bothered about going in the wall as it’s good seeing it from other parts of the stadium. I’ve done it once and glad I did it but wouldn’t do it again specifically - especially at the price I paid!

I've wanted to go for years if you go to Dortmund's home page they do packages that start at 209 euros that includes a ticket for a game, tour of the stadium and best of all a tour of a brewery only need to arrange your flights and spending money. My wife wouldn't let me take my son in case I damage his wee mind ( he's only 20 still mum's wee boy)

My wife wouldn't let me take my son in case I damage his wee mind ( he's only 20 still mum's wee boy)
download.php

Dortmund do a package through the website that includes the hotel a match ticket and a museum tour. I done it a few years back for a stag do great experiance

Back