Boss Nights(Liverpool)

Some questions for those who would be interested in this.
Would doing the initial one close season be acceptable? End of June/ July
Would it have to be Glasgow, would a wee town, say Largs as an example be better?

Just trying to work out how best to do it.

Not even sure what numbers to aim for.

All suggestions welcome.

Even getting the kids versions going now. Class.

That is real forward thinking stuff going on there.

Those kids are having a great time and the depth of feeling Liverpoolare engendering in those children will never leave them.

Future season ticket holders. Future Kop end singers. Guaranteeing another generation of atmosphere at Anfield.

Honestly. That is a fabulous example that we would do very well to follow

Would it have to be Glasgow, would a wee town, say Largs as an example be better?

All suggestions welcome.

Probably to late now mate, but I would have thought some sort of end of season party?

Location wise I would guess Glasgow.

Reactions: WBD
It's absolutely brilliant what the Liverpool fans are doing at the moment. Phenomenal songs for the majority of their players creating an unbelievable atmosphere and bond between players & fans.

We desperately need more of this.

I like Gerry cinnamon and rangers so win win.
I’d rather go to this than a sash bash/uvf pish all day long
Me too. Had never heard of him until I checked a song I saw in a Boss video, liked it and searched and found it was Belter by Gerry Cinnamon.

On that note, if people are going to say things like we can't use that tune, the band who sung that are this or that...

Noticed that Boss use songs from Oasis and whoever. It doesn't matter to me who did the original

It's absolutely brilliant what the Liverpool fans are doing at the moment. Phenomenal songs for the majority of their players creating an unbelievable atmosphere and bond between players & fans.

We desperately need more of this.
Jurgen Klopp turned up at one of them :)

I don't understand some people. The 'Boss' nights would be for people who don't give a %^*& about Loyalism, UVF/UDA, people fed up hearing Bobby Sands name sung at every event (Not criticising anyone for this being their thing, each to their own and all that)

I am proposing to have one of these nights, for people who are only interested in Rangers FC, if you are not one of those, you don't go or criticise anyone wanting to go. Seemples.

As it seems there are not a lot of us about, so it's unlikely to happen, unless it's a tiny venue :D

For the record I do have a couple of musicians prepared to give it a go.
Brilliant idea.

All suggestions welcome.

End of season would be a good idea to start, but would have to be well advertised in plenty of time, maybe advertise it at last home game? I think by doing it during the season you will maybe attract more folk, as it could be timed for after a home game.

I would say Glasgow is best bet, taking into account transport links and the amount of support we have in Glasgow and the surrounding areas I would imagine you would have more chance of success there.

All suggestions welcome.

It's got to be in Glasgow, its our city after all ;)

End of season would be a good idea to start, but would have to be well advertised in plenty of time, maybe advertise it at last home game? I think by doing it during the season you will maybe attract more folk, as it could be timed for after a home game.

I would say Glasgow is best bet, taking into account transport links and the amount of support we have in Glasgow and the surrounding areas I would imagine you would have more chance of success there.
I am thinking timing may be an issue. I currently have 1 confirmed and 1 likely willing musician. They would have to get up to speed with the song list we want to attempt. Never having done anything remotely like this before, I want to be certain everything is done correctly.

I would actually like to set up some sort of web/Facebook page for those likely to be attending this. I watched the Boss documentary last night and it has given me lots of food for thought. Would like to digest it and reflect.

I am thinking timing may be an issue. I currently have 1 confirmed and 1 likely willing musician. They would have to get up to speed with the song list we want to attempt. Never having done anything remotely like this before, I want to be certain everything is done correctly.

I would actually like to set up some sort of web/Facebook page for those likely to be attending this. I watched the Boss documentary last night and it has given me lots of food for thought. Would like to digest it and reflect.

There’s a Gers fan on YouTube with a good voice and a guitar called Dean Chalmers. He would be a good fit if interested.

If we had that Fan Zone were after we could have a singer singing songs that hopefully spread to the terraces.

Anyone with genuine interest in writing songs about the club/players should get together and brainstorm.

We’ve not even got an original song for Steven Gerrard, that’s how bad things are!

What about pre-season to fit on with a friendly match?

There’s a Gers fan on YouTube with a good voice and a guitar called Dean Chalmers. He would be a good fit if interested.

If we had that Fan Zone were after we could have a singer singing songs that hopefully spread to the terraces.

Anyone with genuine interest in writing songs about the club/players should get together and brainstorm.

We’ve not even got an original song for Steven Gerrard, that’s how bad things are!
I messaged Dean, I don't hold out much hope for a couple of reasons, his nose may be a wee bit out of joint due to the lack of interest in his Stevie G song and the fact this sort of thing he may feel will affect his professional career.

The suggestion about songwriters and musicians coming together is spot on. This could be a focal point and it is my intention to have some web page where, those wanting to get involved in writing and recording can do so. And those intending going to the events can be familiar with the new songs

Liverpool is a great Mathew st is jumping at week ends. I been few times now was over there at the weekend for stag and was lucky to get a ticket for Chelsea end was great time part from the results and I recommend may Duncan’s cheep place stay and u not pay over £3.20 for a drink

Nice idea in theory but our support isn’t imaginative enough for this kind of thing. Sad but true. Bufalo song only original one for years. No tune for a stalwart like Tav, none for Steven Gerrard.

The old loyalist tunes still rule the roost in our support.

Nice idea in theory but our support isn’t imaginative enough for this kind of thing. Sad but true. Bufalo song only original one for years. No tune for a stalwart like Tav, not for Steven Gerrard.

That's the spirit! Only need a few creative people to get it going. The rest of our unimaginative support just have to turn up and enjoy themselves. I'm sure we are capable.

Nice idea in theory but our support isn’t imaginative enough for this kind of thing. Sad but true. Bufalo song only original one for years. No tune for a stalwart like Tav, not for Steven Gerrard.

We have songs, ready to use at these. Including the song for Stevie G and Tav

Nice idea in theory but our support isn’t imaginative enough for this kind of thing. Sad but true. Bufalo song only original one for years. No tune for a stalwart like Tav, none for Steven Gerrard.

Think the Loyalist tunes are the easy fall back and probably why theres so few original songs started. Might be the kind of event that could see that change.

Liverpool is a great Mathew st is jumping at weekends. I been few times now was over there at the weekend for stag and was lucky to get a ticket for Chelsea end was great time part from the results and I recommend may Duncan’s cheap place stay and u not pay over £3.20 for a drink
may duncans, the old thistle pub, now doubled in size,,was my sunday night lock-in pub of choice when I was down there in the 90s, great wee boozer run by a great loyalist , the late stevie bell

All suggestions welcome.

Saltcoats mate

You will upset people by using that tone!
Only if your easily upset,I went for a pint on Saturday in the quarry bar and the pub filled up with some sort of orange walk or band just not my thing,I don’t care what folk are into each to their own,my mates would follow the big walk etc years ago but I thought it was rubbish so didn’t.
Few of my mates joined the masons a few years back aswell but I’m not interested(sounds shite to me) that’s just the way it is.
Like I said I’m not looking to rile anybody whos into that side of things as I realise alot of the time it go’s hand in hand but I just like being a bluenose and that’s it,the rest doesn’t interest me

Just not into the uvf/orange sash bash stuff,it’s means nothing to me,dont mean to offend anybody who is.
It just think it’s a load of pish that doesn’t feature in my life.
Not for me should cover it. :D 'load of pish' tends to get under some people's skin ;)

Or just Jakey don't be Hastie
No dirty words

I'd be down for that. Going to try and brainstorm as much stuff as possible for next season.

The Gaffers from Liverpool, one of the best music city's in the UK. Sure we could remix something from the Beatles, La's or Coral to give him a unique Rangers anthem. Criminal we've not got one for him already.

I'd be down for that. Going to try and brainstorm as much stuff as possible for next season.

The Gaffers from Liverpool, one of the best music city's in the UK. Sure we could remix something from the Beatles, La's or Coral to give him a unique Rangers anthem. Criminal we've not got one for him already.
maybe someone could come up with a song based on George Harrison"s , my sweet lord,,steve gerrard fits those 3 words just needs some one to build around it

The La's "There she goes" changing the there she goes line to "Steviieeee Gee"

Stevieee Gee
There he goes again
Racing through' my brain
And I just can't contain
This feelin' that remains

Something like that anyway!

I’d personally much rather spend 90 mins singing catchy songs about football & our players than the tired loyalist songs that inevitably get pulled out. Not saying stop singing them by any means, but surely football songs are better

My effort for our captain to the same tune as the VVD song the Liverpool fans sing.

James Tavernier
Rangers number 2
He's proud to wear the royal blue
Just wait and see what he can do
He's our blue Cafu
He's our blue Cafu

James Tavernier
In the blue and white
James Tavernier
Running down the right
He scores the goals
And assists them too
He’s our blue Cafu
He’s our blue Cafu

James Tavernier
In the blue and white
James Tavernier
Running down the right
He scores the goals
And assists them too
He’s our blue Cafu
He’s our blue Cafu

He’s our right back
He’s our number 2
Watch him defend and he scores goals too
He’s our captain In royal blue
He’s our blue Cafu
He’s our blue Cafu

No offence taken, The Louden is a totally different establishment. But I thought our beer garden would have been ideal in the sunshine.
Good luck with this

Would you not get hastle off the neighbours for that? I’d heard a while ago that was why there was no TVs outside? I was just imagining it being in the bar where you’ve had players etc speaking and didn’t see how that would work. Downstairs in the WRC seems the more obvious as a live music venue.

He’s our right back
He’s our number 2
Watch him defend and he scores goals too
He’s our captain In royal blue
He’s our blue Cafu
He’s our blue Cafu
James Tavernier
Rangers number 2
He scores the goals
He assists them to
He's proud to wear red white & blue
He's our blue cafu
He's our blue cafu.

Would you not get hastle off the neighbours for that? I’d heard a while ago that was why there was no TVs outside? I was just imagining it being in the bar where you’ve had players etc speaking and didn’t see how that would work. Downstairs in the WRC seems the more obvious as a live music venue.
As long as it was durimg the day at weekend I believe i could have spoken to PS,after all they don't have a problem with concerts in Bellahouston Park and we have a bigger % of security'
Anyway a mute point, plus our bar holds 250 people,

Back