Boss Nights(Liverpool)

WBD

Official Ticketer
That's not strictly true mate, it was largely UB who pushed Alfredo/Buffalo Soldier into prominence.

Everybody can always do more though. We could really be doing with a proper chant for the gaffer.
I acknowledge that and was going to mention bit as I have in the past, but 1 player song!!!

Arminius

Official Ticketer
It’s an interesting concept and one I’d be interested in. But using the VVD song as an example, we don’t have similar. Hate to say it, but the mhanks Sinclair and Armstrong songs are what I meant by original. Might be petty but some folk won’t like a band or a song because of their allegiance to another football team.

ESWF, 4 lads, Blue Sea of Ibrox are all great songs, but I just think we’ve got a limited amount for the type of event being proposed
Which would seem to be another aspect of these types of nights, by involving songwriters and musicians.

I'm going to take the staunch points hit here, as well.

I actually think something like this would be a great idea, if we could get young fans interested. Regular events where only Rangers songs are played and sung. New songs written and tried out by musicians. Not one mention of terrorists, Slimmer of the Year, religion or any countries other than Scotland. Just straight up Rangers songs about our club and our players.

That is how you get families and the younger family fans totally involved with clubs. Make every aspect of the attendance experience suitable for male and female kids and their parents and grandparents. I genuinely think all clubs need to move with the times or risk being marginalised on the sidelines of mainstream society.

I'd love to see something like these types of night happen.

ICM

Which would seem to be another aspect of these types of nights, by involving songwriters and musicians.

I'm going to take the staunch points hit here, as well.

I actually think something like this would be a great idea, if we could get young fans interested. Regular events where only Rangers songs are played and sung. New songs written and tried out by musicians. Not one mention of terrorists, Slimmer of the Year, religion or any countries other than Scotland. Just straight up Rangers songs about our club and our players.

That is how you get families and the younger family fans totally involved with clubs. Make every aspect of the attendance experience suitable for male and female kids and their parents and grandparents. I genuinely think all clubs need to move with the times or risk being marginalised on the sidelines of mainstream society.

I'd love to see something like these types of night happen.
Whilst im very much on board with this idea, it will be counter productive if we are going to sanitise and actively whitewash much of what we are about as a club.

We arent just a team from Scotland, who play in blue.

Yes, I'd like fewer songs and frequency about loyalist paramilitaries, the Pope/IRA, Bobby Sands etc but there is a limit to how much we should 'clean up'.

We fly the Saltire and Union flags together, we have The Queen's portrait in the dressing room, we have the Loving Cup and dedicated fans from all over the UK for good, important and legitimate reasons.

I would like this concept to be first and foremost about Rangers songs, with room for other music. Great football songs amongst ours, like Wolverhampton Town, give a nod to our Unionism or Britishness and long may it last.

The concept can be more inclusive and attractive without going OTT and revisionist.

SouthsideRangers

Official Ticketer
Don't see why these kind of nights can't work with most teams with a decent support. Gerry Cinnamon will be doing this with the rattlers when the money dries up from the crowds of roasters who follow him.

EverGer

Would be great if we could get something like this. Sadly, ours would end up as a loyalist sing along.
Exactly. It’s a waste of time even discussing this stuff as so many only care about loyalist tunes rather than stuff about Rangers.

Luca Stroppi

https://youtu.be/-so-sogcA7uzp8

https://youtu.be/j5Gj5GDfAjjPyE

For starters...
I like this and it needn’t be a schism with people who like things the way they are and what’s on offer currently. That’s a good song performed well by the singer and the music backing was actually pretty decent too unlike SOME stuff you hear in pubs or cultural do’s. Our support has plenty of people who can sing perform and even produce good original material as this example and others show and of course a big part of these more concert type gatherings is putting new lyrics to songs and tunes that have been released previously, a long standing tradition on terraces all over Britain for decades because they are catchy tunes and it creates a magnificent atmosphere, what’s not to like?

We all enjoy a good sing song and I would like to see a Rangers night with this type of vibe. If it’s not your thing, fine...each to their own, there was a time the UB. were seen as a waste of time and people didn’t like them or want them and now MOST bears are positive about them and see them as a vital part of our support so it should be the same for this type of event. If there’s people out there who can get the place rocking with good Rangers based material I will be there!

Last edited:
Reactions: WBD

Stanley Yelnats

What’s wrong with including Loyalist tunes?
What’s the need?

We already have Loyalist events, sash bashes etc.

Why can’t we have an event before each game which is all about Rangers? Everyone knows the words to all the loyalist songs already, so there’s no harm in promoting more Rangers songs which aren’t known as well.

WBD

Official Ticketer
What’s wrong with including Loyalist tunes?
There is nothing wrong with loyalist tunes. That's why so many go to sash bashes. But some people are not interested in the Loyalist scene. That is the whole point of this suggestion for a Rangers only bash. I thought that was prey obvious.

GrantGRSC

@WBD whats yours thoughts on the style of the music at these events pal? I think to get into the “target market” it would need to be guitars and a bit more of a gig feel. The keyboard and synthesiser stuff is already there would really like to see the songs played in the Boss night style.

WBD

Official Ticketer
@WBD whats yours thoughts on the style of the music at these events pal? I think to get into the “target market” it would need to be guitars and a bit more of a gig feel. The keyboard and synthesiser stuff is already there would really like to see the songs played in the Boss night style.
I agree, the Boss nights show it works.
I definitely think the guitar is the way to go, much more versatile. I also think it would be a great idea to have some sort of web or Facebook page to have the punters who are going to be up to speed with any new songs. Also to take videos of the nights to showcase the songs (if they are any good :D )

brother moses

Official Ticketer
A couple of songs that would work brilliantly in the guitar/gig type way.

‘In Barcelona’
‘Glasgow Rangers 9iar’

WBD

Official Ticketer
A couple of songs that would work brilliantly in the guitar/gig type way.

‘In Barcelona’
‘Glasgow Rangers 9iar’
I think the Gerrard song above would be a belter too.

There also must be loads of great players songs suggestions on here that never seen the light of day. I may have to do a bit of trolling through them :D

Hagi9uk

Official Ticketer
Right someone get on the blower to Carlinhos academy get this show on the road.

Dingwall on the keyboard
Edgar on the erm... recorder

Now it’s a party :)

Arminius

Official Ticketer
Whilst im very much on board with this idea, it will be counter productive if we are going to sanitise and actively whitewash much of what we are about as a club.

We arent just a team from Scotland, who play in blue.

Yes, I'd like fewer songs and frequency about loyalist paramilitaries, the Pope/IRA, Bobby Sands etc but there is a limit to how much we should 'clean up'.

We fly the Saltire and Union flags together, we have The Queen's portrait in the dressing room, we have the Loving Cup and dedicated fans from all over the UK for good, important and legitimate reasons.

I would like this concept to be first and foremost about Rangers songs, with room for other music. Great football songs amongst ours, like Wolverhampton Town, give a nod to our Unionism or Britishness and long may it last.

The concept can be more inclusive and attractive without going OTT and revisionist.
I accept that as well

It’s about getting the balance right

mdingwall

Administrator
Loyalism or Orangeman isn’t the problem.

It’s the twats who work in swear words or alternative lyrics to traditional or even new songs.

As wee Monty said at a meeting a few years ago - we’re the only support in the world who could work %^*& The Pope into a version of Aghadoo :p

Empire

Administrator
Staff member
The only way this would work is without loyalist songs. We have sash bashes etc for that.

If there was a loyalist element to it, it would get shut down instantly and the police would crawl around it hoping for easy arrests to get their quotas up for the Scottish Nazi Party.

It has to be advertised as traditional and new Rangers songs and the UB’s would likely need to be involved and that’s not a bad thing. After all it’s them that gives our games an atmosphere. However I think they’ll probably not be keen on this but I hope to be proven wrong.

We’ve got such an illustrious songbook celebrating our great club. It’s about time we gave it some pride amongst ourselves as well as coming up with some new ones. We don’t talk our club up enough as a support. There is almost a defeatist attitude amomgst our fans at times when it comes to celebrating and supporting our club with things like this, in particular new songs. Anytime someone like @WBD tries it’s always “cringe” “that’s shite” “save that kind of shite for the tims” etc yet we’ll actively sing about Morelos being a Buffalo solider :D

I genuinely believe and as Jim Morrison and a naked Indian once said,

“if you book it, they will come”

The sad thing is all these popular songs being sung at the moment have been mentioned on here for years. Songs adapted from Dirty old town, waterfall by the stone roses and time after people would come on and go there rubbish.
I love the union bears but they are absolutely dreadful at introducing new songs.

The only way this would work is without loyalist songs. We have sash bashes etc for that.

If there was a loyalist element to it, it would get shut down instantly and the police would crawl around it hoping for easy arrests to get their quotas up for the Scottish Nazi Party.

It has to be advertised as traditional and new Rangers songs and the UB’s would likely need to be involved and that’s not a bad thing. After all it’s them that gives our games an atmosphere. However I think they’ll probably not be keen on this but I hope to be proven wrong.

We’ve got such an illustrious songbook celebrating our great club. It’s about time we gave it some pride amongst ourselves as well as coming up with some new ones.

I genuinely believe and as Jim Morrison and a naked Indian once said,

“if you book it, they will come”
Or Kevin Costner “ build it and they will come”

Loyalism or Orangeman isn’t the problem.

It’s the twats who work in swear words or alternative lyrics to traditional or even new songs.

As wee Monty said at a meeting a few years ago - we’re the only support in the world who could work %^*& The Pope into a version of Aghadoo :p
Agadooo doo doo were the boys in royal blue
Agadoo doo doo we are loyal through and through
Gives us faith , give us hope
F*** the Ra and You know the rest

But you are right and sadly some can’t see the damage they are doing.

Empire

Administrator
Staff member
There’s been loads of good suggestions on here over the years but the Candeias “rhythm of the night” one could have been class. It needed a bit of work done on it but the simple hook was there.

“We’ve got Candeias on the right, the right, oh yeah. Candeias on the right”

Over and over.

Give me a 90s dance song any day of the week.

Anyone fancy trying to get a song using Mr Vain by Culture Beat or New Emotion or Ulitmate High by TTF?

WBD

Official Ticketer
The sad thing is all these popular songs being sung at the moment have been mentioned on here for years. Songs adapted from Dirty old town, waterfall by the stone roses and time after people would come on and go there rubbish.
I love the union bears but they are absolutely dreadful at introducing new songs.
It's their only downside I think. They are 100% committed to the cause. But they are awful at what in my opinion is a major part of what they do, songs!!! That's what's they are there for. They never come up with original material. They fail to allocate songs to deserving players. And to be honest they fail to recognise this and accept help from people outwith UB. Shame

Stanley Yelnats

•Every Saturday We Follow.
•Buffalo Soldier and other Morelos tune.
•We’re on our way (During Europa League).
•Introduced ‘A Trip to Ibrox’
•Ryan Kent song

Plenty others introduced. New Arfield song it’s still to get going. We’ve got the Ajax tune which is a belter if more people joined in.

It’s not totally up to the UB to introduce songs to Ibrox. If others started there songs up within stadium and on social media it’ll catch on. Look at Warburton is magic, UB never introduced that to Ibrox.

WBD

Official Ticketer
There’s been loads of good suggestions on here over the years but the Candeias “rhythm of the night” one could have been class. It needed a bit of work done on it but the simple hook was there.

Over and over.

Anyone fancy trying to get a song using Mr Vain by Culture Beat or New Emotion or Ulitmate High by TTF?
That's where these Boss nights step in, if that suggestion was done, you can hear it works, but so many on here Rio suggestions to pieces, when they are nowhere near qualified. This Boss needs to happen. You can help it

Empire

Administrator
Staff member

Over and over.

See for Defoe what about....

“We know what we want and we want it now. We want goals, Jermain Defoe” using the chorus from Mr Vain. Simple enough.

It's their only downside I think. They are 100% committed to the cause. But they are awful at what in my opinion is a major part of what they do, songs!!! That's what's they are there for. They never come up with original material. They fail to allocate songs to deserving players. And to be honest they fail to recognise this and accept help from people outwith UB. Shame
I love the colour and noise they add. Yet they spoilt it by singing about guns, courtrooms and uniforms. They don’t realise but it makes them look like they are stuck in the 1970s.
They need to set up a place where people can send them song ideas.

Empire

Administrator
Staff member
That's where these Boss nights step in, if that suggestion was done, you can hear it works, but so many on here Rio suggestions to pieces, when they are nowhere near qualified. This Boss needs to happen. You can help it
I’d be more than happy to help get it up and running. We are a very talented support when we put our mind to it. Rangers twitter would be very much in favour of this

•Ryan Kent song

Plenty others introduced. New Arfield song it’s still to get going. We’ve got the Ajax tune which is a belter if more people joined in.

It’s not totally up to the UB to introduce songs to Ibrox. If others started there songs up within stadium and on social media it’ll catch on. Look at Warburton is magic, UB never introduced that to Ibrox.
The are the focal point and therefore other than big games they start all the songs.

WBD

Official Ticketer
•Ryan Kent song

That's a disappointing record you just listed!
That is their achievements?! Deary me.

I am not a tarrier and could at least double that with what the GB have done in the last couple of years. This is not a let's get at UB opportunity for me. I prey the get Thier act together. But ultimately they are failing in this department.

WBD

Official Ticketer
I love the colour and noise they add. Yet they spoilt it by singing about guns, courtrooms and uniforms. They don’t realise but it makes them look like they are stuck in the 1970s.
They need to set up a place where people can send them song ideas.
They are not interested. They do not encourage dialogue. Try contacting them and see if you get a response..

BrooklynBlue

See for Defoe what about....

“We know what we want and we want it now. We want goals, Jermain Defoe” using the chorus from Mr Vain. Simple enough.
To The La's:

There he goes, there he goes again
Racing through their defence
And I just can't explain, he scores in every game
Jermaine Defoe, Jermaine Defoe

:D A lot of fun can be had!

WBD

Official Ticketer
Seems to be a decent amount of people interested. My big fear is this creates a division, it's what we seem to do. How do we make this 'inclusive'?

I see questions like what's wrong with Loyalist songs and it worries me that some will think we are dissing those who like the Loyalist stuf... It's not, it's just we don't have that desire to engulf ourselves in something that has nothing to do with us

BrooklynBlue

Seems to be a decent amount of people interested. My big fear is this creates a division, it's what we seem to do. How do we make this 'inclusive'?

I see questions like what's wrong with Loyalist songs and it worries me that some will think we are dissing those who like the Loyalist stuf... It's not, it's just we don't have that desire to engulf ourselves in something that has nothing to do with us
I wouldn't worry about it. You'll be criticised regardless. If there is enough interest, however, that will overwhelm any negativity.

Nothing ever gets done if you're concerned about an adverse reaction. If you believe in it, go for it.

Empire

Administrator
Staff member
To The La's:

I suggested the La’s for a Gerrard song as having a Mersey beat style song for the gaffer would be a quality song.

WBD

Official Ticketer
To The La's:

That is the nail on the head. There has been so many great suggestions on this forum. But because some make it their career to slag off people they have disappeared. Thats the difference between us and Liverpool fans. They take a chance with it, if it fails it disappears, if it works. Result. The lessons are there to be learned