Boss Nights(Liverpool)

GrantGRSC

Seen alot of videos kicking about of the Liverpool Boss Nights and was thinking surely theres someone out there who could do this for us!

The traditional stuff on the keyboard has its place and its audience but the younger generation need something more like the Boss nights, guitars and a proper gig feel to it.

Would love to see something like this kick off.

14SAhCS.gif

Seen alot of videos kicking about of the Liverpool Boss Nights and was thinking surely theres someone out there who could do this for us!

The traditional stuff on the keyboard has its place and its audience but the younger generation need something more like the Boss nights, guitars and a proper gig feel to it.

Would love to see something like this kick off.

Been down to a couple of Boss nights, the last one was PSG away.

The things is there’s 3 or 4 guys that play and not just Jamie Webster.

Would be a brilliant thing but I just can’t see it

Thread on this the other week, @WBD was trying to see if there was interest for a Rangers night only, never seemed to popular.

Would love to see us be able to organise something like this, would need to be Rangers/Loyalist for it to gain enough interest imo.

The Boss Nights look brilliant.The VVD song is terrific.

Too many splits in our support for it to happen.

We still have wallopers going into The Megastore at Ibrox.

ITSAAAAAAA VIRGIL VAN DIJKKK !
The one in Munich looked amazing. Secretly a bit jealous we dont have something like this because they look superb.

Ill take the hit on the staunch points because when he sings the VVD song the place is absolutely rocking.

I’d argue there probably aren’t enough ‘original’ songs in our repertoire for this type of event.
Would anyone really pay to see some guy play a few chords of Seven Nation Army or Love Will Tear Us Apart?

I don't understand some people. The 'Boss' nights would be for people who don't give a %^*& about Loyalism, UVF/UDA, people fed up hearing Bobby Sands name sung at every event (Not criticising anyone for this being their thing, each to their own and all that)

I am proposing to have one of these nights, for people who are only interested in Rangers FC, if you are not one of those, you don't go or criticise anyone wanting to go. Seemples.

As it seems there are not a lot of us about, so it's unlikely to happen, unless it's a tiny venue :D

For the record I do have a couple of musicians prepared to give it a go.

I’d argue there probably aren’t enough ‘original’ songs in our repertoire for this type of event.
Would anyone really pay to see some guy play a few chords of Seven Nation Army or Love Will Tear Us Apart?
Boss night don't exclusively play Liverpool songs, they play popular songs for people to sing along to. Also there are plenty original songs for a a set mixed with current songs like ESWF, 4 Lads...

Last edited:
I don't understand some people. The 'Boss' nights would be for people who don't give a %^*& about Loyalism, UVF/UDA, people fed up hearing Bobby Sands name sung at every event (Not criticising anyone for this being their thing, each to their own and all that)

I am proposing to have one of these nights, for people who are only interested in Rangers FC, if you are not one of those, you don't go or criticise anyone wanting to go. Seemples.

As it seems there are not a lot of us about, so it's unlikely to happen, unless it's a tiny venue :D

Boss night don't exclusively play Liverpool songs, they play popular songs for people to sing along to. Also there are plenty original songs for a a set mixed with current songs like ESWF, 4 Lads...

It’s an interesting concept and one I’d be interested in. But using the VVD song as an example, we don’t have similar. Hate to say it, but the mhanks Sinclair and Armstrong songs are what I meant by original. Might be petty but some folk won’t like a band or a song because of their allegiance to another football team.

ESWF, 4 lads, Blue Sea of Ibrox are all great songs but I just think we’ve got a limited amount for the type of event being proposed

Renfrew Ferry Would be ideal for this, Plus “ bigots”can always hijack it with a good bit of Culture at the smoking area while searching for ma Jaw

It’s an interesting concept and one I’d be interested in. But using the VVD song as an example, we don’t have similar. Hate to say it, but the mhanks Sinclair and Armstrong songs are what I meant by original. Might be petty but some folk won’t like a band or a song because of their allegiance to another football team.

ESWF, 4 lads, Blue Sea of Ibrox are all great songs but I just think we’ve got a limited amount for the type of event being proposed

https://youtu.be/-so-sogcA7uzp8

https://youtu.be/j5Gj5GDfAjjPyE

For starters...

Songs sung in the style of what happens for Boss Nights or Bobby Parks, that burd with him and his Casio keyboard from the 90’s?

The first option every time.

Even the recorded loyalist songs need redone. It’s always done by the worst style club singer ever. Anytime I hear it, I think it’s someone like this guy which inspired the club singer round on Shooting Stars

The way our songbook is recorded is utterly tragic and embarrassing.

Said it on last thread

Appetite is there. Woukd like to see it in some form. I'd attend.
I saw an interview with Jamie Webster, said it started with a small gathering and grew. If it was to be done it would have to start small and if it's any good will grow. If not, it would be fine for those who want to attend.

Songs sung in the style of what happens for Boss Nights or Bobby Parks, that burd with him and his Casio keyboard from the 90’s?

The first option every time.

Even the recorded loyalist songs need redone. It’s always done by the worst style club singer ever. Anytime I hear it, I think it’s someone like this guy which inspired the club singer round on Shooting Stars

The way our songbook is recorded is utterly tragic and embarrassing.
I have to agree 100% There are decent artists out there. But maybe some of them don't want to be associated with the Bobby Sands stuff. If there was to be something like Boss nights, better sings and recording could follow

Just showing it as an example. Brilliant song by the way!
In all seriousness I’d be up for attending something like this.

Would probably help in getting more folk to learn lyrics to songs only really sung by the UB. ‘A trip to Ibrox’ is gathering pace but folk keep singing the wrong lyrics at the wrong times.

Last edited:
Back