Boss Nights(Liverpool)

I don't understand some people. The 'Boss' nights would be for people who don't give a %^*& about Loyalism, UVF/UDA, people fed up hearing Bobby Sands name sung at every event (Not criticising anyone for this being their thing, each to their own and all that)

I am proposing to have one of these nights, for people who are only interested in Rangers FC, if you are not one of those, you don't go or criticise anyone wanting to go. Seemples.

As it seems there are not a lot of us about, so it's unlikely to happen, unless it's a tiny venue :D

For the record I do have a couple of musicians prepared to give it a go.
Think there could be a market for it,as a Rangers night,start small,see how it goes,if it's advertised properly.would the Louden be suitable?or interested.

Think there could be a market for it,as a Rangers night,start small,see how it goes,if it's advertised properly.would the Louden be suitable?or interested.
I will consider doing this, may regret it. But depending on interest and assistance! I may do it. Some interest on here but it needs to be more.

Hell, H&H can fill a venue talking about Rangers, maybe we can half fill a venue singing about Rangers :D

I will consider doing this, may regret it. But depending on interest and assistance! I may do it. Some interest on here but it needs to be more.

Hell, H&H can fill a venue talking about Rangers, maybe we can half fill a venue singing about Rangers :D
You a decent singer mate? Or do you know others who are interested.

Think it's a cracking idea and something we don't currently have at the minute.

Would love to see a Rangers Only themed gig in Glasgow kicking off and for it to be a semi regular occurrence. The UB have a plentiful amount of Rangers Only songs that are only sang within BF1 or at away games, so the amount of song possibilities wouldnt be a problem.

We could easily have one of these nights without the loyalist songs. We have had plenty of songs over the years that aren't loyalist songs, the songs dont need to be the latest ones we sing.

Theres only one Brian Laudrup
Swing low sweet chariot
Sandy in royal blue
Carlos Cuellar and Boughera songs could be combined aswell

Liaise with David if you can, he will give you some pointers

What is it with folks fascination with filming everything on their fucking phones.

From matches to shit like this

I would be really interested in this. For this to take off everyone getting involved would need to be up for it. Keep the loyalism to sash bash's (which I thoroughly enjoy btw) and have this for strictly songs about Rangers. I am convinced if this grows then it would be the platform to start original songs outwith the great work the UB's do.
What better platform for new songs and to gain the feedback than one of these events?

When I think of BOSS, I think either of Steven Gerrard or a designer fashion label.

What has the term got to do with some guy singing and playing a guitar ?!

Is it an acronym for something ?

I would attend something like this, although i think I know how it ends once everyone is bevied up the party choons will start which would defeat the purpose of the event.

Like a lot of things it could be about the feel good factor. If things are going well in the park, new players songs are more likely to appear, also people are more likely to want to go to this sort of event. Probably why the Liverpool one is so popular with them riding high both at domestic and Europe. I don't know how UB works, but guessing this would not be their sort of thing. Could be wrong.

I would attend something like this, although i think I know how it ends once everyone is bevied up the party choons will start which would defeat the purpose of the event.
It would be strictly no alcohol events :eek::eek::eek::)):)):))

That's what I'm thinking mate, would be great at first singing the blue sea of Ibrox and every other Saturday, once the drink starts kicking in though it would seem natural to want a bit of the sash and derrys walls at least!! :)

I still find it utterly astounding - and hugely disappointing - that we still don't have a song for our manager. Incredible really.

Reactions: WBD
We don't have one for our captain either! FFS Josh windass had a song!
Agreed mate. Feel for Tav in that respect. He has certainly deserved a song long before now.

Not that I'm complaining about a song for him at all, but Defoe had a song ringing round Rugby Park within minutes of his debut - yet still nothing for Tav or our illustrious manager. Utterly bizarre.

Agreed mate. Feel for Tav in that respect. He has certainly deserved a song long before now.

Not that I'm complaining about a song for him at all, but Defoe had a song ringing round Rugby Park within minutes of his debut - yet still nothing for Tav or our illustrious manager. Utterly bizarre.
Because UB are not doing what other Ultra groups do. Getting players songs out there. Defoe song came about because it was an existing football song.

Because UB are not doing what other Ultra groups do. Getting players songs out there. Defoe song came about because it was an existing football song.

That's not strictly true mate, it was largely UB who pushed Alfredo/Buffalo Soldier into prominence.

Everybody can always do more though. We could really be doing with a proper chant for the gaffer.

That's not strictly true mate, it was largely UB who pushed Alfredo/Buffalo Soldier into prominence.

Everybody can always do more though. We could really be doing with a proper chant for the gaffer.
I acknowledge that and was going to mention bit as I have in the past, but 1 player song!!!

It’s an interesting concept and one I’d be interested in. But using the VVD song as an example, we don’t have similar. Hate to say it, but the mhanks Sinclair and Armstrong songs are what I meant by original. Might be petty but some folk won’t like a band or a song because of their allegiance to another football team.

ESWF, 4 lads, Blue Sea of Ibrox are all great songs, but I just think we’ve got a limited amount for the type of event being proposed

Which would seem to be another aspect of these types of nights, by involving songwriters and musicians.

I'm going to take the staunch points hit here, as well.

I actually think something like this would be a great idea, if we could get young fans interested. Regular events where only Rangers songs are played and sung. New songs written and tried out by musicians. Not one mention of terrorists, Slimmer of the Year, religion or any countries other than Scotland. Just straight up Rangers songs about our club and our players.

That is how you get families and the younger family fans totally involved with clubs. Make every aspect of the attendance experience suitable for male and female kids and their parents and grandparents. I genuinely think all clubs need to move with the times or risk being marginalised on the sidelines of mainstream society.

I'd love to see something like these types of night happen.

Which would seem to be another aspect of these types of nights, by involving songwriters and musicians.

I'm going to take the staunch points hit here, as well.

I actually think something like this would be a great idea, if we could get young fans interested. Regular events where only Rangers songs are played and sung. New songs written and tried out by musicians. Not one mention of terrorists, Slimmer of the Year, religion or any countries other than Scotland. Just straight up Rangers songs about our club and our players.

That is how you get families and the younger family fans totally involved with clubs. Make every aspect of the attendance experience suitable for male and female kids and their parents and grandparents. I genuinely think all clubs need to move with the times or risk being marginalised on the sidelines of mainstream society.

I'd love to see something like these types of night happen.

Whilst im very much on board with this idea, it will be counter productive if we are going to sanitise and actively whitewash much of what we are about as a club.

We arent just a team from Scotland, who play in blue.

Yes, I'd like fewer songs and frequency about loyalist paramilitaries, the Pope/IRA, Bobby Sands etc but there is a limit to how much we should 'clean up'.

We fly the Saltire and Union flags together, we have The Queen's portrait in the dressing room, we have the Loving Cup and dedicated fans from all over the UK for good, important and legitimate reasons.

I would like this concept to be first and foremost about Rangers songs, with room for other music. Great football songs amongst ours, like Wolverhampton Town, give a nod to our Unionism or Britishness and long may it last.

The concept can be more inclusive and attractive without going OTT and revisionist.

Don't see why these kind of nights can't work with most teams with a decent support. Gerry Cinnamon will be doing this with the rattlers when the money dries up from the crowds of roasters who follow him.

Would be great if we could get something like this. Sadly, ours would end up as a loyalist sing along.
Exactly. It’s a waste of time even discussing this stuff as so many only care about loyalist tunes rather than stuff about Rangers.

https://youtu.be/-so-sogcA7uzp8

https://youtu.be/j5Gj5GDfAjjPyE

For starters...
I like this and it needn’t be a schism with people who like things the way they are and what’s on offer currently. That’s a good song performed well by the singer and the music backing was actually pretty decent too unlike SOME stuff you hear in pubs or cultural do’s. Our support has plenty of people who can sing perform and even produce good original material as this example and others show and of course a big part of these more concert type gatherings is putting new lyrics to songs and tunes that have been released previously, a long standing tradition on terraces all over Britain for decades because they are catchy tunes and it creates a magnificent atmosphere, what’s not to like?

We all enjoy a good sing song and I would like to see a Rangers night with this type of vibe. If it’s not your thing, fine...each to their own, there was a time the UB. were seen as a waste of time and people didn’t like them or want them and now MOST bears are positive about them and see them as a vital part of our support so it should be the same for this type of event. If there’s people out there who can get the place rocking with good Rangers based material I will be there!

Last edited:
Reactions: WBD
What’s wrong with including Loyalist tunes?
What’s the need?

We already have Loyalist events, sash bashes etc.

Why can’t we have an event before each game which is all about Rangers? Everyone knows the words to all the loyalist songs already, so there’s no harm in promoting more Rangers songs which aren’t known as well.

What’s wrong with including Loyalist tunes?
There is nothing wrong with loyalist tunes. That's why so many go to sash bashes. But some people are not interested in the Loyalist scene. That is the whole point of this suggestion for a Rangers only bash. I thought that was prey obvious.

@WBD whats yours thoughts on the style of the music at these events pal? I think to get into the “target market” it would need to be guitars and a bit more of a gig feel. The keyboard and synthesiser stuff is already there would really like to see the songs played in the Boss night style.

@WBD whats yours thoughts on the style of the music at these events pal? I think to get into the “target market” it would need to be guitars and a bit more of a gig feel. The keyboard and synthesiser stuff is already there would really like to see the songs played in the Boss night style.
I agree, the Boss nights show it works.
I definitely think the guitar is the way to go, much more versatile. I also think it would be a great idea to have some sort of web or Facebook page to have the punters who are going to be up to speed with any new songs. Also to take videos of the nights to showcase the songs (if they are any good :D )

A couple of songs that would work brilliantly in the guitar/gig type way.

‘In Barcelona’
‘Glasgow Rangers 9iar’

A couple of songs that would work brilliantly in the guitar/gig type way.

‘In Barcelona’
‘Glasgow Rangers 9iar’
I think the Gerrard song above would be a belter too.

There also must be loads of great players songs suggestions on here that never seen the light of day. I may have to do a bit of trolling through them :D

Right someone get on the blower to Carlinhos academy get this show on the road.

Dingwall on the keyboard
Edgar on the erm... recorder

Now it’s a party :)

Whilst im very much on board with this idea, it will be counter productive if we are going to sanitise and actively whitewash much of what we are about as a club.

We arent just a team from Scotland, who play in blue.

Yes, I'd like fewer songs and frequency about loyalist paramilitaries, the Pope/IRA, Bobby Sands etc but there is a limit to how much we should 'clean up'.

We fly the Saltire and Union flags together, we have The Queen's portrait in the dressing room, we have the Loving Cup and dedicated fans from all over the UK for good, important and legitimate reasons.

I would like this concept to be first and foremost about Rangers songs, with room for other music. Great football songs amongst ours, like Wolverhampton Town, give a nod to our Unionism or Britishness and long may it last.

The concept can be more inclusive and attractive without going OTT and revisionist.

I accept that as well

It’s about getting the balance right

Loyalism or Orangeman isn’t the problem.

It’s the twats who work in swear words or alternative lyrics to traditional or even new songs.

As wee Monty said at a meeting a few years ago - we’re the only support in the world who could work %^*& The Pope into a version of Aghadoo :p

The only way this would work is without loyalist songs. We have sash bashes etc for that.

If there was a loyalist element to it, it would get shut down instantly and the police would crawl around it hoping for easy arrests to get their quotas up for the Scottish Nazi Party.

It has to be advertised as traditional and new Rangers songs and the UB’s would likely need to be involved and that’s not a bad thing. After all it’s them that gives our games an atmosphere. However I think they’ll probably not be keen on this but I hope to be proven wrong.

We’ve got such an illustrious songbook celebrating our great club. It’s about time we gave it some pride amongst ourselves as well as coming up with some new ones. We don’t talk our club up enough as a support. There is almost a defeatist attitude amomgst our fans at times when it comes to celebrating and supporting our club with things like this, in particular new songs. Anytime someone like @WBD tries it’s always “cringe” “that’s shite” “save that kind of shite for the tims” etc yet we’ll actively sing about Morelos being a Buffalo solider :D

I genuinely believe and as Jim Morrison and a naked Indian once said,

“if you book it, they will come”

Back