Boss Nights(Liverpool)

Empire

Administrator
Staff member

WBD

Official Ticketer
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/306256-watch-shevchenko-park-boss-session-fans-kiev

This is a Boss Nights documentary. It was free on Liverpool TV a few weeks ago when the gaffer was playing in that charity match. It was a very good watch.

Talks about how they set it up. From humble beginnings with not many venues touching them to it culminating at Shevchenko Park in Ukraine before the Final vs Madrid.

Great documentary
I am receiving messages from interesting people, my feeling is excitingly this really could happen. The big thing in this is there are people willing to get involved, people who want to get involved it really needs to be the 'Rangers' concept we want.

Again I stress my worry is creating a divide. Which when you look at it is bizzare! A divide because some want to just sing songs about the club you all love

ICM

BOSS was a fanzine which crossed over Liverpool FC, music and clothes predominantly.

Lads who live that scene and the BOSS nights have popularised and they now effectively have a roadshow.

We can take some inspiration from it but it can't be the same.

If this is to happen, there are lots of things to consider and voices to be heard.

Don't rush and do it right.

WBD

Official Ticketer
BOSS was a fanzine which crossed over Liverpool FC, music and clothes predominantly.

Lads who live that scene and the BOSS nights have popularised and they now effectively have a roadshow.

If this is to happen, there are lots of things to consider and voices to be heard.

Perfectly put. You need to be part of this, we don't want to dive in and make an arse if it

WBD

Official Ticketer

Also I noticed, they seem to be influenced by the same sort of music

WBD

Official Ticketer
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/306256-watch-shevchenko-park-boss-session-fans-kiev

This is a Boss Nights documentary. It was free on Liverpool TV a few weeks ago when the gaffer was playing in that charity match. It was a very good watch.

Talks about how they set it up. From humble beginnings with not many venues touching them to it culminating at Shevchenko Park in Ukraine before the Final vs Madrid.

Great documentary
"All we can expect from our football club is to expect to be the best version of themselves on the football pitch and for us to be the best versions of ourselves off the football pitch" How fucking poetic. But perfect is that! We want the players to be the ultimate, they expect the same from us.

WBD

Official Ticketer
Never done anything like this before, but there seems to be a great amount of interest to make it happen
Funny question to ask but.......! Any people who may feel some negative thoughts to this, I am thinking about those from the loyalist persuasion... How do we avoid a division? Opinions obviously

Stanley Yelnats

You won’t be causing any divide mate.

A full Rangers night, with Rangers songs, ranging from well known tunes to less popular ones will work wonders.

We have our walks and sash bashes to celebrate our culture. Never mind the fact we also sing Loyalist songs in the stadium also. There’s nothing to worry about in causing a divide.

If you get the name of the event correct and a proper venue you could be onto something. Also aspects like social media etc will be important moving forward. I think it’d probably be best if it was based on how BOSS do it at Liverpool, with the social media aspect etc. They’ve obviously been a massive success so it would probably be the correct decision to model the event around their blueprint.

WBD

Official Ticketer
Any suggestions on how we should tackle this? Any people, musicians, song writers, recording artistes, venue owners, anything... Contact me via pm

WBD

Official Ticketer
Removed post, not sure if genuine...

Last edited:

Saltcoats_Loyal

Tinhat on here a wee bit unbelievable I need to but hey ho

Before the Scotland games we go to the Renfrew ferry mate and it’s superb flags draped from the top aswell would be class for a Rangers night in there plus you can buy drink by the case if ye want which is always good

I love Loyalist songs don’t think there’s enough sang at the games but if it is Rangers songs at this bash night then it’s Just Rangers songs

Anyone that complains there’s only Rangers songs being played is mental end of I wouldn’t worry what they think they are obviously mental

Reactions: WBD

WBD

Official Ticketer
Tinhat on here a wee bit unbelievable I need to but hey ho

Before the Scotland games we go to the Renfrew ferry mate and it’s superb flags draped from the top aswell would be class for a Rangers night in there plus you can buy drink by the case if ye want which is always good

I love Loyalist songs don’t think there’s enough sang at the games but if it is Rangers songs at this bash night then it’s Just Rangers songs

Anyone that complains there’s only Rangers songs being played is mental end of I wouldn’t worry what they think they are obviously mental
Where is the Ferry theses days?

huistra23

Which would seem to be another aspect of these types of nights, by involving songwriters and musicians.

I'm going to take the staunch points hit here, as well.

I actually think something like this would be a great idea, if we could get young fans interested. Regular events where only Rangers songs are played and sung. New songs written and tried out by musicians. Not one mention of terrorists, Slimmer of the Year, religion or any countries other than Scotland. Just straight up Rangers songs about our club and our players.

That is how you get families and the younger family fans totally involved with clubs. Make every aspect of the attendance experience suitable for male and female kids and their parents and grandparents. I genuinely think all clubs need to move with the times or risk being marginalised on the sidelines of mainstream society.

I'd love to see something like these types of night happen.
What's the chance of follow follow with the proper words?
No mention of the pope,and his big hoose.too many people think this is how it should be sung

11 sasa papacs

Never done anything like this before, but there seems to be a great amount of interest to make it happen
Mate, absolutely go for this. There is a large portion of our support who would love this, think of they younger guys who are out all weekend anyway. If you are a Rangers supporter and enjoy going to gigs it would be a no brainer.

I also think there are more people who don't associate with the loyalist stuff than we probably think. Again, I'm not knocking it but is never something I have been particularly interested in and I know a few mates who are the same.

Would love to see this happening, get it posted on here when you have something please.

SuperGers07

The lads suggestion of the Heart and Hand gig stuff is worth asking. Either a pre show or entertainment when they have their half hour break at the live shows.

Will gauge reaction as the folk who attend HandH are likely to be the ones who attend this

yosser hughes

Funny question to ask but.......! Any people who may feel some negative thoughts to this, I am thinking about those from the loyalist persuasion... How do we avoid a division? Opinions obviously
i wouldn't get yourself worked up over anyone finding negativity in this mate,its just the way some of our support are, you have made more than clear, as have others that you do not have a problem with the loyalist songs in our supports repertoire, if people cannot see that and get upset it is because they want to be ,, you cannot make it any clearer, ,its something different, and the loyalist stuff will still be around in various platforms and premises for those like myself who like the loyalist side of things,, just go for it mate and every success to yourself

Bowery Boy

I don't understand some people. The 'Boss' nights would be for people who don't give a %^*& about Loyalism, UVF/UDA, people fed up hearing Bobby Sands name sung at every event (Not criticising anyone for this being their thing, each to their own and all that)

I am proposing to have one of these nights, for people who are only interested in Rangers FC, if you are not one of those, you don't go or criticise anyone wanting to go. Seemples.

As it seems there are not a lot of us about, so it's unlikely to happen, unless it's a tiny venue :D

For the record I do have a couple of musicians prepared to give it a go.
Count me in

GrantGRSC

Totally agree mate its a culture and for it to hit the ground running it needs to done right. Just looking online at the BOSS nights and even how they are advertised have that bit about them. This needs to be taken on board aswell. Advertising, Venus will be a big part if its to be a success.

Added in an example of the type of "posters" they have for advertising the nights.

Vibeman

There is nothing wrong with loyalist tunes. That's why so many go to sash bashes. But some people are not interested in the Loyalist scene. That is the whole point of this suggestion for a Rangers only bash. I thought that was prey obvious.
It wasn’t obvious because it’s not explained on here as to why. The thread is people as yourself saying you want it to be Rangers only but then complaining there wouldn’t be enough uptake. It seems more obvious to me to combine Loyalist and Rangers making the tunes more contempory

WBD

Official Ticketer
It wasn’t obvious because it’s not explained on here as to why. The thread is people as yourself saying you want it to be Rangers only but then complaining there wouldn’t be enough uptake. It seems more obvious to me to combine Loyalist and Rangers making the tunes more contempory
You are not really getting this are you. I am not interested in going to a gig with Loyalist tunes, there are already plenty there to go to, but I choose not to. It is becoming apparent there are maybe more people like me who would attend a Rangers only gig

Bowery Boy

Fucking hell. There are plenty of occasions and venues where you can FTP and sing about Bobby Sands and the IRA. The guys made it fairly clear it would be a Rangers only night.

Kylegib

Easiest way is to make it crystal clear that this is a Rangers only event for fans to enjoy themselves and to promote the Rangers family. I don't believe anyone that prefers loyalist tunes would have a problem with this. For what it's worth I think these nights if properly run would be awesome for fans.

WBD

Official Ticketer
Some questions for those who would be interested in this.
Would doing the initial one close season be acceptable? End of June/ July
Would it have to be Glasgow, would a wee town, say Largs as an example be better?

Just trying to work out how best to do it.

Not even sure what numbers to aim for.

All suggestions welcome.

Arminius

Official Ticketer
Even getting the kids versions going now. Class.

That is real forward thinking stuff going on there.

Those kids are having a great time and the depth of feeling Liverpoolare engendering in those children will never leave them.

Future season ticket holders. Future Kop end singers. Guaranteeing another generation of atmosphere at Anfield.

Honestly. That is a fabulous example that we would do very well to follow

3cheers.Rfc

Some questions for those who would be interested in this.
Would doing the initial one close season be acceptable? End of June/ July
Would it have to be Glasgow, would a wee town, say Largs as an example be better?

Just trying to work out how best to do it.

Not even sure what numbers to aim for.

All suggestions welcome.
Probably to late now mate, but I would have thought some sort of end of season party?

Location wise I would guess Glasgow.

AzorIbrox

It's absolutely brilliant what the Liverpool fans are doing at the moment. Phenomenal songs for the majority of their players creating an unbelievable atmosphere and bond between players & fans.

We desperately need more of this.

WBD

Official Ticketer
I like Gerry cinnamon and Rangers so win win.
I’d rather go to this than a sash bash/uvf pish all day long
Me too. Had never heard of him until I checked a song I saw in a Boss video, liked it and searched and found it was Belter by Gerry Cinnamon.

On that note, if people are going to say things like we can't use that tune, the band who sung that are this or that...

Noticed that Boss use songs from Oasis and whoever. It doesn't matter to me who did the original

WBD

Official Ticketer
It's absolutely brilliant what the Liverpool fans are doing at the moment. Phenomenal songs for the majority of their players creating an unbelievable atmosphere and bond between players & fans.

We desperately need more of this.
Jurgen Klopp turned up at one of them :)