Boss Nights(Liverpool)

I must be getting auld. That’s one of the gayest fkin things I’ve ever seen. Canny beat the auld Derry sash bashes when we were playing the scum. Dodging chucked El-D bottles and Tennents cans full o’ pish.

I like Gerry cinnamon and rangers so win win.
I’d rather go to this than a sash bash/uvf pish all day long
What a way to win people round.:rolleyes:
"Sash bash/UVF Pish"
Gerry Cinnamon,really?.
P S I really should have left the Cinnamon comment out as my daughter &granddaughter's love him along with the other up and coming prick Capaldi.:p

Last edited:
"Sash bash/UVF Pish"
Gerry Cinnamon,really?.
P S I really should have left the Cinnamon comment out as my daughter &granddaughter's love him along with the other up and coming prick Capaldi.:p
Leaving aside his allegiances, GC is a great performer and Jamie Webster uses style of guitar strum at the Boss nights.

Leaving aside his allegiances, GC is a great performer and Jamie Webster uses style of guitar strum at the Boss nights.
Whatever floats your boat mate.I'm sure it will be a success amongst the younger Rangers support and I wish you well.

Reactions: WBD
This is a brilliant idea and I will definitely attend if one of these nights is arranged.

Ibrox has become stagnant. Anything that encourages people to come up with new songs has to be a good thing.

Hopefully you can find lots of willing musicians as I'm sure the fans will attend these events.

Ignore the older generation who may be against this. The younger generation must be encouraged.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of our younger fans would much rather this than a sash bash.

This is a brilliant idea and I will definitely attend if one of these nights is arranged.

Ibrox has become stagnant. Anything that encourages people to come up with new songs has to be a good thing.

Hopefully you can find lots of willing musicians as I'm sure the fans will attend these events.

Ignore the older generation who may be against this. The younger generation must be encouraged.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of our younger fans would much rather this than a sash bash.
A lot of old rockers out there too :D

James Tavernier
Rangers number 2
He scores the goals
He assists them to
He's proud to wear red white & blue
He's our blue cafu
He's our blue cafu.

There was one posted by someone else on here before in another thread and it’s stuck in ma head

He’s our Right Back
He’s our Number 2
We Watch him defend we Watch him score goals to
He is our captain And we hold him dear
James Tavernier
James Tavernier

There was one posted by someone else on here before in another thread and it’s stuck in ma head

He’s our Right Back
He’s our Number 2
We Watch him defend we Watch him score goals to
He is our captain And we hold him dear
James Tavernier
James Tavernier
It's a great wee option, but it's another one copied from other fans. We do that too much

The whole sash bash/"Boss" type night debate is baffling. Its not a one or the other situation. Both nights can be out there and both I'm sure will be supported.

And these nights aren't just for people who don't like sash bash's or the loyalists stuff its just a completely different night! They don't have to be compared to each other.

These nights done properly which I'm sure they will be could be the breathe of fresh air the support needs. A platform for songs to take off and hopefully a chance for the performers to showcase what they are all about as well.

The whole sash bash/"Boss" type night debate is baffling. Its not a one or the other situation. Both nights can be out there and both I'm sure will be supported.

And these nights aren't just for people who don't like sash bash's or the loyalists stuff its just a completely different night! They don't have to be compared to each other.

These nights done properly which I'm sure they will be could be the breathe of fresh air the support needs. A platform for songs to take off and hopefully a chance for the performers to showcase what they are all about as well.
Well said.

"Sash bash/UVF Pish"
Gerry Cinnamon,really?.
I’m not trying to win anybody over,if your into the uvf etc fair enough to me singing about the uvf,rifles ,Bobby sands the pope blah blah at a
football match is one load of bollocks imo
I only care about rangers nothing else.
Same go’s for Celtic fans singing about huns,the ira,the queen,Palestine,ira etc!
To ME(that’s the important bit)it’s all a load of pish
Ps back to the original point if these night get going & it’s like the Liverpool ones celebrating all things rangers with a cracking concert like atmosphere I think it would be brilliant if it’s loyalist stuff etc I’m not interested.

I’m not trying to win anybody over,if your into the uvf etc fair enough to me singing about the uvf,rifles ,Bobby sands the pope blah blah at a
football match is one load of bollocks imo
I only care about rangers nothing else.
Same go’s for Celtic fans singing about huns,the ira,the queen,Palestine,ira etc!
To ME(that’s the important bit)it’s all a load of pish
Ps back to the original point if these night get going & it’s like the Liverpool ones celebrating all things rangers with a cracking concert like atmosphere I think it would be brilliant if it’s loyalist stuff etc I’m not interested.
If it's all about you then there's nothing to say.

If it's all about you then there's nothing to say.
Is that not what a forum is about posting your own opinion?
If you don’t agree then so be it,what I posted is my opinion.if yours is the opposite then fair enough
Ps what exactly is it your annoyed at?

My effort for our captain to the same tune as the VVD song the Liverpool fans sing.

James Tavernier
Rangers number 2
He's proud to wear the royal blue
Just wait and see what he can do
He's our blue Cafu
He's our blue Cafu
What about this one by the beautiful south Rotterdam or anywhere for tav

He's been to Newcastle and Sheffield
Carlisle and Shrewsbury
But now he plays for Rangers
He's best you'll ever see
James Tavernier

Chumbawumba Tumbthumping?

'James Tavenier, he'll score again,
Your never gonna keep him down,
James Tavernier, he'll score again..........

I don't understand some people. The 'Boss' nights would be for people who don't give a %^*& about Loyalism, UVF/UDA, people fed up hearing Bobby Sands name sung at every event (Not criticising anyone for this being their thing, each to their own and all that)

I am proposing to have one of these nights, for people who are only interested in Rangers FC, if you are not one of those, you don't go or criticise anyone wanting to go. Seemples.

As it seems there are not a lot of us about, so it's unlikely to happen, unless it's a tiny venue :D

For the record I do have a couple of musicians pepared to give it a go.
I love a good sash bash, but I'd also be interested in a Rangers only night. We have some fantastic songs and would be good to hear them getting blasted out , one after another with a musician on a guitar rather than an electronic keyboard.

Is that not what a forum is about posting your own opinion?
If you don’t agree then so be it,what I posted is my opinion.if yours is the opposite then fair enough
Ps what exactly is it your annoyed at?
I'm old enough to be annoyed at everything.:p
I just thought. that you could have made your point without using the word 'pish'
I do hope the night's work out though.

I love a good sash bash, but I'd also be interested in a Rangers only night. We have some fantastic songs and would be good to hear them getting blasted out , one after another with a musician on a guitar rather than an electronic keyboard.
This is the sort of song that I think would be desirable...

That’s Glasgow Rangers (That’s Entertainment)

Willie Henderson and Willie Johnston
Brian Laudrup ,Souness, Alan Morton
Davie Cooper, Gazza, Nacho Novo
Ian Durrant, and Ronald de Boer
That's entertainment
That's Glasgow Rangers

72 in Barcelona
Winning trebles over and over
Helicopter Sundays were oh so special
And the joy of 9 in a row
That's entertainment
That's Glasgow Rangers

Harold Davis and Bobby Shearer
Super Ally and Slim Jim Baxter
Dado Prso, Albertz, Bobby Russell
Ralphy Brand and Jimmy Millar
That's entertainment
That's Glasgow Rangers

The lad that sung TBSOI on The Terrace is an example of the route we could go down.

Maybe it could be tested on a small scale... maybe 4 or 5 songs like this bolted onto a old player night at the Louden or a H+H night to test the water. If it gets a following then it could grow from there.

It won't be for everyone but like it or not there's a growing number of our fans who are proud of our history but would prefer a sing song with Rangers songs only.

The lad that sung TBSOI on The Terrace is an example of the route we could go down.

Maybe it could be tested on a small scale... maybe 4 or 5 songs like this bolted onto a old player night at the Louden or a H+H night to test the water. If it gets a following then it could grow from there.

It won't be for everyone but like it or not there's a growing number of our fans who are proud of our history but would prefer a sing song with Rangers songs only.
This will be going ahead. (Hopefully the WRC) All we really need now is a date confirmed so as to ensure the musicians offering their services will be available on that night. I do think the numbers will be quite good given the interest on here.

This will be going ahead. (Hopefully the WRC) All we really need now is a date confirmed so as to ensure the musicians offering their services will be available on that night. I do think the numbers will be quite good given the interest on here.

Start it on a small scale Davie, maybe tie it in with another event or a match. Give it a bit of time to grow.

It'll definitely work but some fans may need a little bit of time to get onboard.

good luck with it!

Start it on a small scale Davie, maybe tie it in with another event or a match. Give it a bit of time to grow.

It'll definitely work but some fans may need a little bit of time to get onboard.

good luck with it!
I agree mate that's how the 'Boss' nights started (small scale) As I said a lot of positive feedback and people interested, but as you suggest for these nights to be a success, the groundwork needs to be done. Maybe a private event with a few 'invited guests' to iron out any issues, before increasing numbers.

Hoping to coincide with a pre season friendly.

Totally agree mate its a culture and for it to hit the ground running it needs to done right. Just looking online at the BOSS nights and even how they are advertised have that bit about them. This needs to be taken on board aswell. Advertising, Venus will be a big part if its to be a success.

Added in an example of the type of "posters" they have for advertising the nights.

D2xjepNWkAIGaMu.jpg
@WBD

Back