Boss Nights(Liverpool)

Empire

Administrator
Staff member
Songs sung in the style of what happens for Boss Nights or Bobby Parks, that burd with him and his Casio keyboard from the 90’s?

The first option every time.

Even the recorded loyalist songs need redone. It’s always done by the worst style club singer ever. Anytime I hear it, I think it’s someone like this guy which inspired the club singer round on Shooting Stars

The way our songbook is recorded is utterly tragic and embarrassing.

WBD

Official Ticketer
Said it on last thread

Appetite is there. Woukd like to see it in some form. I'd attend.
I saw an interview with Jamie Webster, said it started with a small gathering and grew. If it was to be done it would have to start small and if it's any good will grow. If not, it would be fine for those who want to attend.

WBD

Official Ticketer
Songs sung in the style of what happens for Boss Nights or Bobby Parks, that burd with him and his Casio keyboard from the 90’s?

The first option every time.

Even the recorded loyalist songs need redone. It’s always done by the worst style club singer ever. Anytime I hear it, I think it’s someone like this guy which inspired the club singer round on Shooting Stars

The way our songbook is recorded is utterly tragic and embarrassing.
I have to agree 100% There are decent artists out there. But maybe some of them don't want to be associated with the Bobby Sands stuff. If there was to be something like Boss nights, better sings and recording could follow

Stanley Yelnats

Just showing it as an example. Brilliant song by the way!
In all seriousness I’d be up for attending something like this.

Would probably help in getting more folk to learn lyrics to songs only really sung by the UB. ‘A trip to Ibrox’ is gathering pace but folk keep singing the wrong lyrics at the wrong times.

Last edited:

huistra23

I don't understand some people. The 'Boss' nights would be for people who don't give a %^*& about Loyalism, UVF/UDA, people fed up hearing Bobby Sands name sung at every event (Not criticising anyone for this being their thing, each to their own and all that)

I am proposing to have one of these nights, for people who are only interested in Rangers FC, if you are not one of those, you don't go or criticise anyone wanting to go. Seemples.

As it seems there are not a lot of us about, so it's unlikely to happen, unless it's a tiny venue :D

For the record I do have a couple of musicians prepared to give it a go.
Think there could be a market for it,as a Rangers night,start small,see how it goes,if it's advertised properly.would the Louden be suitable?or interested.

WBD

Official Ticketer
Think there could be a market for it,as a Rangers night,start small,see how it goes,if it's advertised properly.would the Louden be suitable?or interested.
I will consider doing this, may regret it. But depending on interest and assistance! I may do it. Some interest on here but it needs to be more.

Hell, H&H can fill a venue talking about Rangers, maybe we can half fill a venue singing about Rangers :D

Stanley Yelnats

I will consider doing this, may regret it. But depending on interest and assistance! I may do it. Some interest on here but it needs to be more.

Hell, H&H can fill a venue talking about Rangers, maybe we can half fill a venue singing about Rangers :D
You a decent singer mate? Or do you know others who are interested.

BillyBoys

Think it's a cracking idea and something we don't currently have at the minute.

Would love to see a Rangers Only themed gig in Glasgow kicking off and for it to be a semi regular occurrence. The UB have a plentiful amount of Rangers Only songs that are only sang within BF1 or at away games, so the amount of song possibilities wouldnt be a problem.

eastenclosurebear

We could easily have one of these nights without the loyalist songs. We have had plenty of songs over the years that aren't loyalist songs, the songs dont need to be the latest ones we sing.

Theres only one Brian Laudrup
Swing low sweet chariot
Sandy in royal blue
Carlos Cuellar and Boughera songs could be combined aswell

SuperGers07

Liaise with David if you can, he will give you some pointers

sh3lldon

Official Ticketer
What is it with folks fascination with filming everything on their fucking phones.

From matches to shit like this

rfcjonnya

I would be really interested in this. For this to take off everyone getting involved would need to be up for it. Keep the loyalism to sash bash's (which I thoroughly enjoy btw) and have this for strictly songs about Rangers. I am convinced if this grows then it would be the platform to start original songs outwith the great work the UB's do.
What better platform for new songs and to gain the feedback than one of these events?

BobbyShearer55-65

When I think of BOSS, I think either of Steven Gerrard or a designer fashion label.

What has the term got to do with some guy singing and playing a guitar ?!

Is it an acronym for something ?

rangersno.1

I would attend something like this, although i think I know how it ends once everyone is bevied up the party choons will start which would defeat the purpose of the event.

WBD

Official Ticketer
Like a lot of things it could be about the feel good factor. If things are going well in the park, new players songs are more likely to appear, also people are more likely to want to go to this sort of event. Probably why the Liverpool one is so popular with them riding high both at domestic and Europe. I don't know how UB works, but guessing this would not be their sort of thing. Could be wrong.

WBD

Official Ticketer
I would attend something like this, although i think I know how it ends once everyone is bevied up the party choons will start which would defeat the purpose of the event.
It would be strictly no alcohol events :eek::eek::eek::)):)):))

3cheers.Rfc

That's what I'm thinking mate, would be great at first singing the blue sea of Ibrox and every other Saturday, once the drink starts kicking in though it would seem natural to want a bit of the sash and derrys walls at least!! :)

Bluebrox

I still find it utterly astounding - and hugely disappointing - that we still don't have a song for our manager. Incredible really.

Reactions: WBD

Bluebrox

We don't have one for our captain either! FFS Josh windass had a song!
Agreed mate. Feel for Tav in that respect. He has certainly deserved a song long before now.

Not that I'm complaining about a song for him at all, but Defoe had a song ringing round Rugby Park within minutes of his debut - yet still nothing for Tav or our illustrious manager. Utterly bizarre.

WBD

Official Ticketer
Agreed mate. Feel for Tav in that respect. He has certainly deserved a song long before now.

Not that I'm complaining about a song for him at all, but Defoe had a song ringing round Rugby Park within minutes of his debut - yet still nothing for Tav or our illustrious manager. Utterly bizarre.
Because UB are not doing what other Ultra groups do. Getting players songs out there. Defoe song came about because it was an existing football song.

ICM

Because UB are not doing what other Ultra groups do. Getting players songs out there. Defoe song came about because it was an existing football song.
That's not strictly true mate, it was largely UB who pushed Alfredo/Buffalo Soldier into prominence.

Everybody can always do more though. We could really be doing with a proper chant for the gaffer.